Being Stood Up Really Sucks

I was working on this semipro recently. She had an ad on Yahoo. We emailed a few times, she sent me some sexy glamour-style pics, I sent her my pic.

We met for lunch. We had a great time talking and hanging out. We were holding hands and making plans.

She was supposed to come over at 9pm one night for our first paid date. She was formerly a stripper so she's not a novice to the concept of play for pay and I knew she'd know how to handle herself.

We spoke at 5pm that evening and confirmed.

At 9pm she didn't show up.

Now I'm the kind of guy who figures that if we had a great in-person meeting and she said at 5pm she's coming over and then she doesn't show up, something might have happened to her.

So I've been calling her cellphone a few times a week for the past few weeks. Last night I finally got through to her and she said, "I didn't feel comfortable," and that's that.

Well ok, fine. So why the fuck couldn't she have just said that to me on the phone before standing me up? Or even the next day, so I wouldn't be worried about her? Remember this is someone who had met me in person and had said to my face that she was ready, willing, and able to proceed.

I know this is just the way of the world. Men stand women up all the time. Women stand up men.

But it's so fucking rude. I spent the entire night wondering what happened to her and three subsequent weeks thinking she might have gotten hit by a truck.

Ok thanks for listening I just wanted to vent a little.

It sucks to stand people up. If you make a date and change your mind, just tell them that.

fish

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
1) Well, there are downsides to semi-pros, too.

2) Once she stood you up, is it all that surpirising that she would be too embarrassed to call ?

3) "She was formerly a stripper". You know this or she said this ? Just like she agree to have a paid date. Any chance this is some psychology grad student working on a thesis ?

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
ff,
I agree it sucks to be stood up, but isnt it a little simplistic to want everyone to just be honest, call when they are not coming etc. People do shitty things to other people all day long all over the world, people that are your friends will say one thing and do the exact opposite and then deny they ever said it. Yeah, wouldnt it be nice if people thought before they spoke, meant what they said , followed through, were responsible and accountable for their behavior? What a nice world that would be. I realize you are venting, and so am I- so please do not take this as an attack, you just struck a chord in me is all.
take care HP

I am sitting at my desk IRL waiting for a 9 AM business appointment to show. He confirmed yesterday. I have a 10:30AM that I scheduled to give my 9 enough time.

I am a strong advocate of the 20 minute rule...more than 20 min late (w/no phone call) the meeting is cancelled..no explanations (w/exceptions, but very few).

That's the way of the world . Which is why when I return a phone call within an hour of someone leaving me a message I get the invariable "I can't believe you called me back". Is the state of service so bad today that a callback of a phone message elicits such wonder??

Sad but true...

Originally posted by robnotbob
Is the state of service so bad today that a callback of a phone message elicits such wonder??
I just got a call from my 10:30 saying that they would be late, and wished to reschedule at noon. I was astonished, since what usually happens is that I show up at the appointed time, and get an "Oops, sorry," or "He got tied up."

As far as "I'll call ya right back," that one should go on Candie's list of the three(plus) biggest lies, along with "I'll be there at..."

What's up with that? I learned such behavior was patently rude, yet more and more people seem to be accepting it as de riguer(sp)

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
a lil something called tact.......or lack of

It’s only happened to me once in my lifetime, and it was only with a provider.

It pains me that it happened with this one particular provider because it seems that this is the one gal you can't bad mouth on this board. I think in fact I was told that this board was "made just for her".... on top of that everyone.... and I mean everyone has her on one of their "favorites" list for one reason or another.... It seems there isn't enough good things to say about this lady.

I know by writing this I will never get the chance to see her, but so be it.

I've contacted Body2See a few times prior to setting up a time and place. She was very pleasant on the phone. We did a whole lot of hit or miss playing phone tag and email tag.

It happened I was putting together the last G2G when she emailed me saying she would attend. I thought maybe this is would be a good time to set up a date either prior or afterwards. She emailed saying it would be great, we'd take a cab back to hotel etc. We emailed back and forth again, with the last email discussing what time we would sneak out from the G2G and head to her hotel.

When I arrived at the G2G, she was already there, so I got to finally meet her in the flesh. She is a very attractive and voluptuous lady. The night drew on, and our agreed escape time of 10:30 had reached. I looked over onto the couch where she was sitting and she seemed not to have realized. 11:00...11:30... 11:45 I ask her to come over to the bar with me. We chatted and kissed for a few seconds, ordered a drink and then she asks if I still want to go...? I knew that was a bad sign. I told her absolutely.... and she said okay lets go.... We left our drinks at the bar and started walking for the door...

