2019 Mets

Wtf?
It doesn't say what the Mets are giving up for him but considering what Toronto was asking from the contenders it's got to be a significant package.
Funny, none of you guys liked him anyway.
I just read that they got a couple of pitching prospects for him,no names mentioned yet

billyS

Reign of Terror
I just read that they got a couple of pitching prospects for him,no names mentioned yet
Yeah I saw that too, but I also saw Toronto is refusing to confirm the trade.
Another source says that the Mets have one of the weakest farm systems in baseball. None of their pitching prospects rank in Baseballs top 100.
This just doesn't make sense at the moment. Toronto sitting on one of the most sort after pitchers and settled for a sub par package?

Yeah I saw that too, but I also saw Toronto is refusing to confirm the trade.
Another source says that the Mets have one of the weakest farm systems in baseball. None of their pitching prospects rank in Baseballs top 100.
This just doesn't make sense at the moment. Toronto sitting on one of the most sort after pitchers and settled for a sub par package?
You are right! Whoever the prospects are Toronto probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else!!

Stroman is basically a rental for the Mets. They aren't gonna pay to sigh him. So probably not a good deal for the Mets who should be sellers not buyers. They gave up 2 "prospects" for a rental. Waiting for Brodie to come out and say "we are going for it this year" lol

Stroman is basically a rental for the Mets. They aren't gonna pay to sigh him. So probably not a good deal for the Mets who should be sellers not buyers. They gave up 2 "prospects" for a rental. Waiting for Brodie to come out and say "we are going for it this year" lol
He will be with the Mets through 2020. It does make that rotation more formidable. The players they gave up were their 4th and 6th rated prospects.

Marcus Strohman comes home to Long Island.

This is sure to solidify the rotation as long as they retain Thor. I don't care if they trade Wheeler or Vargas. I would miss Matz, another hometown boy, though. Before I comment further on this interesting turn of events, I want to wait until the deadline passes to see what else develops.

I think the Yanks played hardball with the Jays, thinking they would cave to whatever Offer the Yanks were offering. Mets swept in a got him. Now the Yanks will have to over pay for Wheeler.
Wheeler for Fraizer is fair. Cashman doesnt seem to love him. Although Yankee fans do. Wheeler would be great for the Yanks. They probably sign him too , to an extension. Then The Yanks can feel really good about the Trade, while The mets also feel good because they have a young outfielder for them.

I think the Yanks played hardball with the Jays, thinking they would cave to whatever Offer the Yanks were offering. Mets swept in a got him. Now the Yanks will have to over pay for Wheeler.
Wheeler for Fraizer is fair. Cashman doesnt seem to love him. Although Yankee fans do. Wheeler would be great for the Yanks. They probably sign him too , to an extension. Then The Yanks can feel really good about the Trade, while The mets also feel good because they have a young outfielder for them.
Mets already have several good hitting outfielders that can't field. How will they fit Frazier in? Is he a good fielder?