Colonoscopy

Hey Emily,

The anethesia always gets me sick. Even when they give me the anti-puke stuff, i still puke. Seems that they give me too much. My first operation on my shoulder, it wasn't that bad but i was still woozy. The second time for my gall bladder, i was so sick.
That's awful, I heard it can make people sick, you are really sensitive to it.

I never get enough and wake up mid procedure and remember it, I hear the doctors talking, it's really scary. I had read somewhere redheads is we have a naturally higher tolerance to anesthesia, that might be BS but I did wake up in the middle of three minor operations. When I had all my wisdom teeth removed at once I woke up midway and swung at the surgeon.

I had a colonscopy done May 22 at Mount Sani

What you need to do is not sleep the night before. I repeat do not sleep the night before.

Then get there right. They will put the IV in you right. You will be nervous. You tell them don't put that thing up my ass until I am asleep.

That's what I say to them. Since I have a high tolerance for anesthesia. They hit me with 2 rounds and I tell them this. I said I want two rounds.

Pretty much they know the deal.

I have an ulcer so I get checked once a year. Risks for colon cancer in black men is high. I really don't play games.

Also, many men are new to colonscopies so at first you feel like a rape victim lol. It happened to me when I was young.

Afterawhile your out like a light once they check you.

That's my advice for that procedure. Never sleep the night before so you can be knocked out by the drugs the next day.

Simple.

Oh yea

They say don't drive after the colonscopy. I am so strong I drive home from Manhattan to Queens.

I use to be hooked on percets and diluated. (Did not spell it right). Diulated is better than Morphine. I can't feel a thing with Morphine. It feels like an Aspirin to me.

By the way you, the only way to get Diulated is if your hospitalized. I grabbed the nurse hand and said wtf is this. This is not morphine. She said yea this is stronger.

"Girl come back tonight and give me more of that".

Emily I didn't spell the drug right diluated diolated something like that.

Try Fentanyl. It's 100% stronger than Morphine.
Fentanyl gave me the worst migraine of my life. It was so bad I had to go to the emergency room and they wanted to give me morphine, I screamed at them "no more opiates". It was great before the migraine set in, I wrote a 10 pages of a children's book and telepathically communicated with my cat, that stuff is no joke.

Hey Irv, I think you spelled right. I liked it also, I was in lala land. It was given to me for an ulcer related attack, I thought I was having a heart attack, it felt like I was getting hit in my chest with a sledgehammer until the shot kicked in then I felt no pain. I wanted to leave because I felt better but they made me stay a few days because my bloodwork was not good. They kept asking if I was still in pain and I have to confess I kind of milked it, it made the hospital stay tolerable.

Try to get the first appointment of the day. That way you won't have to starve yourself for as long.....
The whole procedure is no big deal and important.
Do it.

Gastroenterologists (invasive cardiologists too) are the new one trick ponies of medicine. They have in house facilities and they will order a colonoscopy for almost every patient who walks into their door. Their laxative kits are donated by medical supply manufacturers who in turn expect to make a killing by selling supplies to the doctor, doctor then bills medicare, and we the people finally end up paying everything. Colonoscopies are usually followed by an endoscopy regardless of the results.

Last edited:
For health reasons, I must a colonocosopy ever year. The only additional piece of advice that I can give is that you only need to be on the liquid diet for 24 hours. I usually have breakfast the day before even they always told to not eat the entire day before. Not eating is the hardest part.

Last edited:
One of my co-workers told me because his brother didn't have a colonoscopy, they did not detect something inside of him. He only has a few more years/months to live. I don't know what it is exactly but it put a tear in his eye. When I heard this, I'm def going to see the doctor. I'm still considered young but you never know. Going to the doctor is a good thing.

I know 3 guys that died of colon cancer. They were between the ages of 47 and 54 years old. If any if them had a colonoscopy at say the age of 40, then 1 every 5 years after that, they would still be living..

