2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
He is doing the same as all the other Mets. laying a fucking egg. You think that Yankee series would have gotten him going? Nope. So you are 100% correct Billy.
Funny, I only see the Mets when they play the Yankees so to me they look like world beaters.
Phillies are scuffling also so the weekend series should be interesting.
Cards happen to be hot, when they made a few trades around the deadline reporters were panning them saying why bother.
But as of now they have the second WC spot.

Funny, I only see the Mets when they play the Yankees so to me they look like world beaters.
Phillies are scuffling also so the weekend series should be interesting.
Cards happen to be hot, when they made a few trades around the deadline reporters were panning them saying why bother.
But as of now they have the second WC spot.
Yea, Mets have some talent so every once in a while they will look good, plus The Yanks are still the Yanks, so its easy to get pumped to play them especially at home.
If Conforto and McNiell had just decent years, and Lindor, it would be different. Just decent yrs. Fuckers.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Since I don't commute anymore I never listen to the FAN.

But this morning I had a reason to be out driving so I put it on.

Whoever was subbing for Boomer and Gio were ragging on the Mets and complaining about Lindor and how they don't want Baez, Conforto and Sandy Alderson back.

Is that the general feeling of Mets fans?

Since I don't commute anymore I never listen to the FAN.

But this morning I had a reason to be out driving so I put it on.

Whoever was subbing for Boomer and Gio were ragging on the Mets and complaining about Lindor and how they don't want Baez, Conforto and Sandy Alderson back.

Is that the general feeling of Mets fans?
So, I was the biggest WFAN fan around. I drive a lot so I listened hours per day. Right now, it is not even listenable. I never ever put it on. Not sure who it was, but How the fuck would he know?
As far as you asking?
I dont want Alderson back unless he is list president of baseball operations and hires a GM who has 100% control of Team and player decisions. I didnt want him back but I understand why He was brought back here. I get it. It probably wasnt wrong for Cohen to do that his first year as owner. I would get rid of Alderson.
Conforto? Billy, you said it before. He has a great swing. He is really good at everything, maybe not great at anything. But in his walk year, he plays like this? He is still fairly young and may become a star. But how much do you give a guy coming off of a big disappointing year? It will come down to money and also, who else would you get to play right?
Baez is tricky. If he wants to play SS and he may get big money from someone to play SS. He will be gone. But people are under estimating him. He is a Start. He is a 5 tool player. I've always liked him. He is really good. About his strikeouts? I said he is a star/ Well, borderline star because of his strikeouts. Its alarming. You cant have too many players that strike out a lot... Agian, depending on money, I would want him back. Mets need to change things up, he is electric. Something Mets dont have unless Lindor Plays to his ability which I believe he will. Plus you build up the middle. Baez and Lindor? Would be nice going forward.

billyS

Reign of Terror
For their next two games I'm the biggest Mets fan!

LGM!

Hell, I'm even rooting for ( to paraphrase a line from Dire Straight' Money for Nothing) "the little faggot with the earrings" :D:D

What an awful last 6 weeks for this team. You talk about playing out the string, WOW! This team you could almost say, Quit on Rojas. They got waxed by Boston!

Terribly constructed team, needs a major overhaul in lineup, bullpen, and rotation. Plus the possibility of no DeGrom for 2022 and it really puts a lot of doubt as to how this team can be fixed. Alderson can't get a pass on this one, not this time. For all his talk and money, Cohen did nothing in my opinion to make this franchise any better. Yes he spent, but not wisely. Stroman was good, not great. McCann is dog water, bullpen is a mess, and he overpaid for the half a fag short stop with Ronald McDonald hair.

Glad the Mets aren't my first choice when it comes to baseball in NY.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And now Lindor is campaigning for Cohen to resign Baez! Two class acts.

And don't forget, two more years of Cano at about 30 million left. That's an expensive bench piece.

They really tanked against the contenders, St. Louis, Philly and Boston. Stroman with his blonde hair and do-rag came up empty.

Too many clowns on this team, no discipline.
Baez is very talented but he is an awful fit in so many ways.

