A change of pace and a new outlook (was: Being a single guy with a child...)

You really dont have any flaws though, one day when "alyssa" AKA "your baggage" is gone you will be pretty close to flawless. I told you, I had one of the best dates and was just speechless when I left.. you couldnt be a warmer, nicer, sweeter caring person or maybe its just that we have such similiar personalities. I dont know but dont be saying you have many flaws.. and your shyness and panicking are cute. In real life, this is a shy girl guys...
Thank you...xox

billyS

Reign of Terror
Well, I just checked her "MYSPACE" page and her mood is listed as "disappointed".
:confused:
That doesn't necessarily have to be about your date last night. Maybe her goldfish died. Could be anything. Again, over thinking.

gavy, even if this one doesn't work out, At least you got your foot back in the game. Don't let Eddy scare you off of professional white woman.

If you are looking for something long term you are better off looking to someone wose culture matches your more and you have more in common to build on. If you want to fuck a hot young chick bare back in your car at 4:00am then by all means hit the ficha scene to take the (sexual) edge off. But long term you don't want to marry Pat Benatar.

Gavy,
Check this out... it either happens or it dosent. You, like Eddy, are putting way to much energy into this. I go on a date, I always let the girl make the first move.. or mutual move, I never approach. If I really like the girl, I will send a text on my way home, thanks for the nice date, I gauge there reaction, you know when a girl is into it. I will 99% of the time go about the day normal and let them call or text later if they want and they almost always do. Just put it out of your mind. You mentioned you were to nervous to let the date "flow", ok so maybe that is true and maybe like interviews you have to get into the swing of things. When me and the girl ended last winter that you read about I was like duh, she was super model gorgeous, her family became like mine, mine became like hers, it was hot and heavy and a good part of me really thought this was the girl I was going to marry so I was left dumfounded. Confidence was shot. You may of laughed but so I went on the speed dating thing to get into the swing of things again.. it helped loosen one back into the dating scene a bit and when I got 7 out of 12 or something like that saying they wanted to go out with me it was an ego booster, my confidence was restored. By April I was back in the dating scene, first date the girl was all over my shit, "aka shorty girl". Maybe you should try the speed dating thing just to get into the flow of meeting although maybe not all the most attractive people there were some decent ones, working professionals who could carry an intelligent conversation.

And maybe your just looking for clues a bit to hard. Do your Christmas shopping and forget about it. Maybe last nights date did or didnt happen, maybe it will happen over time, but the more you look for clues and psych yourself out, the more nervous you will be if a second date does happen. Chill, relax.. let happen what will happen. Really though, might not be a bad idea to hit a speed date thing as funny as it sounds, and you dont have to tell us if you do or not, but might not be a bad idea to get into the flow of meeting people.. the one i went to in Bayside had for the most part some decent looking professional people.. it's just practice buddy, no need to go actually expecting a date. Heck, I ended up pretty much blowing off the people I had met there.. it's just practice, if anything comes of it, great..

Last edited:

billyS

Reign of Terror
gavy, when I was in my early twenties I dated a lot of 'nice' Italian girls whose fathers would kill me or worse force me to marry them if I knocked them up. This one girl from Ozone Park had a kitchen in her basement and I knew if I messed that is where we'd be living.
So what I'd do so I wouldn't be tempted was either take out one of the sluttier girls behind her back and get laid by them or visit my favorite brothel on Queens Blvd above the Great Bear. Sexual Tension gone, I'd enjoy the date and be okay when we only went as far as making out and fingering.

Well, I just checked her "MYSPACE" page and her mood is listed as "disappointed". Now that just sucks. It's almost debilitating to go out and finish my Christmas shopping. Not good...

Whateva...

Fuck.

Gavy we've really had no contact until recently but I really identify.

Maybe disappointed is as simple as she is disappointed she is sick?

Try and not read into things! I just said try I didn't say don't!.

I need to reread this & take my own advice

I over analyze everything. I dissect if from every angle and have to remind myself or have someone else remind me to focus on the positive. She texted you first. she responded to your text! If I am sick I would rather hear a voice then try to get my eyes to focus on a text, or I might not want to talk at all.

