2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
He would be a strong candidate for MVP except baseball’s poster boy is a cinch.
I was thinking the same thing. Judge could get hot and lead the Yankees to the playoffs, but they'd still give it to Otani even though this team has been out of contention since June.

Same way they cheated Anduja out of the ROY and gave it the Otani

I was thinking the same thing. Judge could get hot and lead the Yankees to the playoffs, but they'd still give it to Otani even though this team has been out of contention since June.

Same way they cheated Anduja out of the ROY and gave it the Otani
Cheated is an understatement ! Car jacked and beat down !!

Three reasons why they don’t deserve to be in the post season.

1 - they are 28-36 in their own division.
2 - their run differential is .02 which is comparable to a team barely above .500 ( total runs differential is approximately 35)
3 - only Judge had a solid season. (Offense only) Most successful teams have 5-6 players.

They are now chasing Boston and Toronto for a wild card seed.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Three reasons why they don’t deserve to be in the post season.

1 - they are 28-36 in their own division.
2 - their run differential is .02 which is comparable to a team barely above .500 ( total runs differential is approximately 35)
3 - only Judge had a solid season. (Offense only) Most successful teams have 5-6 players.

They are now chasing Boston and Toronto for a wild card seed.
Another thing I don't like about this current bunch is they always let their rivals get the last laugh.
Last year Chapman throws at Mike Brossesu's head and starts a brawl but then
Brossaeu hits the homer off Chapman that knocks the Yankees out of the playoffs.

They mock Altuve in Houston and then he hits a walk-off to cap a big ninth inning rally.

And then last night Green, who always seems to give up a home run in a big spot serves one up to Lindor.

Very frustrating to be a fan of this team.

As far as not deserving to make the playoffs, don't forget they were swept by Detroit earlier this year.

This group is a nitemare. It's time for a change in manager and GM. New visions, new approach, because this brand has not gotten it done since Girardi almost did in 2017. Thats 4 years ago. Cashman may have been the GM of the teams that won in 1998-2000, but he wasn't the architect of that core. Stick, along with Torre put those teams together.

In 2009 it was reported that the BOSS directed Cashman to sign CC, Burnett, and Tex. This guy gets a HUGE budget to play with and has consistently come up the loser. While teams with significantly less money, (Royals 2 WS appearance, 1 title, The Rays, and the Giants) have flourished. Cashman is not a good talent evaluator. We all know of his free agent misses, no need to list them, but when you look at them its pretty bad.

Boone is too easy on these players. His leadership skills are weak. How he couldn't have this team ready to play the Orioles was a joke. After that Friday night win I would have had my foot in their asses because they played like shit and were lucky to get the win. Then you get swept at home by the Blue Jays. The team looked lifeless, that is a managers job. To motivate, to get them ready, to remind them who they are. I also don't think he has a feel for the game, especially with some of his bullpen decisions, that comes from not having any experience prior in regards to coaching. The constant fielding and running mistakes should have been dealt with in April, yet here we are in September and its still a huge factor. He is too accommodating and not tough enough on the players.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This group is a nitemare. It's time for a change in manager and GM. New visions, new approach, because this brand has not gotten it done since Girardi almost did in 2017. Thats 4 years ago. Cashman may have been the GM of the teams that won in 1998-2000, but he wasn't the architect of that core. Stick, along with Torre put those teams together.

In 2009 it was reported that the BOSS directed Cashman to sign CC, Burnett, and Tex. This guy gets a HUGE budget to play with and has consistently come up the loser. While teams with significantly less money, (Royals 2 WS appearance, 1 title, The Rays, and the Giants) have flourished. Cashman is not a good talent evaluator. We all know of his free agent misses, no need to list them, but when you look at them its pretty bad.

Boone is too easy on these players. His leadership skills are weak. How he couldn't have this team ready to play the Orioles was a joke. After that Friday night win I would have had my foot in their asses because they played like shit and were lucky to get the win. Then you get swept at home by the Blue Jays. The team looked lifeless, that is a managers job. To motivate, to get them ready, to remind them who they are. I also don't think he has a feel for the game, especially with some of his bullpen decisions, that comes from not having any experience prior in regards to coaching. The constant fielding and running mistakes should have been dealt with in April, yet here we are in September and its still a huge factor. He is too accommodating and not tough enough on the players.
Agreed. They need someone who is in charge and holds them accountable not their buddy.

With the limited bench of three or four players it's not hard to figure out what moves to make because only a few are available. So those seem easy choices, but his bullpen management is horrible.
This stupid rule about not using anyone three days in a row has to go. I'm not saying burn guys out but sometimes you have to go with the hot hand.
Girardi was great with the bullpen.

But then again, who are going to bring in?
Everyone is either hurt or ineffective.

Boone MUST go ... and I would not mind seeing a new GM. I don't think you will get a different manager if Cashman stays. I think Cashman forces Boone's hand with rules on who to play. lineup and pitching changes. So whoever they replace Boone with - you will probably see the same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.