2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
What exactly does opt out mean? He's decided not to return to Yankees ?
His contract has a $16m player option for next year.
He can choose to take the $16m and stay with the Yankees or decline it.

Since there are no other first baseman on the market this year he will probably decline it and try to get the Yankees to give him a longer deal. He has the hammer this year.

And they will extend him if he wants to stay.
Since there are no other first baseman on the market this year he will probably decline it and try to get the Yankees to give him a longer deal. He has the hammer this year.

Hal needs to swing his hammer and 'KO Boone / Cashman. Time to bring Donnie back to the Bronx and give this franchise something they have wanted for a long time. The Return of Donnie Baseball to capture that elusive ring he never got while playing. Could he be any worse then BABOON?

If they were to fire Cashman they would let the new GM pick the manager. I persobnally think it is time for Cashman to go. The heavy reliance on analytics hasn't worked. Analytics have their place but the Yankees aren't using them right.

Stick always made character a big part of team building. You know who I like? - That Kwan guy - the left fielder from Cleveland. See if you can get him.

So if he opts out and shops around but can't find another deal he likes he can go back to the Yankees? And in such a case can the Yankees say we'll take you back but now it's 12mm?

I often don't watch when they are playing teams I hate and I know they have no chance of winning.
Houston is at the top of that list right now.
If you don’t watch it, it really didn’t happen. I don’t miss a Met game, but I was out of the Country when the Mets lost so it just didn’t hurt as much. Hope you felt a little bit the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.