Chinese food during covid-19, lol

Based on this thread we got Abe's of Long Beach yesterday. I'm sorry to say, my wife daughter and I were disappointed. My daughter's Cesar salad was lettuce, tomato, cucumber and she said the dressing tasted like ranch.....no cheese at all. My Falafel sandwich was very bland. They forgot the white sauce for my wife's Gyro (she said the meat was good). Her Greek salad was more like an American house salad. This was only our experience. I am not trying to disrespect anyone's opinion.

Based on this thread we got Abe's of Long Beach yesterday. I'm sorry to say, my wife daughter and I were disappointed. My daughter's Cesar salad was lettuce, tomato, cucumber and she said the dressing tasted like ranch.....no cheese at all. My Falafel sandwich was very bland. They forgot the white sauce for my wife's Gyro (she said the meat was good). Her Greek salad was more like an American house salad. This was only our experience. I am not trying to disrespect anyone's opinion.
Not at all dude! I respect everyone's opinion. I'm sorry you didn't experience what it can be when Abe's is spot on. Maybe the owner wasn't there, he's usually on top of things. I won't suggest you give it another chance, as first impressions can seal the deal for me sometimes. Thanks for giving it a shot, and reporting back here.

Not at all dude! I respect everyone's opinion. I'm sorry you didn't experience what it can be when Abe's is spot on. Maybe the owner wasn't there, he's usually on top of things. I won't suggest you give it another chance, as first impressions can seal the deal for me sometimes. Thanks for giving it a shot, and reporting back here.
Thanks I wantahj.....not personal at all. I need to find a good falafel sandwich on LI....I enjoyed Moumans in Syosset, I just read it closed. The place in Roosevelt field has a good one.....I need the sandwich IN THE PITA, not wrapped in it .... thats why I don't like Pete's Pittaria Island Park.

Thanks I wantahj.....not personal at all. I need to find a good falafel sandwich on LI....I enjoyed Moumans in Syosset, I just read it closed. The place in Roosevelt field has a good one.....I need the sandwich IN THE PITA, not wrapped in it .... thats why I don't like Pete's Pittaria Island Park.
I never take ANYTHING here personally, except maybe from @billyS cuz I secretly think he's my nextdoor neighbor, anyway...I gotta try where you think they have good falafel, cuz I think Abe's is excellent. And it sounds like you have a deeper appreciation for good Greek food than I do. I've never been a fan of Pete's, so we're on the same page there. Enjoy your day.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Try Pita Park on Tulip Ave in Floral Park.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thanks again Billy...Im looking for in the Pita pocket....wrapped falls apart. From their website:
Sandwich
choice of meat, wrapped in a pita with tomatoes, onions, lettuce, fries, and tzatziki
Gotcha. Sorry, the food is good there.
There is another place I like but it wouldn't fit your criteria either.
It's a stand on Queens Blvd just past where Main Street starts and in front of the Briarwood subway station.
Good bargain and he really stuffs the wrap with meat, overflowing in fact.
But it's wrapped and gets messy

Gotcha. Sorry, the food is good there.
There is another place I like but it wouldn't fit your criteria either.
It's a stand on Queens Blvd just past where Main Street starts and in front of the Briarwood subway station.
Good bargain and he really stuffs the wrap with meat, overflowing in fact.
But it's wrapped and gets messy
WOW mid to late 80s I lived in the building right there on the corner of Queens Blvd and Main Street in Briarwood. Itvhad a doorman and a pool on a lower roof 4th floor. Back then I was fucking chicks I met on party lines (phone chat rooms) and getting Blow Jobs from HOT chicks for $20 by the Greyhound bus terminal in NYC. Those were the days.

WOW mid to late 80s I lived in the building right there on the corner of Queens Blvd and Main Street in Briarwood. Itvhad a doorman and a pool on a lower roof 4th floor. Back then I was fucking chicks I met on party lines (phone chat rooms) and getting Blow Jobs from HOT chicks for $20 by the Greyhound bus terminal in NYC. Those were the days.
On the way to greyhound there was a gyro place on NE corner of 42st and 8ave indeed those were the days

Maybe we make this a discussion on what is still open?
My still very busy Friday night pizza joint will be closed as of Monday.
Owner and staff are understandably concerned about their health.

Maybe we make this a discussion on what is still open?
My still very busy Friday night pizza joint will be closed as of Monday.
Owner and staff are understandably concerned about their health.
Thanks for the suggestions here. I'll definitely be trying these places when things return to normal. I ended up on Brooklyn yesterday and was surprised that even some gas stations and delis were closed.

I wouldn't go there for salad. You need to know how to order there. Only certain things that are great. Go there for gyro both chicken and lamb, souvlaki, falafel. Not sure why it was bland.