Also take a whole bunch of Vitamin C & lot of fluids. You will be seeing your daughter later in the week and don't want to be sick!

Just something that helps me when I can remember

"Keep it in the moment!"

Magic

Last edited:
for me my baggage is "alyssa" and I stress over that the same way Gavy did over this...we all have flaws, i have many just ask FAH.....i guess if I thought outside of the specific questions posed by gavy I would have to say I agree with a lot of what you have said on the subject and cant argue with you as there is much truth to it..
There is no need to stress, and it is different for a women. Guys 30 and above for the most part will except a women with a kid. Most single women have one, or two, three...

For you maybe no stress and for me as well but for Gavy stress was deff involved. I agree in some sense but since we are both in similar shoes, our kids live with us, dont you find it hard to carry on lengthy conversation without mentioning your kids...we have the every day responsibilities of them so at least 25% (usually more) of our day to day activities involves doing something with them or for them in some way or another. I dont think its necc to get into the dirty details of being a fulltime parent but it would be hard to relax and let convo flow, for me anyway, if i was constantly editing out the "my kids.." factor...this is a big prob for me with my prov status, i find I shy away from convo with friends because im afraid ill slip and give my secret life away.

There is stress involved, but I do not stress about it. I will not tell a knew women about my kids, and never that they live me, and I am a single dad. Also, Moms and Dads and much different. You carried your child in your belly for nine months!

gavy, even if this one doesn't work out, At least you got your foot back in the game. Don't let Eddy scare you off of professional white woman.

If you are looking for something long term you are better off looking to someone wose culture matches your more and you have more in common to build on. If you want to fuck a hot young chick bare back in your car at 4:00am then by all means hit the ficha scene to take the (sexual) edge off. But long term you don't want to marry Pat Benatar.
I am not trying to scare him, only giving him an opportunity to benefit from my experience. What's wrong with Pat Benatar!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

billyS

Reign of Terror
Eddy, from what I understand Pat Benatar is one of the fiche girls that runs games on guys.
Not someone you'd want to hook up with long time.

BTW, do your daughters live with you? That would make a difference in if a woman wanted to hook up with you

I can see why a professional woman with no kids wouldn't want a guy with daughters.
1) Taking away attention from daddy. They don't want to compete.
2) Some 40 yo's who are trying to catch a guy don't want teenagers around reminding her how old she is and how she is no longer the hottest thing around.

One more thing to just throw out there.. a date is like a friend, or that is how you want it to be right? You want a good time, to enjoy each other. If it was Bunyon you went out with last night, would you be checking his myspace page today, would you be obsessing why he hasnt texted you back instantly, if you didnt hear from Bunyon you would just let him text you when he gets a chance or throw another text out there later, like the mall sucks, its packed here (dont text her about all the hot babes at the mall like you would bunyon sfsfs) .. if you didnt hear back from bunyon after the second text, chances are you wouldnt text him a third time right? Treat her the same way..

Just dont confuse the two if you end up hooking up with her, I dont think Bunyon would want you trying to stick that thing up his ass. sfsfsfs

Eddy, from what I understand Pat Benatar is one of the fiche girls that runs games on guys.
Not someone you'd want to hook up with long time.

BTW, do your daughters live with you? That would make a difference in if a woman wanted to hook up with you

I can see why a professional woman with no kids wouldn't want a guy with daughters.
1) Taking away attention from daddy. They don't want to compete.
2) Some 40 yo's who are trying to catch a guy don't want teenagers around reminding her how old she is and how she is no longer the hottest thing around.
Hey Billy - Your right about Pat Benatar, I was being funny for gavy

Yes, my kids live me, and 1 and 2 are correct, except I would never hook up with a 40 year old Ugggg

Well, I just checked her "MYSPACE" page and her mood is listed as "disappointed". Now that just sucks. It's almost debilitating to go out and finish my Christmas shopping. Not good...

Whateva...

Fuck.

