2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I predict 85-77, in contention for the second wild card right up to the end.

The line up is solid.
Lindor will shine on both sides of the ball and New York will embrace him.

Alonzo will recover from the sophomore jinx and hit at least 40 homers and drive in over 100 runs
Mcneil and Conforto will perform at All Star levels, I think Conforto will really establish himself this year as a star.
Nimo and Davis will be solid.
McCann will disappoint.
The bench looks really good, they did a great job adding guys like Villar and Pillar

Ah but the pitching.
deGrom will continue to be the best pitcher in baseball.
Stromam is a selfish little bitch who will wilt in a big spot.
Synagard will be wild and ineffective when he comes back.
Carraso will be solid if healthy.

The bullpen sucks.
Diaz was a flash in the pan that one year in Seattle and the Mariners sold high on him. His only shot is if he gets off to a fast start and gets the fans and media off his back.
Bettances and Familia are done. Not sure what the new guy from the Twins will bring.

The wild card here is the trading deadline.
I see them hovering around contention at the deadline so we could see Cohen making a huge deal that could push them over the top.

I predict 85-77, in contention for the second wild card right up to the end.

The line up is solid.
Lindor will shine on both sides of the ball and New York will embrace him.

Alonzo will recover from the sophomore jinx and hit at least 40 homers and drive in over 100 runs
Mcneil and Conforto will perform at All Star levels, I think Conforto will really establish himself this year as a star.
Nimo and Davis will be solid.
McCann will disappoint.
The bench looks really good, they did a great job adding guys like Villar and Pillar

Ah but the pitching.
deGrom will continue to be the best pitcher in baseball.
Stromam is a selfish little bitch who will wilt in a big spot.
Synagard will be wild and ineffective when he comes back.
Carraso will be solid if healthy.

The bullpen sucks.
Diaz was a flash in the pan that one year in Seattle and the Mariners sold high on him. His only shot is if he gets off to a fast start and gets the fans and media off his back.
Bettances and Familia are done. Not sure what the new guy from the Twins will bring.

The wild card here is the trading deadline.
I see them hovering around contention at the deadline so we could see Cohen making a huge deal that could push them over the top.
I basically agree with everything, except Mcann will probably be a little better than you think. I think Syndagard will be big. Stroman is a nice pitcher but very over rated on with he thinks he is. If Stroman is a 3 or 4, thats really good. If he is your 2, its not good. But he is in a contract yr. Diaz? Who knows. he was good last year. Great stuff, dont trust him at all. He is a wild card. I dont care if he win the Cy Young this year, I will not take back that I despised the trade from day 1. Can he pitch in NY? Nobody knows. I hope you are wrong about Bettances and or Familia. I hope only one is done and one bounces back. You may be right though.

Stuck elbow out to get HBP. with bases loaded in bottom of 9th. The play was not reviewable they say. Why bother having replay ? Lol Guys on SNY were killing the play. No way a game should end like that

billyS

Reign of Terror
Stuck elbow out to get HBP. with bases loaded in bottom of 9th. The play was not reviewable they say. Why bother having replay ? Lol Guys on SNY were killing the play. No way a game should end like that
In the old days scrappy players like Ron Hunt would do that all the time.
But then they didn't wear elbow pads.
I wouldn't expect that from a player of Conforto's caliber though. I would think he has enough confidence in his ability to get a hit in that situation.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Check out the replay. Not just saying that cause I am a Yankee fan. Game can't end like that lol.
Ok, I just checked it out on YouTube, slow motion, three different angles.

Definitely bush league. Especially from a player who is supposed to be as good as Conforto.

Status
Not open for further replies.