Not too often I root for the Red sox. Of coarse when they play Yanks I do. And when it can hurt the Yanks as this series did, even with those Yellow Shirts. Not sure Baez doesn't fit. Why? He is an absolute stud who strikes out way too much.

Not too often I root for the Red sox. Of coarse when they play Yanks I do. And when it can hurt the Yanks as this series did, even with those Yellow Shirts. Not sure Baez doesn't fit. Why? He is an absolute stud who strikes out way too much.
For the record I HATED those yellow jerseys. What did they represent anyway?

Regarding Baez, you have too many swing and miss types already in the lineup, plus Cano coming back. He is not sitting on the bench when he is guaranteed 48 million for 2022 and 2023 combined. - Thats why I think they pass on Baez in addition to his his strike out rate. You can't bow down to Lindor because its his "gay", I mean guy. Lindor needs to grow up and realize he isn't in suburbia Cleveland anymore. If you talk the talk in New York you BETTER walk the walk. Same thing for Stroman. So what you grew up here, doesn't mean you can play here.

Personally, I am a contact and speed at the top of the lineup groupie. I like a few mashers in the lineup but not 200+k types that cover the majority of a lineup. The Cardinals in the mid 1980s, Yankees in the mid 1990's, Royals in the mid 1980's, I take those types of rosters over the current construction of many teams any day. Speed is a definite pest and disruption to a pitcher.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets cant be fixed into a contender in one off season just spending money.
I don't think they are that far off if they add the right players, deGrom comes back and the others play up to their potential. They were in it after the Yankees series, I believe just 3 games out of the Wild Card and playing the teams in front of them.

So it was there for the taking. Plus after that emotional win that Sunday night that should have given them a boost.

I don't think Baez is a good fit for a few reasons.
1) They are going to have to pay him like the stud Shortstop he is. Because I'm sure his agent isn't going to let him take a team friendly deal in the prime of his career.
With that kind of money the Mets could fill two holes and just either at McNeil at second or possibly Cano.

2) He has proven he is too thin skinned for the NY media and they will always be going after him, trying to provoke him to say something stupid so they have a story to write.

3) He enables Lindors stupid behavior. He will always back Lindor no matter what he does and Lindor knows that which is why he wants him around.
If Lindor is going to be the face of the Franchise he needs to start producing and stop with the stupid antics like he did against the Yankees.
Even the Mets front office refused to back his claims.

It's not unlike when the Yankees trade Melky because they didn't want him influencing Cano.

Did you guys watch the 4 part ESPN 30 for 30 series , 86 Mets? Great
I did watch it.. great mini series.. I forgot that Cashen blew up the team trading Knight and Mitchell. Liked the story told by Keith with his relationship with his dad and brother.. These guys are all superstars, but you don;t know what is behind the scenes and going thru their heads.

I did watch it.. great mini series.. I forgot that Cashen blew up the team trading Knight and Mitchell. Liked the story told by Keith with his relationship with his dad and brother.. These guys are all superstars, but you don;t know what is behind the scenes and going thru their heads.
They didnt resign Knight because of money. Plus they had Howard Johnson ready to step in. Bad move considering Knights leadership.
They traded Mitchell because they thought he was a bad influence on Gooden and Strawberry. How did that turn out? Bad on ever point. That was a great team that should have won several World series. That team was put together so well.

billyS

Reign of Terror
They didnt resign Knight because of money. Plus they had Howard Johnson ready to step in. Bad move considering Knights leadership.
They traded Mitchell because they thought he was a bad influence on Gooden and Strawberry. How did that turn out? Bad on ever point. That was a great team that should have won several World series. That team was put together so well.
The Mitchell trade worked out in the Mets favor, I think.
They got back Kevin McReynolds who had four solid years with the Mets, was a perennial MVP candidate and a much better defender than Mitchell.
Mitchell had that one spectacular year when he hit the 47 homers and another good year after that but from then on was mediocre.
You're right about the Knight/ HoJo flip. It was a standard baseball move letting a guy go because you had a replacement ready.

That team did have good competition from the Cardinals in their division.

I'll have to check out that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.