Ari Wants To Know...

I don't move to the rhythm of the music, either. But I find it distracting if the rhythm is actually, I don't know, disruptive, I guess I mean.
Could you imagine if someone actually did that? Like, how cheesy would it be if a guy were to thrust in and out of a woman to the the beat of the music playing? I would definitely start laughing at him and not be able to continue having sex. Basically the kind of thing where you have to be like, "Ok.. no. Time out... TIME OUT! What the hell are you doing?"

justme

homo economicus
I am NOT giving in to that.

This is actually up next on my fuck play pile.

See, it's interesting. Cuz it's not (IMO) one of their best albums. But I think it would be their best "fuck" album.
Just clarifying in case someone wanted to pick up a copy - you know, 'hey, I should check out that album that JL says he likes to fuck to.'

And Nothing is just less engaging, I suppose. I tend to think that fuck music needs to be sufficienty rhythmic, but at the same time somewhat backgroundable - dubby dance music, trip hop, more ambient jazz and such. If you got some piece of music that surprises you and demands your attention every few seconds, it's just not going to work. That's why I'm still surprised about Up in Flames. Although that album is probably more engaging for me because I have strong memories associated with their shows.

Yeah, personal resonance can be pretty important for this stuff. I always liked fucking to Getz/Gilberto until the woman who told me, "You don't honestly expect me to have sex to The Girl from Ipanema?" Now I make sure to skip the first track...

I tend to think that fuck music needs to be sufficienty rhythmic, but at the same time somewhat backgroundable - dubby dance music, trip hop, more ambient jazz and such.
Yo yo yo. We fuck to the same kind of music.

I guess to me Up in Flames sounds mostly like the Beatles electrospaced out.

justme

homo economicus
So I listened to the album this morning and I figured out my problems.

See, when you see them in concert they play these really fun cartoons that are perfectly choreographed to the music. It's actually quite neat. Anyways, all the music changes correspond to actions on the screen. The first time I ever heard of Manitoba was seeing them open for Broadcast. I had no idea what to expect and was really taken by their multimedia approach. I've seen them a few times since and it's almost impossible to divorce the music from the image. So I hear Manitoba and I think about muppets or Monty-Pythonesque animation.

You can see how that might be distracting.

When I said the music was busy, I suppose it's because I have these images flying around my head whenever I hear it.

It's funny you should say that.

There's a dvd with the videos shown with all the songs on Up in Flames and The Milk of Human Kindness. I was thinking of getting it, for use as background for when I fuck in the Soho House, which has these HUGE TVs with this excellent (for a hotel) sound system.

But maybe it would be too, I dunno, multi-media.

(I'm sure my "dates" are sick of staring at the chandalier, though.)

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Could you imagine if someone actually did that? Like, how cheesy would it be if a guy were to thrust in and out of a woman to the the beat of the music playing? I would definitely start laughing at him and not be able to continue having sex. Basically the kind of thing where you have to be like, "Ok.. no. Time out... TIME OUT! What the hell are you doing?"
That funny you should say that. One time, I was playing some cello sonatas during sex. I guess he was really digging the music because later he told me he was imagining I was a cello and he was playing me with his cock. If he had told me so at the time, I probably would have laughed and disrupted his groove.

That funny you should say that. One time, I was playing some cello sonatas during sex. I guess he was really digging the music because later he told me he was imagining I was a cello and he was playing me with his cock. If he had told me so at the time, I probably would have laughed and disrupted his groove.
One time I had sex with someone while we were both rolling on ecstacy, and after going down on me for awhile he told me he'd been praying while he was down there and had experienced a spiritual awakening of some sort. It sounded so bizarre to me that I decided I must not be high enough. In any case, I completely lost my urge to do it.

It's funny you should say that.

There's a dvd with the videos shown with all the songs on Up in Flames and The Milk of Human Kindness. I was thinking of getting it, for use as background for when I fuck in the Soho House, which has these HUGE TVs with this excellent (for a hotel) sound system.

But maybe it would be too, I dunno, multi-media.

(I'm sure my "dates" are sick of staring at the chandalier, though.)
That's why fucking at the Liberty is so much fun. Who wants to look at stupid chandaliers when you can see all those beautiful ceiling murals of asian angels?

One time I had sex with someone while we were both rolling on ecstacy, and after going down on me for awhile he told me he'd been praying while he was down there and had experienced a spiritual awakening of some sort. It sounded so bizarre to me that I decided I must not be high enough. In any case, I completely lost my urge to do it.
Did you ever see that James Toback movie where, in one highly improbable sex scene, Rudolf Nureyev starts miming playing Nastia Kinski's nude body like a cello?

I'll never forget what J. Hoberman said about it: it was so delirously bad that people were "throwing popcorn at the screen like confetti."

That's why fucking at the Liberty is so much fun. Who wants to look at stupid chandaliers when you can see all those beautiful ceiling murals of asian angels?
But that room with the mirror in the ceiling . . . .

(Happily, my most frequent companion in that room was sufficiently narcissistic that she only looked at her own reflection, and not at mine.)

Last edited:
Did you ever see that James Toback movie where, in one highly improbable sex scene, Rudolf Nureyev starts miming playing Nastia Kinski's nude body like a cello?

I'll never forget what J. Hoberman said about it: it was so delirously bad that people were "throwing popcorn at the screen like confetti."
No, I didn't see it... but that does sound hilarious. btw - I like that Tricky album a lot. I was just sampling everyone's suggestions on Napster.

Here's another one:

Zero 7 - Simple Things

Oooops. This was supposed to be a response to franca.

But that room with the mirror in the ceiling . . . .

(Happily, my most frequent companion in that room was sufficiently narcissistic that she only looked at her own reflection, and not at mine.)
That time I met the German tourist at the midtown hotel there were mirrors all over the place. It was fucking gross. They were right next to the bed all along the sliding closet doors. He was doing me doggy style and I happened to glance over. That one single image has like, haunted me ever since.