2017 Mets

The Mets had a better offer from the Yankees but would have had to eat some money. Wilpon said no. They are still cheap. Sell the team now Wilpons and let the fans have a break. Stick your thumbs in your mouths and pout about all the money you lost when you should have known better.
I agree that the Wilponzi's are cheap bastards!!! I watch every Mets game and listen to WFAN and Eddie Coleman on 770AM and nobody has mentioned any names the Yankees were willing to give up for Walker. Even their broadcast team Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez said no names were even mentioned as to what the Yankees were willing to give up.That being said I heard that the Mets had to eat some of Walker's salary in the trade over the weekend. So what guys did you hear the Yankees were willing to offer? Btw, we still don't know who the player(s) we are getting from the Brewers so how does anyone know which offer was better?

I agree that the Wilponzi's are cheap bastards!!! I watch every Mets game and listen to WFAN and Eddie Coleman on 770AM and nobody has mentioned any names the Yankees were willing to give up for Walker. Even their broadcast team Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez said no names were even mentioned as to what the Yankees were willing to give up.That being said I heard that the Mets had to eat some of Walker's salary in the trade over the weekend. So what guys did you hear the Yankees were willing to offer? Btw, we still don't know who the player(s) we are getting from the Brewers so how does anyone know which offer was better?
That was for the Bruce trade. Plus, the Yankees could have paid his whole salary and got the player,m so they cheaped out also. The walker to the Yanks? Yankees didnt like something about his medical report therefore canceled the trade. Then Mets traded him to the Brewers...

That was for the Bruce trade. Plus, the Yankees could have paid his whole salary and got the player,m so they cheaped out also. The walker to the Yanks? Yankees didnt like something about his medical report therefore canceled the trade. Then Mets traded him to the Brewers...
Yes you are right the Yankees balked at Walker due to his medical records /history. The Yankees were supposedly interested in Duda but talks stalled there also and no names were mentions by the Yankees. I don't think the Yankees were ever interested in Bruce. Actually I think the Indians were the only team that showed any interest. I think part of the concerns that the Mets had in dealing with the Yankees is the 4 game series this week. Can you imagine how the fans would react if an ex-Met had a great day in the field and at the plate and single handily won the game for the Yankees? The fans would go berserk!!!

Yes you are right the Yankees balked at Walker due to his medical records /history. The Yankees were supposedly interested in Duda but talks stalled there also and no names were mentions by the Yankees. I don't think the Yankees were ever interested in Bruce. Actually I think the Indians were the only team that showed any interest. I think part of the concerns that the Mets had in dealing with the Yankees is the 4 game series this week. Can you imagine how the fans would react if an ex-Met had a great day in the field and at the plate and single handily won the game for the Yankees? The fans would go berserk!!!
they never mention names if a deal doesn't go through. Mets got one prospect but Indians are paying the rest of the Bruce contract. Supposedly , the Yankees offered 2 better prospects but they would only pay 1 million of the remainder of Bruce" contract so Mets had to pay the other 3 to 4 million left.

LW - They were being held up by Jeter. Greedy Jeter wanted more money even though he was washed up. AND .... Easy on Chapman. He is still an elite reliever who blew a save. It happens.

LW - They were being held up by Jeter. Greedy Jeter wanted more money even though he was washed up. AND .... Easy on Chapman. He is still an elite reliever who blew a save. It happens.
I agree with you on Jeter, but you are only held up or screwed if you let someone do that to you which they did.
I said Chapman is terrible right now. Thats all. With so many guys not throwing around 100, not sure if he is so special any more...Iam not saying he is not an elite closer , by any means... At least not yet...
Fuck you mets. Go yanks.
Ha
What does that mean?

LW .... I kind of agree with you. No way in hell he was getting that kind of money from anybody else. I would have had no problem letting him walk. I am not a big fan of Jeter at all.

LW .... I kind of agree with you. No way in hell he was getting that kind of money from anybody else. I would have had no problem letting him walk. I am not a big fan of Jeter at all.
Just wondering why though? You are in the minority of Yankee fans. Obviously he was not worth that last contract. But do you feel that he was over ratted. And it was more longevity? Did he get too much credit for those awesome teams?

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Just wondering why though? You are in the minority of Yankee fans. Obviously he was not worth that last contract. But do you feel that he was over ratted. And it was more longevity? Did he get too much credit for those awesome teams?
Much like the QB of a super bowl winner he was the Captain. That said if you look at those great Yankee teams he always seemed to be in the middle of either a game winning rally or game saving play.
Still, they don't win all those championships without Rivera. My opinion.

Addendum, I lost a lot of respect for Jeter when he came to Jason giambi's defense on the steroid issue but hung ARod out to dry.

Much like the QB of a super bowl winner he was the Captain. That said if you look at those great Yankee teams he always seemed to be in the middle of either a game winning rally or game saving play.
Still, they don't win all those championships without Rivera. My opinion.

Addendum, I lost a lot of respect for Jeter when he came to Jason giambi's defense on the steroid issue but hung ARod out to dry.
he liked Giambi. Not so much with Arod.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
he liked Giambi. Not so much with Arod.
Agreed, Alex did shoot himself in the foot, maybe 20 times.
Just always chuckled at the press saying Jeter was a great guy and he gave them nothing for 15 years.
Great player that loved the pressure spot, not such a great person I think.

I liked Jeter as a player. It was that last contract ... DEMANDING more when he was already obviously on teh decline. He was also always paid fairly. He was never underpaid so there was nothing the Yankees had to make up for. ALSO ... towards the end he was obviously struggling at the plate and in the field. It became a story where reporters would ask Girardi if he would consider dropping Jeter from the 2 hole or move him off short .... stupid Girardi kissed Jeter's ass to the detriment of the team and said that basically Jeter deserved to stay where he was ...... when reporters suggested to Jeter that maybe he should go to management sand say they should do what was best for the team ... Jeter's response was that it wasn't his job to tell Girardi it was OK to move him. If Mickey Mantle can move to first base for the good of the team .... Jeter could have moved off short. Jeter was selfish and greedy and everybody kissed his ass. They had no problems treating Bernie Williams and Jorge Posada like crap ... but god forbid anybody upset the mighty king Derek Jeter. Fuck him. PLus now that he owns and is CEO if the Marlins ... you will NEVER NEVER NEVER see him again at Yankee stadium.