2019 Mets

Girardi has made enough money. I think to him - he just wants a job. I see a couple of problems. Mets need someone like Girardi or better yet Showalter. Showalter may need the money as he was not a major league player. Both of these guys would not take the job and be told what to do. Brodie may not hire a real manager. He probably wants a lap dog. Also ... why in the world would two GOOD managers want the Mets job????
The Mets don't know what they're doing, including Brodie. They need a clean start, total house cleaning, but they won't do it. If they got serious and put a legit GM in place with a manager like Girardi it would show some faith that ownership is real. It all starts at the top regardless of who makes the baseball decisions, because the top is making the decisions on those people making baseball decisions.

Brodie signing all his former clients alone this past free agent period should have him fired and never to be a GM again. Its a just a legit excuse for his dismissal and ownership shouldn't be sheepish about it. I think most in the fan base would applaud it.

So how can they even make any deals if Brodie is in place? Its such a messy situation. He signed and brought on some terrible contracts. Awful.

Familia, Lowry (They didn't even need this guy on the roster), Ramos, Cano. I would move Nimmo in a split second. Time to give up on Lagares, he could be a decent 5th outfielder on a contending team defensively. Frazier, Wheeler, Vargas, Smith if you can get a good prospect. Now Rosario is the future CF? Are you kidding me? Its a folly, they could totally restock the cupboard if they moved DeGrom, what is the need for that contract on a team that won't compete for a minimum of 2 years. You get that contract off the payroll, Cespedes comes off after next year, same with Lowrie. Its such a mess up and down that roster. Cano 4 more years. Maybe 2022 with all the prospects they could acquire if they moved Degrom, and all the money they could have for free agency.

But if he were a 20 year old white girl with the same problem she'd be getting your guys praise as you line your cars up to stick your dicks in her mouth.
Ironic how we look at the same problem differently for different people.
true, But I would still be calling her a druggie piece of shit, so, same thing.

The Mets don't know what they're doing, including Brodie. They need a clean start, total house cleaning, but they won't do it. If they got serious and put a legit GM in place with a manager like Girardi it would show some faith that ownership is real. It all starts at the top regardless of who makes the baseball decisions, because the top is making the decisions on those people making baseball decisions.

Brodie signing all his former clients alone this past free agent period should have him fired and never to be a GM again. Its a just a legit excuse for his dismissal and ownership shouldn't be sheepish about it. I think most in the fan base would applaud it.

So how can they even make any deals if Brodie is in place? Its such a messy situation. He signed and brought on some terrible contracts. Awful.

Familia, Lowry (They didn't even need this guy on the roster), Ramos, Cano. I would move Nimmo in a split second. Time to give up on Lagares, he could be a decent 5th outfielder on a contending team defensively. Frazier, Wheeler, Vargas, Smith if you can get a good prospect. Now Rosario is the future CF? Are you kidding me? Its a folly, they could totally restock the cupboard if they moved DeGrom, what is the need for that contract on a team that won't compete for a minimum of 2 years. You get that contract off the payroll, Cespedes comes off after next year, same with Lowrie. Its such a mess up and down that roster. Cano 4 more years. Maybe 2022 with all the prospects they could acquire if they moved Degrom, and all the money they could have for free agency.
Agree. Its not getting better anytime soon. They are not giving up on Brodie anything soon. I gave up on his after he traded Dunn and Kelnick.

billyS

Reign of Terror

They need to do the same the Yanks did in 2016.
Glayber is most obvious of the haul but they also used the prospects they got in the deals for Beltran and Nova for Britton, Frazier/Kahnle/Robertson, Happ.
Some prospects you play some you trade. Not sure Brodie is savy enough.
That's why I think the Mets will be a shit show for a while.
They should have hired the kid from Tampa Bay.

Glayber is most obvious of the haul but they also used the prospects they got in the deals for Beltran and Nova for Britton, Frazier/Kahnle/Robertson, Happ.
Tampa has a real good front office to plunder from.
They always seem to put good talent on the field

They should have did that in this passed off season. That is why Brodies first trade was a disaster. Is Brodie savy enough? No body knows that yet, but looking what he has done so far, my answer would be NO.

They should have did that in this passed off season. That is why Brodies first trade was a disaster. Is Brodie savy enough? No body knows that yet, but looking what he has done so far, my answer would be NO.
The guy is a total hamster! No clue what he is doing, just running on the never ending spinning wheel.

The Wilpons are lost. Fire the GM and manager. Bring in a real GM and hire Showalter. He would get them to be decent quick.
I agree with you. But nobody is firing a GM in less than 1 season. You know during the interview, Brodie convinced the Wilpons that he can fix this shit team right away. He has made it much worse. But if you go and hire someone, they deserve a little bit of time, although I agree with you Steve.

So which Mets do you think will be traded and where? Talk is that Thor, Wheeler, Frazier are all up for grabs. The only part that doesn't make sense is that the beat reporters are saying that they would have to get back majors-ready pitchers in return. So then why trade these pitchers to begin with?

So which Mets do you think will be traded and where? Talk is that Thor, Wheeler, Frazier are all up for grabs. The only part that doesn't make sense is that the beat reporters are saying that they would have to get back majors-ready pitchers in return. So then why trade these pitchers to begin with?
Well, wheeler is a no brainer because he is gone after the season... Syndergaard will get a big infusion of young talent, so that is why it may make sense. Fraizer, have little to no value. He can go for a single A player, and hope for the best. Does Vargus have any value at all? I think when they say major league , ready for majors next year. Like a triple A player, not a player who is 2 to 3 years away.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The only part that doesn't make sense is that the beat reporters are saying that they would have to get back majors-ready pitchers in return. So then why trade these pitchers to begin with?
What they mean by that is part of the package will have to include Major league ready pitchers. Not necessarily somebody already with the status of Thor but with the potential to be as good and be ready to step into the rotation next year.
But the reason to trade him would be to get back a package where you could possibly fill two positions like center field and catcher.
With the sellers market you should get back three studs.
With guys like Vargas and Frazier you should be able to stock the lower levels of your system and use those players for future trade bait or call ups, like what Cashman flipped Beltran and Nova for.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Stroman is off the board traded to the Mets. I am surprised by that. So that probably means Thor is goner.
Wtf?
It doesn't say what the Mets are giving up for him but considering what Toronto was asking from the contenders it's got to be a significant package.
Funny, none of you guys liked him anyway.