A-Rods game winning home run

Oh baby. Look at the game last night. Arod popping out in the infield with a man on third with one out. Arod thanking god profusely with a walk in the eighth instead of driving in the game tying or go ahead runs. Jeter comes up with 2 outs in the ninth, after Papelbon blew away Bernie and Damon, delivers once again in the clutch. Jeter two outs down by two comes through with a bases loaded 3 run double. This series has been great for the two main MVP candidates. Papi with two hrs in the series and would have been the man last night with the taking of second off Bernie's peashooter of an arm if MO didn't deliver last night. Today...they finish off the MASSACRE!

I am not sure if this thread drifted or stayed on track..but I have to say as much as I love the Yankees and will defend all the players to my death...A Rod is making me cringe. At the plate and on the field! Maybe he quit therapy? A Rod! WTF UP!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE

Speaking of BIg Papi.......am I a major cynic to be thinking his "irregular heartbeat condition" could be due to performance enhancing drugs......just throwing it out there. Hey, I'm happy Arod is striking out instead of hitting into his patented 6-4-3 double play.

Quoted today on AOL Sports:

- A-Rod hasn't asked for a trade nor has he even mentioned it to anyone in his inner circle. Who knows how much more negativity he can stand? One thing is certain, if Rodriguez is so damaged in New York that he needs a change of scenery then shame on Yankees fans. A-Rod is the best player of his generation, a guy who was willing to take a paycut and switch positions just to play for a contender, and people don't like him why? Because he's not Derek Jeter. He's better than Derek Jeter. New York doesn't deserve Alex Rodriguez.

Look, Arod long term is probably the best all round player in the game which makes him the best player in the game. Arod, the Franchise player who signed for franchise money, instead of staying and wanting to turn around the Ranger franchise bailed and wanted out of the twice cellar dwelling Rangers. Isn't it ironic that Seattle and Texas both did better the following year after his departure. Arod the best shortstop in the game changed position to defer to Derek Jeter so he can come to the Yankees and be part of his team. If I'm a competitior, I say I'm way better than that Jeter and I'll go elsewhere instead of switching positions. Concidence, that the curse of the Babe was broken in Arod's first year in Pinstripes...perhaps broken by the girly slap he gave to Bronson Arroyo. NOw, he can't even make contact with the baseball. People are pitching around Melky Cabrera to pitch to him. If Arod is the competitor that he say is, then suck it up, stop crying, and prove to everybody you're the best player in the game! As for Jeter, almost everytime in big moments(with two times against the Redsox in the 5 game massacre.) he comes through in the clutch. Remember, Yankee fans killed Arod for that 5-4-3 dp killer inthe ninth against the Angels last year, but it was Jeter who singled earlier who was dped at second. Another clutch single when we needed it. Too bad Arod couldn't have started his strikeout problem a little earlier.

first off he took no paycut, and he is not better than jeter a-rod is a fucking scrub, the people in ny dont want him here anymore we are just trying to get our point across so the scrub may think about it in the offseason, unless he hits a game winner in the post-season he is a nothing to yankee fans, that is just how it will always be, he is second best to jeter there is nothing he can do about it so he should stop whining and shut the fuck up already

SlickWilly said:
Quoted today on AOL Sports:

- A-Rod hasn't asked for a trade nor has he even mentioned it to anyone in his inner circle. Who knows how much more negativity he can stand? One thing is certain, if Rodriguez is so damaged in New York that he needs a change of scenery then shame on Yankees fans. A-Rod is the best player of his generation, a guy who was willing to take a paycut and switch positions just to play for a contender, and people don't like him why? Because he's not Derek Jeter. He's better than Derek Jeter. New York doesn't deserve Alex Rodriguez.

Is this some stupid fan or an experience sports commentator?

A-Rod had to switch positions cause Jeter fields circles around him. A-Rod is not the best "player" in the game, not even close... he only has the best stats. There's a big difference between the two.... just ask Barry Bonds.

Daddycool said:
Just look at Big Papi, does he look like he is on roids? He has the irregular heart beat because he is over weight.

I think that team falling apart around hime may have caused a lot of anxiety. That big adorable fuck carried that team for 3 years, maybe that's enough. They should learn to pitch so they don't always have to wait for the 9th inning for an Ortiz game winning hit.