A-Rods game winning home run

i believe he might have, i really cant stand the guy himself but he can hit baseballs, hopefully the fans wont be as vicous towards him because that has to screw with his head he is putting up much better numbers on the road this year

A-Rod has come through before. It just went unnoticed. He has had the "go ahead" RBI Many times throughout this year but they have not held the lead, so he can not be blamed for that. I will say that he is "Not Great" in the clutch, buthe is "not bad" either. So all you Yankers need to lighten up on him.

well it is not like i am gonna cheer for him tomorrow nite but i am not gonna boo him either, but the next time he grounds into a double play to kill a rally he is gonna hear it, that is just how yankee fans are

Last edited:
First let me say I have been a YANKEE fan for 51 years have always been an A Rod fan, and have never seen anything like this. It reminds me of the Philly fans (they boo parades and throw snowballs at Santa).
I don't think some fans will let up until he comes through in the clutch in the playoffs.
Will be there this weekend and hopefully watch them pound the shit out of the muts.
Enjoy the game.

A-Rod is a joke. He hits with more protection around him than any other player in the history of baseball and yet he fails when the game is on the line. Who would not hit .350 when pitchers can't pitch around him because of all the other hitters in the line-up. PLEASE....... if Manny Ramirez was in A-Rod's position in that order he'd be hitting .400 with 70 home runs. A-Rod is a cry baby and should stop talking and start producing like a Manny Ramirez.

Arod has to do it in the postseason. He has to do it when it counts in the later innings. Until this happens, his reputation as a choker in the clutch remains. I think right now, everybody would take Ortiz and Manny over Arod and Giambi and Giambi's having a great year.

i would not get rid of the gambino, he trys hard has good work ethic and is having an amazing year, true i would trade giambi for ortiz bc ortiz is an absolute slugger esp when it counts, but as far as manny i would rather have giambi manny is dirty he just looks like a mess and he is manny, as far as arod goes boy can he hit, but he does not deliver when it is necessary, he does have protection all around him, we will see what happens in the second half but i would rather see cashman trade him for a pitcher and some prospects

Let me get this straight. 2 all-star 3rd basemen in NY. 1 is among the highest paid players (if not the highest, the other is just about making the minimum.

Last Sunday, both of them came to bat with 2 runners on, 1 out and their team down by a run. One came up in the 8th inning of his game & hit a 3-run homer. The other came up in the 7th inning and struck out.

Do I have to spell out which one was which?

bomber6989 said:
Let me get this straight. 2 all-star 3rd basemen in NY. 1 is among the highest paid players (if not the highest, the other is just about making the minimum.

Last Sunday, both of them came to bat with 2 runners on, 1 out and their team down by a run. One came up in the 8th inning of his game & hit a 3-run homer. The other came up in the 7th inning and struck out.

Do I have to spell out which one was which?
Relax, dude. One was the AL MVP last year and has been putting up big numbers for over a decade.

The Mets 3rd Baseman is going to have to do it for many more years to even be considered in the Same League as A-Rod. One year, does not make an MVP or Great-One.

Interesting that the Yanks Fans have booed A-Rod quite often. Sort of reminds me of Mantle in the late 50's. Then came Maris, and the boo birds changed to him. Mantle quite suddenly became their fair haired boy. I wonder if this could happen with A-Rod?

Last edited:
wright is a just a kid he can be considered for NL MVP this year but come on he has to do it consistently to even be on the same level as A-Rod, i cant stand a-rod and boo him every time i am at the stadium but he is one hell of a baseball player and prob will eventually be the all time home run leader, so please dont put some rookie on the same level as him

Why not... I recall back in '80 the Mets fans were calling Lee Mazzilli the next Willie Mays. He turned out just as they thought.... didn't he?

note for the interested..... It was Lee Mazzilli and the Mets fans guaranteeing he'd be a hall of famer that drove me even further from the Mets and made me hate them and their utterly stupid fans.

Ozzy said:
Why not... I recall back in '80 the Mets fans were calling Lee Mazzilli the next Willie Mays. He turned out just as they thought.... didn't he?

note for the interested..... It was Lee Mazzilli and the Mets fans guaranteeing he'd be a hall of famer that drove me even further from the Mets and made me hate them and their utterly stupid fans.
Met fans aslo crowned Mike Vail.

Last edited:
I forgot all about him and his 22 game hitting streak.

And lets not forget the staff of Pulsipher, Isringhausen and Wilson.... weren't they supposed to be the second coming of Seaver, Koosman and Ryan..... actualy they were supposed to be much much better.

Last edited:
and mets fans say we are arrogant, there team puts together one good half a season and they forget about all the misery, i wanted to see the mets play well this season i feel they have a good team but then i have to hear shit from mets fans every day and i thought to myself fucken arrogant pricks so i hope the mets choke and shit the bed the 2nd half, i want them miss the post season all together that would be a lovely thing

Ozzy said:

LOL. I remember all that crap about Lee Mazzilli...
Anyways, I think Wright is a good player and having a hell of 1st half of the season. I dont care what anyone says about A-Rod. He is still one of the best players in baseball. Sure he makes too much money, but we can blame Texas for that. There is no way you guys can compare Wright to A-Rod. A-Rod has put up these type of numbers for over a decade. Won the AL MVP on more than 1 occasion and will probably break most of the all time hitting records before he retires. Dont get me wrong, I think Wright has the potential, but afterall, he's still a kid. When Wright puts up 1/2 the amount of A-rods carrer numbers, then we can start comparing. Other than that, its like comparing apples and oranges.