Gastroenterologists (invasive cardiologists too) are the new one trick ponies of medicine. They have in house facilities and they will order a colonoscopy for almost every patient who walks into their door. Their laxative kits are donated by medical supply manufacturers who in turn expect to make a killing by selling supplies to the doctor, doctor then bills medicare, and we the people finally end up paying everything. Colonoscopies are usually followed by an endoscopy regardless of the results.
I somewhat agree, but in my case, I got the supplies at the drug store (CVS), had a first in the morning appointment. My test was negative, was told to come back in 10 years. Yes, but just look at the number of people who die from colon cancer, you could say the same thing about prostrate cancer, but with the screening done now, its reduced the number of deaths. I had 4 uncles who all died from prostrate cancer, no screening back in the 60's and 70's.

Not all bad (sometimes)

I had it done some 2 years ago at Mt. Sinai by a Japanese WOMAN in her 30's. I was fully awake and we were monitoring the procedure together. I was so alert that I spotted one of the two polyps found and removed. Anestesia was local, I was OK throughtout and later that day.

More of a hassel drinking that shit before going there.

One of my co-workers told me because his brother didn't have a colonoscopy, they did not detect something inside of him. He only has a few more years/months to live. I don't know what it is exactly but it put a tear in his eye. When I heard this, I'm def going to see the doctor. I'm still considered young but you never know. Going to the doctor is a good thing.
You have to get it done, woman have to get tests done every year (not as invasive but still not the most pleasant). The whole reason is to detect something early and treatable instead of a long and painful and eventual death. My brother in laws father did not believe in doctors and never had anything tested. When they found the cancer it was so bad he died within a few months and widowed his wife way too young, it could have been avoided if he has just gotten a colonoscopy and prostate exam.

Last edited:
I agree Emily

Prostate and Colon cancer takes you quick. As for Fentanyl, they gave me that when I had surgery years ago. That makes morphine feel like an aspirin. Morphine I just don't feel it anymore. I guess that is why hospitals are so quick to give you Morphine. Simply does not have an affect on you. It relaxes you but dilaudid.

Dilaudid gives you that "warm feeling around your neck". I was like what the hell. I can't even explain it to you. Like seriously you can get addicted to this drug. I had it injected in me 3 times day. I milked it too.

Under NYC Law if you are pain they have to give you something. Hospitals never give you more than morphine. This big crackdown on pain medicine is a big deal now.

I remember you could get a percet prescription easy.

I agree Emily

Prostate and Colon cancer takes you quick. As for Fentanyl, they gave me that when I had surgery years ago. That makes morphine feel like an aspirin. Morphine I just don't feel it anymore. I guess that is why hospitals are so quick to give you Morphine. Simply does not have an affect on you. It relaxes you but dilaudid.

Dilaudid gives you that "warm feeling around your neck". I was like what the hell. I can't even explain it to you. Like seriously you can get addicted to this drug. I had it injected in me 3 times day. I milked it too.

Under NYC Law if you are pain they have to give you something. Hospitals never give you more than morphine. This big crackdown on pain medicine is a big deal now.

I remember you could get a percet prescription easy.

Your right Irv, Fentanyl does make Morphine feel like asprin. I seriously was too high (hallucinating, nodding out, delusions of grandeur) from the lowest does patch. You are so high you forget to eat and drink and that's what went wrong with me, I became so dehydrated that my head felt like it was going to explode. I was also vomiting non-stop for hours around the second day (sorry so graphic), seriously I thought I was going to die. At least with Morphine and Dilaudid you have some of your wits about you, your just in a euphoric state and pain free but Fentanyl is seriously closer to PCP (was dubbed by the whole passing the laced joint trick so I know what it's like). I would only agree to Fentanyl again with close supervision. I gave the rest back to my doctor, I didn't even want it in my apartment.

what is the age men should start with the colon exam i am 41.
I'm 34 but I had my gallbladder taken out. Ever since then, everything is peachy but sometimes I have wicked gas and #2's. Sometimes its just like the bile that sits in my stomach creates an oil slick for everything to come out. But now that I think about it, I've been having issues before the gallbladder.