Chinese food during covid-19, lol

Noticing in general that takeout food quality is suffering greatly during this covid19 situation. Seems like restaurants may be short staffed, dealing with lack of supply of ingredients, or using old stock since turnover is very slow these days.

Noticing in general that takeout food quality is suffering greatly during this covid19 situation. Seems like restaurants may be short staffed, dealing with lack of supply of ingredients, or using old stock since turnover is very slow these days.
A mix of all three scenarios. Places are emptying their fridges and especially their freezers. So you might be getting some older freezer burnt cuisine.

Don’t forget markets are in short supply as vendors aren’t taking as much with fears they won’t move it to restaurants.

Short staffed is an understatement for most restaurants. The good pizza places are killing it. 8 deep behind the counter at umbertos in elmont Saturday night.

Try looking in Hicksville area. Tons of Indian establishments in that neighborhood.

I don’t have a specific place, as Indian food is not my thing. Tons of well reviewed places in that area.

Good Indian food suggestions?
For my money, the best Indian restaurant is Hillside Dosa Hutt. Raj is the owner and he loves his customers. He delights in perfection and observes your ecstasy as you indulge. Each dosa is a work of art as well as all other dishes. Not a formal place but truly excellent. I have taken Chinese ladies there and converted them to Indian food lovers. The owner, Raj, made his bones learning his craft in a restaurant by the Hindu Temple.

I remember a hot summer night there and we ordered a whole lot and not drinking but getting high off the spice and the big screen TV playing exotic Indian rock music like Krishna Temple Rock and it had the aura of an opium den without the drugs because the food and music was that good and I looked up at Raj and he snickered and winked because he knew I just got the meaning of life.
Dosa Hutt
258-15 Hillside Avenue
Floral Park, NY
718 414-4780