A-Rods game winning home run

no crying about anything, Giambi already apologized for the whole steroid thing, he manned up unlike anybody else he came out and apologized to everyone, this whole thing is not even about giambi and illegal drugs, it is about a-rod sucking when he needs to get a base hit

Bottom Line is quite simple. The Yanks have been badly wounded most of the season and are still on top in the Wild Card Issue, and breathing down the neck of the Red Sox.

In 2003 LAcs game 7, the Giambino blasted 2 hrs to keep the Yanks in it or otherwise the Boone moment never happens. This is NY. Fortunately or unfortunately, we love and forgive a player of social misgivings when he's producing for us. Did we care Strawberry was punching out his wife when he was hitting big playoff hrs for the Yanks in the late 90's. Yea, Daryl, we don't care about another battering if you're taking Benitez out deep in the 8th. Did we care about Cone's fornicating incident in 88 when he went 20-3. Steve Howe got a thousand chances cause the Yanks needed a closer. Look at Kobe..81 pts and Colorado what. LT was coked up in the 80's but 2 Superbowl Rings says he can do whatever he wanted. Arod has to produce and yeah his 5-4-3 double play was the cherry on top of a horrible series last year which offsets his regular season MVP campaign. It sounds harsh but it is what is. Bottom line is world champions or bust in NYC

Lascivious said:
IS Abreu and Lidle the answer? Inquiring minds want to know!
Well, it's certainly not the answer to atrocious middle relief and inconsistent starters, but the trade was a no brainer. Abreu knows how to get on base steal bases even if his run production has declined somewhat. Also, he might be incredibly motivated now that he's on a serious contender and will be in the spotlight in a city with a lot bigger Latin population than Philly and all that.

Lidle is an average pitcher, but he's better than what the Yankees were putting out there.

What inquiring minds really want to know is if A-Rod invoked his no-trade clause. Rumor has it he was to be included in the deal and Gordon would've come to the Yanks.

humm suggestin a-rod is a queer? i cant say i disagree, he is gonna veto a trade anywhere, i guess he will have to endure the boos until he cant stand it anymore

hahahha im rollin right now, he is a huge homo, where did you here that he vetoed that trade????? i would have loved to see him go would have been great for the team getting rid of an egotistical maniac like that

LOOK at Big Papi last night! That dude, unlike the choker, is a real MAN! 3 run game winner hr. 3rd one of the season. All I'm asking for Arod is a sac fly instead of his tradional k or dp ball to drive in a run with runners on 3rd and 1 out. That's Ortiz third walkoff hr of the year and like his 8th game ending winning hit.

and a-rod leaves his purple lipstick mark all over matsui's shit, and lascivious is exactly right we dont even want a home run from a-rod a fucking sack fly would do the job, has he even hit a sac fly in the clutch all season no he fucking k's swinging at the pitch that is outside or hits a dribler up the middle for the dp, it would be very wise of Cashman to seriously look into moving this chump in the offseason, and if the players in the locker room actually made the guy feel unwelcome he would prob waive his notrade clause, he is such a fucking homo

He's not all bad...

From A-Rod's blog:

Many of you have asked about the white shoes I wore during the All-Star Game. When I was a kid, I used to watch the All-Star Game on TV. I grew up a big Mets fan, as many of you know, and I always noticed saw that the Mets All-Stars wore white spikes for the game. For the past few years, NIKE has designed white shoes and wristbands for me to wear as a tribute to my childhood heroes. Since I can't wear apparel like that during the season, it's the one day where I can be creative.

http://arod.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/players/rodriguez_alex/journal.jsp

Last edited:
he is still a fucking homo, i would rather have him play for the mets then play for the Yankees, maybe they can work something out because im sure omay minaya would love to have him

Mets couldnt afford him. If they can get Arod and put him on short and move Reyes to 2nd and you still got Wright on 3rd. All I gotta say is WOW!

Why the need to take a thread that made some sense, into something that is so wild, and untrue that most folks will soon ignore it? I realize that some folks are only "funnin", however, it gets a bit out of hand at times.

Bottom lines here:
-A Rod is not going anywhere. The Yanks never intended nor gave much thought to trading him.
-The Mets are in first in a very weak division. Actually, the Yanks have a slightly better record, and in a stronger division. 3 good teams in the American East.
-A Rod will be under less pressure now since the Abreu Trade. More of the pressure to achieve in the Bronx will go to Bobby A. The New Kid on the Block always feels the pressure in the Bronx.
-By the end of the year, I believe that A Rod will be hitting between .295 and .305. He will have probably 115 to 125 RBI's, and most like 40 to 50 Home Runs. The Yanks will win the east, as Boston slowly slumps. The question now is, can the Red Sox beat out the Chi Sox for the Wild Car? So what else is new?
-Big Papi is a very good ballplayer. Does a great job in the clutch for the Sox. He does not play in the field, and brings nothing to a Sox Team that cannot stop runs from being scored. Actually, at the moment the Sox have far worse pitching than the Yanks.
-Lidle will win at least 6 to 8 games between now and the end of the season. The Yank Run Production will take care of that. If he allows 4 runs a game in the Bronx most times he will win, that was not the case with his past 3 teams.
-The Yankee Starting Pitching is still better than most.

RoosterC74 said:
The question now is, can the Red Sox beat out the Chi Sox for the Wild Car? So what else is new?
I agree with most of what you said except that the Twins will win the Wild Card. They have the best 1-2 punch in baseball with Santana and Liriano. Which puts the Yanks and Boston fighting for the top of the AL East to get into the playoffs.

come on now, everyone should know by now that the runner up in the AL east will prob take the wild card, we have seen it for how many years, the only reason Bosox would not snag it is if the injury to varitek keeps him out for the remainder of the season he is their leader and captain and as much as i dont like to see players injured if anyone on boston should be held out besides ortiz i feel varitek is the best player to have injured, but if boston keeps plucking along like they have the wild card will once again come out of the AL east, twins do have good pitching but for the most part their offense is a little sluggish and once chicago starts pitching well again the white sox have the advantage and could possibly challenge detroit