2017 Mets

Many know by now that I am a Met fan first and foremost. Although I have NOW not seen every game they have played, it is getting more and more difficult watching the team they are putting on the field every day. The injuries to the majority of their staff has left us watching minor league pitchers trying to pitch at the major league level. Many of these guys aren't ready yet but the Mets lack of arms are forcing them to consider these guys. Amed Rosario has not impressed me yet although sports columnist seems to like what they are seeing thus far. Rosario hasn't seen a pitch that he doesn't like. He has no eye at the plate whatsoever as he has only walked once so far. I watched one at bat of his where the pitcher threw 3 consecutive sliders out of the strike zone placed in the same location (outside) that he struck out on. Yes he has 3 home runs and 3 triples but someone with his speed he should learn how to bunt and he needs to shorten his swing. Dominic Smith has a good eye at the plate although has only walked once but I have a little more faith knowing that he will swing at strikes. He hasn't showed me much yet although it is very early. He does need to get in better shape though.

Unfortunately, I am a gluten for punishment and will continue watching them play out the season in hope that they start winning some games. I feel for Terry Collins as it has to be difficult day in day out struggling to put up a "W" at the end of the game. Dealing with media every day and hearing similar questions after a lose and having to rely on the saying the same old rhetoric to dumb questions has to be painful. Personally I would rather him not sugar coat anything and call out his players that are playing like shit or the status of the team at this point in the season. Yeah I am frustrated Met fan!!!!

The window of opportunity is quickly closing for the Mets Alderson told us all repeatedly back in 2012 or so that he had a plan in which the Mets would reach serious October baseball , by 2015 He was correct for one season only The Mets have seriously underperformed because he has short arms and deep pockets , as well as having made miserable trades and personnel moves He needs to be booted out as being primarily responsible for this joke of a team And I've been a Mets fan for drcades

This is the last year of Alderson's contract and if memory serves me correctly he had recently signed an extension for another 5 years. The Wilponzi's love what he is doing and thinks he is the right guy for the job. Yeah I agree their have been some poor decisions that he has made but nobody foresaw the Met starting rotation to once again have health issues preventing all but DeGrom to pitch more than 120 innings this year. I think Gsellman is second at this point with approximately 88 innings pitched. There bullpen for the most part has been awful and not having Familia has hurt somewhat. Whatever there starting rotation is going to be next year they need to find a way to stay healthy for the entire year. Most likely Harvey is going to pitch like he did his first 2 years since he is pitching for a contract and both DeGrom and Syndergaard I expect good numbers from these guys. There is a lot of work to be done this off season no doubt, but the most important thing is to get everyone healthy especially there starting pitchers.

Despite his lack of hr production this year the Mets are hearing a lot of interest for Cespedes which is a scary thought to consider. He does have a no trade clause in his contract. Lets hope that they don't do anything stupid and trade him for minor league prospects too. But this is the Mets after all so anything is possible as we ALL know!!!

Lol!!! The Yankees are playing well again but you know there are 2 big series coming up against the Indians and the Redsox by the end of this month. Both teams are capable of shutting the Yankees down. Don't get to cocky yet!!! Although AL has a lot of mediocrity in the division so making the playoffs should be easy for them.

Lol!!! The Yankees are playing well again but you know there are 2 big series coming up against the Indians and the Redsox by the end of this month. Both teams are capable of shutting the Yankees down. Don't get to cocky yet!!! Although AL has a lot of mediocrity in the division so making the playoffs should be easy for them.
shouldn't this be in Yankees 2017 thread?

shouldn't this be in Yankees 2017 thread?
Yes I agree, however both boards (2017 Mets & 2017 Yankees) have content about both teams. Mr. Wiggley and us Met fans have had friendly bantering back and forth about our teams. Your point is well received and is valid.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
As you all know my first thought here is.....fuckem.

BUT...now Cespedes??? Holy crap, maybe the first people to be fired should be the team doctors and the entire medical and conditioning staff?

Isn't this the second straight year with an incredible amount of injuries? Or third?

BUT...now Cespedes??? Holy crap, maybe the first people to be fired should be the team doctors and the entire medical and conditioning staff?

Isn't this the second straight year with an incredible amount of injuries? Or third?
It starts with ray Ramirez and the other "medical staff" under his wing That goes for physical conditioning coaches too They needed to be replaced at least 5 years ago I have no clue why management keeps rehiring them all They cause more harm than good And, this didn't start in the last 2 to 3 seasons Mr W It goes back at least to 2010 or so I wonder when Ray Ramirez became trainer? And if the rash of injuries corresponds with his being trainer

David Wright can probably answer that question the best

I actually forgot wright was still on the team. When was the last time he played, 1964?
I know what you mean. Wright is attempting to play again as he is rehabbing in high "A" ball. He has missed a lot of playing time and with his kind of injuries it will be really hard for him to make it back to the majors. The injuries situation is absolutely ridiculous. What is adding to the misery is the dismantling of all the veterans from their team. Cespedes admits that he needs to do things differently in order to stay healthy on the field. That's important that he realizes this.

I know what you mean. Wright is attempting to play again as he is rehabbing in high "A" ball. He has missed a lot of playing time and with his kind of injuries it will be really hard for him to make it back to the majors. The injuries situation is absolutely ridiculous. What is adding to the misery is the dismantling of all the veterans from their team. Cespedes admits that he needs to do things differently in order to stay healthy on the field. That's important that he realizes this.
Getting rid of all of those veterans mean nothing. They were not going to be here next year anyway so why keep them.

Getting rid of all of those veterans mean nothing. They were not going to be here next year anyway so why keep them.
I still think Bruce might be someone that the Mets might be interested in. His only fault his his OBP isn't that great but this is a guy that is a run producer and can hit 30+ home runs. Not a lot of these guys available in next years free agency.

I still think Bruce might be someone that the Mets might be interested in. His only fault his his OBP isn't that great but this is a guy that is a run producer and can hit 30+ home runs. Not a lot of these guys available in next years free agency.
I agree. I would take him back , no doubt.