2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets are done in my opinion. Starting pitching has been terrible lately, and bullpen was always a mess. The Baez band-Aid won't help.
Phillies and Braves both made better upgrades to strengthen their teams. Can't see current Mets squad holding either of them off.

Hope I am wrong, as I like rooting for both NY teams to make the playoffs. Electrifies the city more when they both are in it.

Mets are done in my opinion. Starting pitching has been terrible lately, and bullpen was always a mess. The Baez band-Aid won't help.
Phillies and Braves both made better upgrades to strengthen their teams. Can't see current Mets squad holding either of them off.

Hope I am wrong, as I like rooting for both NY teams to make the playoffs. Electrifies the city more when they both are in it.
Hope you are wrong, but they are not a really good team. But if all their pitching can get healthy, its a different team. When Conforto cant hit 200, you are in trouble. Our bench is better than our starters.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Padres are falling back to the pack.
Mets only 6 out so they have a shot if they get hot.
Dream tandem of Lindor/Baez by Sunday!
Reports are the were dazzling at practice.

Padres are falling back to the pack.
Mets only 6 out so they have a shot if they get hot.
Dream tandem of Lindor/Baez by Sunday!
Reports are the were dazzling at practice.
Degrom getting shut down though. We could still make playoffs but cant make real noise without the best pitcher in baseball Degrom.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Degrom getting shut down though. We could still make playoffs but cant make real noise without the best pitcher in baseball Degrom.
I predicted before the season (see the first post in this thread) the Mets would battle for the second Wild Card.
As of right now that's what happening.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets have a chance to make up some ground this week with the Braves and Phillies playing the Yankees and Rays respectively.

All they need to do is beat the best team in Baseball this year; the surprising SF Giants.

That said the Padres continue to slump making that second Wild Card a reality.

Mets are done! They have zero pizazz, no oomph at all. I'm not saying that to be a hater, but the construction of the team to me is kind of lifeless. Yeah, Lindor has his rainbow colored hair, and Nimmo sprints too first base, but something missing in general.

Had DeGrom been there all year, different story. But even when he pitched they struggled. Bullpen needs to be completely overhauled. Conforto disappeared. McNeil not living up to the hype. McCann is a very mediocre catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.