Chinese food during covid-19, lol

I know this is going to seem like a joke, but it's not, it's pure irony. I've been craving Chinese food! But the only places I've seen open, I wouldn't try in good times, so I'm definitely not trying now. Anyone know of any good, reputable spots that are still open?
My measure of standard for good Chinese foods is/was Hunam on Hempstead tpke, across from tri county, in that little strip mall. Was a hole in the wall, but got written up every year as the best Chinese food in Nassau county. The slippery chicken was the best chicken dish I've ever had. After it closed, I found Palace of Wong in RVC to be acceptable, no where close in comparison, but acceptable. Since it's closed, I'm forced to use Kams Kitchen in Oside, but it's sub par at best, and I won't touch it under the circumstances.
Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd be willing to travel for the right Chinese food, as long as reviews support all claims.
Thank you in advance. Or maybe "xie xie" would be more appropriate...!

billyS

Reign of Terror
I know this is going to seem like a joke, but it's not, it's pure irony. I've been craving Chinese food! But the only places I've seen open, I wouldn't try in good times, so I'm definitely not trying now. Anyone know of any good, reputable spots that are still open?
My measure of standard for good Chinese foods is/was Hunam on Hempstead tpke, across from tri county, in that little strip mall. Was a hole in the wall, but got written up every year as the best Chinese food in Nassau county. The slippery chicken was the best chicken dish I've ever had. After it closed, I found Palace of Wong in RVC to be acceptable, no where close in comparison, but acceptable. Since it's closed, I'm forced to use Kams Kitchen in Oside, but it's sub par at best, and I won't touch it under the circumstances.
Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd be willing to travel for the right Chinese food, as long as reviews support all claims.
Ahh Place of Wong!
That was my go to also.

I'm with you, but I think the good ones are closed. When its back to normal, China King in O'side, strip mall on Brower where that HS kid was unfortunately killed, is the best Chinese takeout ever. High quality and fresh.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm with you, but I think the good ones are closed. When its back to normal, China King in O'side, strip mall on Brower where that HS kid was unfortunately killed, is the best Chinese takeout ever. High quality and fresh.
The one on Lawson across from Nobles is very good. Extra treat, if you go in there on the weekend and one or both of the twins are working the counter. If only AMP girls looked like them.

The Orient in Hicksville has been my go to- They do have an extensive dine in menu, but if you request, ( which I have done) order many of these for takeout. Excellent spare ribs and pork dishes

There's definitely differences. Take Panda Express chain food at the bottom line in the sand blech. But some of them might just put peas as vegetables whereas other will load it on with an assortment, some even being fresh vegetables instead of from frozen. I'm a General Tsaos affectionado and it varies so much from place to place it's ridiculous. And my favorite place I can even tell who the chef was and might try a different dish if he's not there. Some will make their own egg rolls, etc. And then there is esp in NYC the difference between American Chinese food and more authentic Chinese food. 10 minutes or not lol!

If I may hijack 24/7 ‘s post for a moment, should anyone like Greek, ( which of course, we ALL do), try Pete the Greek in Old Bethpage for takeout-

They have also been wonderful supporters to our First Responders and elderly in need

So long as we're hijacked... there used to be a place Gyro II across from Madison Square Garden on 7th I guess and when I went to go there this summer(?) they were renovating as another store as they were gone. The gyro were like mouth orgasms to me. Anybody know if they set up shop elsewhere?

So long as we're hijacked... there used to be a place Gyro II across from Madison Square Garden on 7th I guess and when I went to go there this summer(?) they were renovating as another store as they were gone. The gyro were like mouth orgasms to me. Anybody know if they set up shop elsewhere?
Loved that place 1978 -82 I worked nearby.

Little FU’s in Hewlett not sure if they’re open through this pandemic but you need to check them out when you get a chance very authentic dishes and choices I highly recommend. Another good place is in Levittown Fortune Wheel mostly dim sum is their specialty but they’re take out menu if great as well. Last but not least is Spicy Home Tasty on 1087 Jericho Turnpike
Commack, NY 11725 they have authentic Chinese food straight from the motherland. They are in the level of Taos in Stonybrook that closed down last year sometime two of the most authentic ASIAN SPOTS IN Long Island outside of Queens and Chinatown. Hope this helps you out and you find what you’re looking for in your Chinese conquest. Good luck and enjoy your journey and endeavors just save some for me I mean US lol. Have a great week and take care of yourself be safe and stay healthy my dude be good!

No 1 Great Wall Hempstead Turnpike west of Hofstra. Very good but only get it when at work. Busy place so they may be open.
Best I have found close to home is in the Oceanside Trader Joe parking lot. They have closed a few days back.