Based on this and another post in this thread, I think she might be disappointed because she thinks she fucked the date up. I don't know anything about this chick except what you've written about her online, but I can almost guarantee that's what happened.

Try not to be your own worst enemy and read into things too much. Realize that she might be as nervous and insecure as you are at times. This advice might be useless at this point because she answered your texts this morning, but if you're anything like me you'll find another opportunity to over analyze shit and get depressed for no good reason.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Try not to be your own worst enemy and read into things too much. Realize that she might be as nervous and insecure as you are at times. This advice might be useless at this point because she answered your texts this morning, but if you're anything like me you'll find another opportunity to over analyze shit and get depressed for no good reason.
Give that man a cigar.

Dave, you know me all too well...

Gavy

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Positive news?

Well, we txt on and off today. I finally called her around 9 PM. She is really sick. So, during the conversation, she asks:

Why did you look so disappointed and annoyed at the end of our date?

I can't believe I gave off that impression. My response was something like this:

I wasn't disappointed in you, I just wasn't on my "game". blah, blah, blah...

And she went on saying she wouldn't have txt me all day if she wasn't interested, she was really sick, the only reason she was on the phone was to talk to me...so these things look positive. She joked around about tickets to a hockey game that we have together next week.

I don't think anyone came in here today and said that I screwed this thing up. You guys knew all along. How? How did you pick up on this and you aren't even in it? Amazing.

We'll see. I'm not like Eddy and planning a marriage, but the thoughts of something happening is exciting. It's been too long and I have been too single. Please tell me that something has got to give.

Gavy

Dont forget to rub up against her or leave a shirt behind with your cologne on it next time... she will smell you and just want you that much more. Just a little trick :)

Stop putting so much effort into this.. you were probably scared shitless when you dropped her off, thus the dissapointed and annoyed (scared) look... lol

Dont forget to rub up against her or leave a shirt behind with your cologne on it next time... she will smell you and just want you that much more. Just a little trick :)
is that why you did that...the scent has worn off, you night want to leave a new one for me;)

Can I tell you that everything you have told gavy is what atrracted me to you in the first place...you didnt try, you were just you, the same you on the phone and in emails...no false shows of coolness and perfection...oh and the fact that you put me over your knee 15 mins after getting here and spanked me was kind of cute too (note to gavy: dont do that, not all women are as twisted as I am)

Well, we txt on and off today. I finally called her around 9 PM. She is really sick. So, during the conversation, she asks:

Why did you look so disappointed and annoyed at the end of our date?

I can't believe I gave off that impression. My response was something like this:

I wasn't disappointed in you, I just wasn't on my "game". blah, blah, blah...

And she went on saying she wouldn't have txt me all day if she wasn't interested, she was really sick, the only reason she was on the phone was to talk to me...so these things look positive. She joked around about tickets to a hockey game that we have together next week.

I don't think anyone came in here today and said that I screwed this thing up. You guys knew all along. How? How did you pick up on this and you aren't even in it? Amazing.

We'll see. I'm not like Eddy and planning a marriage, but the thoughts of something happening is exciting. It's been too long and I have been too single. Please tell me that something has got to give.

Gavy

I am so happy after reading this, I think I have been holding my breath all day...score one for the good guys team....she is a smart woman, she saw you for the great guy you are just as all of us do...yay, so making dorky faces as i type this but did i mention im really happy about this....xox

is that why you did that...the scent has worn off, you night want to leave a new one for me;)

Can I tell you that everything you have told gavy is what atrracted me to you in the first place...you didnt try, you were just you, the same you on the phone and in emails...no false shows of coolness and perfection...oh and the fact that you put me over your knee 15 mins after getting here and spanked me was kind of cute too (note to gavy: dont do that, not all women are as twisted as I am)
Ok... and what am I supposed to say to this? I know.. thank you. How am I not supposed to get in the car and come spank you for a good half hour when I get there now? Flattery works like a charm, everytime. See you in a bit...

Coolness and perfection.. never get tired of hearing this. Where is the successful and good looking though?