2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Atlanta is gonna be a tough team for the Mets to fend off.Yes, IF Carrasco, and Syndergaard are good to go they should be ok starter wise. But who knows how they will be. Walker has to be better too.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling deGrom is done for the season. They are saying September but it doesn't sound good.
That division is so weak it doesn't matter. They will win the division.
Then in the playoffs they will meet Milwaukee or Cincinnati, whoever wins the Central.

The three strongest teams are in the West.
So think about it. One will get knocked off in the Wild Card game, the other will play the winner of the West. So now another team from the West will get knocked off

So it's conceivable the Mets could make it to the LCS without deGrom.

That division is so weak it doesn't matter. They will win the division.
Then in the playoffs they will meet Milwaukee or Cincinnati, whoever wins the Central.

The three strongest teams are in the West.
So think about it. One will get knocked off in the Wild Card game, the other will play the winner of the West. So now another team from the West will get knocked off

So it's conceivable the Mets could make it to the LCS without deGrom.
If the Reds win the Central, the Brewers have a big chance for the second wild card. I‘m not disputing that the best 3 teams in the NL are in the West. But if they split their games against each other the Reds who are 3 out in the loss column could be the West’s third place team for the final wild card seed.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets do have a tough schedule coming up. Many injured players. Not enough pitching, hitters aren't hitting. If things don't change, they will not win their division.
If they don't win the division they won't have a shot at the Wild Card unless one of the teams in the West really tanks.

I can't believe they lost 3 of 4 to the Marlins. They looked like a Little League team against the Yankees last weekend.

But maybe they play up to the Phillies competition this weekend.
Braves are playing better now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.