2020 Yankees

deGrom hasn't pitched a meaningful game since the world series .... and in that one start he spit the bit and got bombed. Sorry LW .. I know you are a die hard fan but it is a lot easier to pitch in meaningless games. deGrom has been pressure free for four seasons.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yankees have some interesting roster decisions coming up this week. Once Cole and Gardner pass their physicals and officially sign they must be added to the roster. The roster is already full at 40 because they had to protect all those kids from the Rule 5 draft.

I don't see any easy decisions here. The most expendable person I see is Chance Adams. Other than that unless they make a 2 ,or 3 for one deal someone surprisingly will get let go.

Holder, Tarpley, Estrada, Higashioka (If Candy is Coming) in addition to Adams.
I could see any of those guys either released or traded in packages with Andujar, Frazier, and a few other upper level prospects.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Holder, Tarpley, Estrada, Higashioka (If Candy is Coming) in addition to Adams.
I could see any of those guys either released or traded in packages with Andujar, Frazier, and a few other upper level prospects.
They really like Estrada and he did perform well in limited time last year so while I could see him getting traded as part of a package I doubt released.
I think even if they sign Maldanado they keep Higashiowda as a depth piece.
I can see Holder or Trarpley getting traded for prospects that don't need to be added to the 40 man roster yet. That's a route Cashman has gone in the recent past.

Cashman won't release those guys. I don't know if he has time to put together a blockbuster where he moves Frazier and/or Andujar .... so I expect them to trade some of these lesser guys for some younger lower level guys. They do LIke Estrada ... and so do I! I hope they keep him. CHance Adams has had his chances .... time for him to go.

Cashman won't release those guys. I don't know if he has time to put together a blockbuster where he moves Frazier and/or Andujar .... so I expect them to trade some of these lesser guys for some younger lower level guys. They do LIke Estrada ... and so do I! I hope they keep him. CHance Adams has had his chances .... time for him to go.
Why wouldnt he have time? Also, if it is a blockbuster, what can it be? A first basement, or relief pitcher, right? Nothing else I assume?

Yankees have some interesting roster decisions coming up this week. Once Cole and Gardner pass their physicals and officially sign they must be added to the roster. The roster is already full at 40 because they had to protect all those kids from the Rule 5 draft.

I don't see any easy decisions here. The most expendable person I see is Chance Adams. Other than that unless they make a 2 ,or 3 for one deal someone surprisingly will get let go.
Romine's departure opens a slot. Higashioka is not going anywhere.

Not sure which pitchers will be let go. Unless traded, I don't see any of the current position players being moved.

I love LW looking for anyway possible to besmirch the Yankees! The hitters were cheating - not the pitchers. Although - he probably knew about it. In my eyes this is a big deal and those punks should be severely punished. AND LW ...... YOu had best be careful of which you speak! YOUR manager has been rumored to be the mastermind of this cheating!!

I love LW looking for anyway possible to besmirch the Yankees! The hitters were cheating - not the pitchers. Although - he probably knew about it. In my eyes this is a big deal and those punks should be severely punished. AND LW ...... YOu had best be careful of which you speak! YOUR manager has been rumored to be the mastermind of this cheating!!
His manager should teach his hitters how to hit 3-2 curveballs in crunch time

I agree, 100%. I wont stick up for Beltran in anyway whatever comes back. He was a Veteran leader of that Astros team. So, Steve, I am always fair, and I will not say at all that betran is innocent in this.

I love LW looking for anyway possible to besmirch the Yankees! The hitters were cheating - not the pitchers. Although - he probably knew about it. In my eyes this is a big deal and those punks should be severely punished.
Of coarse he knew about it. But also, I do agree with you that it is a big deal.I also agree the punishment should be severe. Yanks got fucked over. NOT fair. So did all the other teams they played, but the Yanks series was bigger because of magnitude of the playoffs.

I want someone to beat the Yankees, but I want them to do it fairly. I would not want the Bosox to beat the Yanks by cheating. Do it fair, or I rather the Yanks win.