2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaney is awful. I just don't get why he is on this team. He blows but Cashman traded for him and he wants him used so he doesn't look bad. He should be released and Gil should be brought up. That kid Ridings too. Bring him back. This was another awful game. Torres is just not a high IQ player. That lazy fucking play cost us the game. I want to punch him in the face. Yeah - I know he's only 24 but I just don't think it's in his DNA. what a messed up team. You never know who is going to show up. Stanton and Judge 0-9 today.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Heaney is awful. I just don't get why he is on this team. He blows but Cashman traded for him and he wants him used so he doesn't look bad. He should be released and Gil should be brought up. That kid Ridings too. Bring him back. This was another awful game. Torres is just not a high IQ player. That lazy fucking play cost us the game. I want to punch him in the face. Yeah - I know he's only 24 but I just don't think it's in his DNA. what a messed up team. You never know who is going to show up. Stanton and Judge 0-9 today.
I was agreeing with most of what you said but although Stanton and Judge were 0-9 today they've been carrying the team the last week.
And Sanchez picked them up today anyway.
When you score 7 runs against the Orioles you should win.

Jack Curry made a good point, it should have been Greene in the 7th. The Heart of the order and all right handed hitters.

Ridings is on the DL in the minors with a shoulder issue.

Torres should be sat, he wasn't running out balls in the first two games that irritated me a little. He plays with no oomph, unlike Velazquez.

Not sure why Heaney is still on the team, but with 'Lo going down he will probably stay even if they bring Gil up.

Never was a Peralta fan, I think he is starting to turn into a pumpkin.

Seemed like the team plays with more energy when Wade, Velazquez, and Odor are in the lineup.

Kluber telegraphs every one of his pitches, he always gets beat on those sliders left and right of the strike zone. He also nibbles WAY too much.

Its not a great team, nor has it been since 2019. It is what it is for this year. If they get in great, if not oh well.

I expect major changes next year, not only in roster construction but also manager.

Not sure why Heaney is still on the team, but with 'Lo going down he will probably stay even if they bring Gil up.

Kluber telegraphs every one of his pitches, he always gets beat on those sliders left and right of the strike zone. He also nibbles WAY too much.
Those first pitch strikes will also be a target for an aggressive team.

This downfall began when we did not include Gil on the west coast trip. And why wasn't he called up when Loaisiga went on the DL?

I hope we don't see Heaney again. We're suddenly fighting for a wild card berth. The eight game loss advantage has been reduced to four over the past week or so.

Pathetic! I probably shouldn't say this since I am a fan but I am now actually hoping they don't make wild card just to see what or if any changes are made. They don't deserve to play in the post season.

Judge and Stanton both hitless again - I think they are both hitless in the last 3 games. They have both been very good this year - but Christ - you would have liked something out of one of them. Nine Lives made a good point - they play with more balls when Velasquez, Wade and Odor play. I don't have the answers but as a team - there is a lack of intestinal fortitude. This team needs a heart transplant. You know - Adam Warren is down in triple A playing pretty well. He has to be better than Heaney.

Gardner and Velasquez went 4-7 last night - much better than what Gallo and Torres would have provided - yet another loss. Judge hitless and Stanton did have a hit - but that should have been caught. Now Cole has a hamstring problem. great. what's next? Not looking too good.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Michael King pitched well in a rehab outing last night. I thought he was done for the year.
Having him back will help.

To quote John Sterling (and he said this during the 13 game winning streak)
"You're never really as good as you are when you're winning and you're not as bad as you are when you are losing".

Let's hope things even out. I knew there would be a correction after the winning streak but not this bad.

Like the Mets, they are still battling for a Wild Card spot. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.