2020 Yankees

I hope Cashman isn't done, lots more to do. Another reliever (Harris) would be nice, as would a lefty bat.
Will Andujar, Frazier, other Prospects get dealt? I am smelling a BIG Lindor trade bringing that stud to the Yanks.
I wouldnt be surprised. And Cashman isnt done, that for sure. I am wondering though, why not Betances? They would know best, if he is healthy or not.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I wouldnt be surprised. And Cashman isnt done, that for sure. I am wondering though, why not Betances? They would know best, if he is healthy or not.
I think they are waiting to see what the market is for him. If he had a decent offer he'd of taken it. I think teams are worried about the achilles. According to Britton it takes a while to recover.
I'd say sign him low with a lot of incentives. Hey if he hits them that means he was worth it.

Last edited:
I think they are waiting to see what the market is for him. Of he had a decent offer he'd of taken it. I think teams are worried about the achilles. According to Britton it takes a while to recover.
I'd say sign him low with a lot of incentives. Hey if he hits them that means he was worth it.
Yea, I agree. I think the Yanks being this all in, I believe they want more of a sure thing... Maybe they want to see if they are able to get hader?

At this point we are 324 million into one player, its time to throw caution to the wind and grab EVERY great player available/possible.
Enough of the pussy footing, scoop up Lindor, Harris, trade for a nice lefty bat in that lineup. Now is not the time to get all analytical and conservative. Fuck it, you just dropped 3-2-4 on one arm, finish this and lets dominate. Trade the prospects, they aren't proven commodities, I want multiple championships. Cruz is no Pedro yet, Florial is no Trout, shit we just DF'a'd Adams, he was the jam a few years ago.

Time to let the scouts do their jobs and restock that system, send out these current prospects, and let this group win a few championships next few years. But we ARE NOT there yet. Cashman needs to make the next few moves to concrete this dynasty. Cole was the easy no brainer move, now we need to find the next Paul O'Neil, Jeff Nelson, Homer Bush, Mariano Duncan, etc.

They signaled that they were "all in" with Cole. It would make sense to go a little bit further to pretty much lock down the best team in baseball. Another very good reliever and maybe a blockbuster to break up the logjam - package Frazier/Andujar and a couple of prospects for Lindor or a big lefty bat?

They signaled that they were "all in" with Cole. It would make sense to go a little bit further to pretty much lock down the best team in baseball. Another very good reliever and maybe a blockbuster to break up the logjam - package Frazier/Andujar and a couple of prospects for Lindor or a big lefty bat?
Cashman has been pretty shrewd through the years. I would like to have Lindor, but do not think that Delvi should be traded as he is a probable to be in the rotation in 2021.

The Rays got a big lefty bat with the Japanese player that they recently signed.

Imagine Lindor in that lineup? Damn. They already have an awesome lineup and he would , right away, become the best player on the team. Scary.

I've often thought of DJ as the next Paulie. Hopefully he will grow his legacy as a Yankee. He was the MVP last year in my opinion. Not being in the top three in the voting was an embarrassment.
The only reason I would disagree is because of attitude/personality. O'niell had it... DJ is just a really really good player but more quiet... I think...

The only reason I would disagree is because of attitude/personality. O'niell had it... DJ is just a really really good player but more quiet... I think...
Yes, game personalities are very different. In terms of being clutch, I found the comparison. It's a shame, the homerun he hit in Game 6 ALCS to tie the game in the ninth, will long be forgotten.

Yes, game personalities are very different. In terms of being clutch, I found the comparison. It's a shame, the homerun he hit in Game 6 ALCS to tie the game in the ninth, will long be forgotten.
I won't forget it, that was as clutch as they come. DJ is a gamer and could carve out a nice little mini legacy with the Yanks moving forward. He is what they need more of in the lineup. Patient, get on base type.

I LOVE Betances, not happy he is gone and we are stuck with Happ most likely because of it.
I think Betances bounces back nicely, hopefully this guy gets the multi year contract he deserves. His numbers from 2014-2018 were sick. Can't say I am overly enthused with the Yanks bullpen right now, lot of mileage on those arms throughout their careers, and from usage last year.

Hoping we got some more moves coming.

Some early pitching staff projections for active 25 man roster - nothing ground shaking

Starters - 6 (7)

Cole - Severino - Tanaka - Paxton - Happ - Montgomery (German will be suspended at start of season)

** I expect Happ to be traded for prospects, similar deal as Sonny Gray. This deal may hinge upon how long the German suspension may be.

Bullpen (7)

Chapman - Britton - Ottavino - Kahnle - Green

(Cessa/Holder/Heller/Loaisaga/Tarpley) for final two spots

Regarding your bullpen, I am NOT an Ottavino fan, not sold on him and never have been regardless of the numbers. He tailed off and was very hittable towards end of the year. Not sure I totally trust Cessa, Holder, Lasagna, or Tarpley.

Betances was a beast out of that pen. Straight gas and fire.

I do like Heller, maybe thats why they let Betances walk, he seems to have good stuff from my novice eye(s).

Happ was a bust, we can fill his innings with Monty or Opener for all I care. German in my opinion won't get more than a 6 week suspension.

Like I have stated in previous posts, there is still work to do, this is the toughest and most important part of that off season work. Cole was a no brainer, now its time to find the DJ's and Voit's in the free agent market or via trade.

If we don't end up with Hader, I hope we grab that guy Harris from Houston. We still have lots of chips we can move, I don't feel this is a championship roster as is right now. It's close, but it doesn't seem complete. But what do I know, just my gut.

Like I have stated in previous posts, there is still work to do, this is the toughest and most important part of that off season work.
Signing Cole was the most important part. Everything else is just tinkering.

Don't get me wrong, if Hader or Lindor are attainable, I hope that we don't have to give up too much young talent.