2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know this won't be a popular post, but its VERY hard to watch this team, last years team, the year before that. Not sure about managing styles but I think Girardi was a little better at keeping the players on their heels. He was a hammer, Boone is feather. The organization is reluctant to rebuild so they keep adding more and more money to payroll with hopes these players all pan out. So far most have not.

Montas deal - Awful
Benintendi deal - Awful
Efross deal - Awful
Gallo deal - Awful
Gray deal - Awful
Donaldson deal - Awful
Stanton deal - Semi awful
Rodon Signing - Terrible - I stated it in other thread, HATED that deal.

I haven't even mentioned the Hicks signing and countless other missteps.

Its a terrible trend that has consumed this franchise since the mid 2000's sans 2009. Who is evaluating the talent they are trading for and signing? Who is looking at medicals of all these players? Montas himself said he was hurt when he got traded.

How many more seasons of Cashman are we going to have to endure. I think they should tear it all down, I mean total TNT blow it up. Trade away anyone they can get some cap relief and prospects for - That includes Cole. He shits the bed more times then not in the BIG MUST need games. I don't think this team will ever win a WS with Cole on the team. If Stanton gets hot and can stay healthy send him to San Diego with a few bucks to rid us of that contract. Release Hicks, Release Donaldson, they are not a part of the future at all. Trade away anyone in the bullpen not named King or Marinaccio. MOVE TORRES ! If you could move DJ, do it. Volpe and Peraza are the future, with Trey Sweeney not far behind them.

This team is so deeply flawed. Can't keep adding free agent band aid types to an already souring and expensive roster.
As fans we have been so spoiled since 1994. But I am willing to sacrifice a few years to get the team back on track and for maybe Judge to sniff a ring by his age 35-36.

What this current management is doing reminds me of the 1980's era of Yankee teams. Couldn't find that ace arm, and added in places that weren't needed. Just kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

TEAR IT DOWN!!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Was flipping back and forth with the Knicks game. Cortes left in the sixth and his velocity was way down that inning. They said that was the second game in a row that happened.

I wonder if he's hurt now?

Btw, first time I've watched them in about a month. Horrible lineup, they belong where they are.

Was flipping back and forth with the Knicks game. Cortes left in the sixth and his velocity was way down that inning. They said that was the second game in a row that happened.

I wonder if he's hurt now?

Btw, first time I've watched them in about a month. Horrible lineup, they belong where they are.
Well he had strep - hopefully that sapped some of his endurance. I think he will be fine. ... hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.