2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets are eliminated from the Wild Card.
Their only hope now is to catch the Braves.
Oh, and they are six games under .500.
But they do have an easy schedule the rest of the year.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Actually the Mets are totally out of it.
Reason being the Braves and Phillies play each other three more times so since they both can't loose it's impossible for the Mets to pass both of them.

The Braves would have to loose all their remaining games and the Mets would have to win all their games for the Mets to pass them.

But since three of the Brave losses would be to the Phillies the Mets can't pass the Phill's.

Because the Phillies at a minimum would go 3-5 over there last 8 games finishing at
83-79. The Mets already have 80 losses.

So for a team that was in first place most of the season, that had that dramatic Sunday night game on National TV where their Franchise player called out the Yankees and single handedly beat them with three homers choked when it mattered most.
I guess they shot their load that Sunday night.

I hope their fans enjoyed it because that's the closest they are coming to the playoffs this Year.

They have to 9-0 to finish over .500, 8-1 to finish at .500.

Actually the Mets are totally out of it.
Reason being the Braves and Phillies play each other three more times so since they both can't loose it's impossible for the Mets to pass both of them.

The Braves would have to loose all their remaining games and the Mets would have to win all their games for the Mets to pass them.

But since three of the Brave losses would be to the Phillies the Mets can't pass the Phill's.

Because the Phillies at a minimum would go 3-5 over there last 8 games finishing at
83-79. The Mets already have 80 losses.

So for a team that was in first place most of the season, that had that dramatic Sunday night game on National TV where their Franchise player called out the Yankees and single handedly beat them with three homers choked when it mattered most.
I guess they shot their load that Sunday night.

I hope their fans enjoyed it because that's the closest they are coming to the playoffs this Year.

They have to 9-0 to finish over .500, 8-1 to finish at .500.
You said a while ago, that the mets should have really taken off after the Yanks series. Well the opposite happened. It took everything out of them. The suck so bad that they couldnt ever use that as momentum. Not one of the plaers stepped up and got hot when needed. Alonso was the only consistant player, and Nimo when healthy.

Did you guys watch the 4 part ESPN 30 for 30 series , 86 Mets? Great
Great series! Few things I didn't realize until I watched this series. I won't go into detail to avoid spoiling it. But the Buckner/Stapleton thing was really interesting. Clemens shaving after he came out of the game. Cashen built it and literally tore it all down. Shrewd guy he was in his dealings and undervalued contract offers. Made some awful deals after 86 season. Amazing how the same guy was the architect of the 86 team, could be so off in his deals the following years.

New ownership and all, this was a Metsy season – endless injuries, post-All Star Game implosion putting the season safely beyond the reach of the usual late season doomed revival. But this year the division was so bad that the Mets had to lose practically every day of the last two weeks not to contend. Is it just me or were Gary, Keith & Ron particularly down on the team this year? During the Mets' One Hundred Days of Glory in first place "they found ways to win". They are such a passive-aggressive team that the ways they were winning didn't seem to involve hitting. Hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, walk with bases loaded, squiggler down the line and so on. Steve Cohen should hire an exorcist.

D

Deleted member 128262

Probably will end up being someone like Billy Beane bc of his relationship with Alderson.

I think Conforto is gone, Stroman is gone, Baez might be back, but I feel his heart is in Chi-Town. DeGrom can’t throw like he did unless you want to miss 2022 and 23 with TJ surgery.

Probably will end up being someone like Billy Beane bc of his relationship with Alderson.

I think Conforto is gone, Stroman is gone, Baez might be back, but I feel his heart is in Chi-Town. DeGrom can’t throw like he did unless you want to miss 2022 and 23 with TJ surgery.
Beane is no longer interested in being the Mets GM, pulled his name out of contention.

Why doesn't anyone want this Mets GM job? It's unreal how many candidates have declined interest. Is it the presence of Sandy always being over their head? Is it a combination of Sandy and Cohen, or is this team THAT far from competing?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Why doesn't anyone want this Mets GM job? It's unreal how many candidates have declined interest. Is it the presence of Sandy always being over their head? Is it a combination of Sandy and Cohen, or is this team THAT far from competing?
I doubt Sandy is the problem. I would think he wants out as soon as he hires someone.

They are not that far from competing. I think a manger with a strong hand in the clubhouse who can make them act like men would go a long way.

Lindor can't be as bad as he was this year but he needs to concentrate on being the best player he can be and not a fucking clown with blonde hair and two huge earrings.
He's had two sub par years in a row now.

Something about the Mets picking AllStar middle infielders Roberto Alomar, Carlos Baerga and then their careers going to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.