It was now Midnight and most everyone was walking out because parking in front of the bar was only good till midnight. So the mass exodus proceeded. Everyone outside the bar was standing around discussing where to go...what to do... I had the pleasure of saying sorry I am leaving with her.... she comes up to me and takes me across the street away from the crowd and asks me again if I want to still go or not... I said yes. She says okay. I thought we would jump into my car but instead she tells me to meet me at so and so hotel room number ### and to giver her an hour or so to get rid of her friends. My mouth dropped to the floor. I glanced down at my watch 12:20 AM. She then jumps into another car of someone who was at the G2G. Later I found out that it was a guy from UG named DREW. They raced off and all I got was a look from the guys standing around.

We all took off and I thought long and hard and made the decision to go there in an hour simply so that no one the next day could tell me…. “Oh…but I waited for you and you never showed up.”

1:20 am I went… I parked … I knocked… I called… nothing…
I go home. I get the apology letter next afternoon, and a big promise to make it up…. I get a letter later saying something about Fire Island … I say great… She emails me saying it will either be Friday or Saturday of next week. I follow back with couple of emails. Friday comes and goes. Swing and a miss… strike two

Two weeks go by and I get an email asking if I am mad. I responded in an email, saying no just disappointed, gave her my number and asked her to send hers again.

Well that was more than a week ago and as of yet nothing.

So…. now at this stage I feel I’ve treated her with the utmost of respect and handled everything that’s happened with benevolence. She always been pleasant on the phone and her emails are always sweet and innocent, yet she has treated me with nothing but tactlessness, drivel, ineptitude and callousness in the way she has handled herself with me.

There I said it…. I’m looking forward to all the hate mail that I’ll be getting for this one.

C’est La Vie

John J

[Edited by slinkybender on 08-20-2001 at 12:25 PM]

justme

homo economicus
I think in fact I was told that this board was "made just for her"

Heh. Can you really picture the APM putting this kind of effort for anyone but himself? Really?

I'll be the first to jump in with hate mail as you call it.

I posted my story but I didn't name any names. I was making a point about manners, as everybody else on this thread figured out.

I think there is quite enough interpersonal bs in our little community already without adding to it.

My preference would be that anybody with an axe to grind about another member of our community would do it offline and not start more rumors and pissing contests on the UG board.

And definitely not on my thread.

Thaks for listening.

fish

JohnJ --

You were far more diplomatic, IRL and in your post, than I would have been.

No one should flame you for ***telling the truth***. These boards are supposed to be for sharing information about providers, among other things, so you can hardly be faulted for voicing such a legitimate beef.

Brenda/B2See* seems like a very nice person from her posts and clearly has a rep. for being a good provider, but that doesn't mean she should be excused for shoddy business practices.

As far as the board being "made just for her", I really don't know anything about that (though it seems a bit silly if you think about it), but it sounds like a vintage "Ozzyism" (obvious bait to bring my good friend Ozzy out of lurk mode).

--WSB

former name doesn't work any more???

Originally posted by fishfry
I'll be the first to jump in with hate mail as you call it.

I posted my story but I didn't name any names. I was making a point about manners, as everybody else on this thread figured out.

I think there is quite enough interpersonal bs in our little community already without adding to it.

My preference would be that anybody with an axe to grind about another member of our community would do it offline and not start more rumors and pissing contests on the UG board.

And definitely not on my thread.

Thaks for listening.

fish
I assume you are referring to John's reference to the other UG member, and if that is the case, I agree it would probably be better not to point fingers at him.

If you are referring to his reference to Brenda/B2See, I couldn't possibly disagree more as the exchange of provider info is an important aspect of these boards.

--WSB

pswope

One out of three
JJ
You have been a gent and,if true TVO's*behavior towards you was awful,but don't you think you were a tad naive thinking you could walk a UG icon out of a crowd of adoring "fans"**?

pswope, good to see you posting again. I have heard so many wonderful things about you, that you're perceptive, clever, and well-hung. I look forward to meeting you someday. Stay perceptive, clever, and well-hung!!

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Without aiming this at anyone:

If anyone thinks that this board was created for the purposes of advertising any one provider, you've got to be out of your fucking mind. As far as the person in question:

1) My complete contact with her has been about 45 seconds of converstaion at a UG get together ( in front of 4 or 5 other UG members ), a kiss ( which another UG member goaded her into ), and a few emails ( none of which pertained to a session with me.

2) She has in no way made any sort of compensation whatsoever to any entity or person associated with UG.

3) I'm getting tired of seeing/deleting new threads which of the ilk "an ode to....." ( certainly when at the least they should have been subsumed into previously existing "ode to" threads ).

On the other hand, if what was merely intended by whomever uttered the original statement was that the format and or population of UG is a very convenient platform for her, perhaps that's something which we need to "work on".