2019 Yankees

Huge contracts usually turn out bad. There are more bad ones than good ones and then you are screwed for the future.
Agreed. But I am more outraged and mad at who they gave up in the deal, beside the stupid contract. Because remember, we gave up 2 bad contracts also in the deal. But still a horrible contract.

He had one good year. That's it. Maybe ha had talent but you shouldn't give a player that kind of contract based on only one good year. Can had 8 or 9 excellent years to get his contract.

Nothing beats the Ellsbury contract. Boy do I hate him!
I think A Rods last contract was worse even though he played.

The yanks always over paid guys in the past. That's why they don't want to do those long term deals anymore.

I hated the Elsbury deal
The could have brought granderson back for alot less and he was better.

Elsbury deal was classic knee jerk to Cano signing with Seattle.

Great point Slick regarding Grandy, never thought about that.

Arod deal was bad, I would have let him walk after that. Monday morning quarterbacking by me. Arod / Stanton are the same, they're rally killers and can't hit in the clutch. Garbage time stats.

He had one good year. That's it. Maybe ha had talent but you shouldn't give a player that kind of contract based on only one good year. Can had 8 or 9 excellent years to get his contract.
Maybe getting him out of Boston also had something to do with it? I dont remember is Boston even made an offer to him at that time.

Maybe getting him out of Boston also had something to do with it? I dont remember is Boston even made an offer to him at that time.
He had quite a few good seasons in Boston, second in the MVP voting the year before signing. I'm sure Boston made an offer and was out bid. He played seven seasons had a BA of .297.

His first season in NY (2014) saw an outfield of Gardner, Ellsbury and Ichiro. He dramatically improved their outfield. Not all deals work out.

billyS

Reign of Terror
He had quite a few good seasons in Boston, second in the MVP voting the year before signing. I'm sure Boston made an offer and was out bid. He played seven seasons had a BA of .297.

His first season in NY (2014) saw an outfield of Gardner, Ellsbury and Ichiro. He dramatically improved their outfield. Not all deals work out.
Boston let him walk without an offer.