2017 Mets

Much like the QB of a super bowl winner he was the Captain. That said if you look at those great Yankee teams he always seemed to be in the middle of either a game winning rally or game saving play.
Still, they don't win all those championships without Rivera. My opinion.

Addendum, I lost a lot of respect for Jeter when he came to Jason giambi's defense on the steroid issue but hung ARod out to dry.
Rivera, without a doubt...

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
LI Steve as I remember Cashman wanted to stand up to him, let him try to go elsewhere, then realize he wouldn't be Derek Jeter in Texas or Seattle. Would bet the Steinbrenners stepped in behind the scenes.

Didn't one anonymous GM say he was at that time a 3 million a year ball player that will only get a huge contract from the Yankees?

LI Steve as I remember Cashman wanted to stand up to him, let him try to go elsewhere, then realize he wouldn't be Derek Jeter in Texas or Seattle. Would bet the Steinbrenners stepped in behind the scenes.

Didn't one anonymous GM say he was at that time a 3 million a year ball player that will only get a huge contract from the Yankees?
Yes, I remember something like that.

Yes, I remember something like that.
Only on a Mets board one of the most beloved players in baseball history gets trashed.

Should worry more about getting swept tonight..
Beloved by Yankee fans.... He was so over rated to the rest of Baseball, and fans. Remember, he was voted most over rated player by his peers....

The GM contract for Alderson is over this season The Mets owners would be crazy to renew it He has had a lackluster , mediocre tenure characterized by abominable every day players , perhaps the worst relief corps in the national league and oft injured starting rotation He has been made to look like a novice by his cross town rival , Cashman

The GM contract for Alderson is over this season The Mets owners would be crazy to renew it He has had a lackluster , mediocre tenure characterized by abominable every day players , perhaps the worst relief corps in the national league and oft injured starting rotation He has been made to look like a novice by his cross town rival , Cashman
He will be here. Collins will be gone even though he has done a good job. Not great,not bad but a solid job. Probably just time to move on. But Alderson will be here.

Alderson has only 2 or 3 accomplishments Those are Syndergaard , Wheeler and Cespedis He kept payroll within budget after the Made off (with the loot) fiasco He allowed Murphy , Justin Turner and Reyes to leave and got zero back We need Omar Minaya back as he's much better as a GM

Alderson has only 2 or 3 accomplishments Those are Syndergaard , Wheeler and Cespedis He kept payroll within budget after the Made off (with the loot) fiasco He allowed Murphy , Justin Turner and Reyes to leave and got zero back We need Omar Minaya back as he's much better as a GM
Syndergaard was a happy accident. He was the throw in when the Mets sent R. A. Dickey to Toronto for "stud catcher" Travis d'Arnaud

Rivera, without a doubt...
They need a ownership change more than a management change.

Cashman said in the press that Jeter was welcome to test the market to see what his value was and he got slammed in the press for it. Cashman and the Steinbrenners probably figured they couldn't risk losing Jeter as it would tarnish the brand. I would have had no problem letting him go. However ... most Yankee fans would have freaked out.

Cashman said in the press that Jeter was welcome to test the market to see what his value was and he got slammed in the press for it. Cashman and the Steinbrenners probably figured they couldn't risk losing Jeter as it would tarnish the brand. I would have had no problem letting him go. However ... most Yankee fans would have freaked out.
He let Reyes go???? DUDE!!!! That was one of his BEST moves. Face it - REYES SUCKS!!! Now he plays for your team at the major league minimum while the Marlins are STILL paying him something like 20 million a year!!!!