2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped watching the Mets during the last roadtrip. This year's collapse is epically metsy. The players don't seem especially bothered by it. Otherwise they'd play better.

The problem with the Mets is that this new owner made a HORRENDOUS choice in picking Sandy Alderson to run his franchise. Sandy has made really bad moves. This team is now just as close to last place as they are to first place. They overspent on the players they have. Once Cano's suspension is up his salary goes back on payroll and the Mets are actually over the luxury tax threshold. They are a 90 loss team with a 230 mill luxury tax payroll number. Cohen is going to have to blow through that number just to get to 500. Time to fire Alderson and get a real baseball man in there. Just my two cents.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The problem with the Mets is that this new owner made a HORRENDOUS choice in picking Sandy Alderson to run his franchise. Sandy has made really bad moves. This team is now just as close to last place as they are to first place. They overspent on the players they have. Once Cano's suspension is up his salary goes back on payroll and the Mets are actually over the luxury tax threshold. They are a 90 loss team with a 230 mill luxury tax payroll number. Cohen is going to have to blow through that number just to get to 500. Time to fire Alderson and get a real baseball man in there. Just my two cents.
They should have grabbed that guy from Tampa when they hired Body.

That said I would try to raid Tampa's front office by offering them a higher title and of course more money.

And for goodness sakes do a background check on anyone you are considering to hire and make sure they are not a woman abuser.

You nailed it Steve! he takes a very frugal approach to free agent signings, always has. Whether that was a Wilpon mandate or not. He should have had free reign this past off season with Cohen as Owner.

His free agent signings have been spotty at best. He can't be blamed for Cano and he will have to deal with that. Brody left the minor league prospects in tatters and really handcuffed this organization for the next few years. Still NO excuse, Sandy needs to feel some heat, just like Cashman was earlier.

Its like this organization never seems to go for the jugular. It's always the lesser free agents, or the wrong players they trade for. They will probably resign Baez, because he is Lindor's BFF, and that is a BAD move. Way too many holes to fill with this current roster to give it all to one player. Lindor needs to start leading better and producing more. Baez won't be a difference maker for the team in 2022. He's a nice piece, but they need many pieces to compete.

You 2 cents dont matter here

billyS

Reign of Terror
Biaz calling out the fans for booing.
I guess it's one way for them to make the back page of the post
Okay I saw that in the paper this morning.

Unbelievable. My opinion on Baez has just changed completely. Not a good fit for New York.

Can you imagine if he goes into a slump with a big contract?

I'd expect better from Lindor, but I guess playing in Cleveland didn't prepare him for New York.

Maybe he should have waited to sign that contract.

Not a good thing when "the face of the Franchise" is booing the fans.

Okay I saw that in the paper this morning.

Unbelievable. My opinion on Baez has just changed completely. Not a good fit for New York.

Can you imagine if he goes into a slump with a big contract?

I'd expect better from Lindor, but I guess playing in Cleveland didn't prepare him for New York.

Maybe he should have waited to sign that contract.

Not a good thing when "the face of the Franchise" is booing the fans.
Baez and Lindor both have been here 5 minutes lol , I think both are bad fits.

Stroman didn't engage with the hand gesture but he was chirping on Twitter about the media are just digging for stuff... Baez is the one who voluntarily opened his mouth to say what the gesture meant! And then Stroman goes ahead and liked some Tweets disparaging Mets fans....

I'm sure it's not great to get bood by your home fans, but that comes with the territory in professional sports, especially in NY. What a shitshow this is going to be for the entire team now going forward.

What a bunch of cry babies! This roster is chock full of thin skinned, over paid whiners.

Can you imagine Jeter EVER booing the Yankee fans? Lindor is the face of the franchise, the 341 million dollar man, and thats what he does?
Lindor doesn't have an ounce of leadership ability. Its all a joke to this younger generation of players, all about the swag, the sparkly chains, and appearance. Why should it be about playing the game hard or the right way? He should have squashed that shit Baez pulled, instead he laughs and goes along with it. He got paid, what the hell. He will never be a champion in this city.

As for Baez, he is so insignificant, he is a clown. Mets just traded away another top prospect for this guy. Is anyone in upper management doing background checks on some of these guys they acquire? I know they skip that requisite when they hire their GM's, but come on. He feels bad when they boo him, awww poor guy. I feel for ya and your millions you rake it to strike out 40% of your at bats.

Both of those "kids" need to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.