MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astros trying to sign Wilson Contreras, talk about a juggernaut lineup if they sign him. Plus they looking into Benintendi, Astros get those 2 with the starting pitching they already have who is beating them?

All quiet on the Yankee front, yawn!
I’m not sure why the yanks haven’t made an offer to Beni.
They need him whether or not they sign judge.

True, but Cashman’s role is to improve all aspects of the team. I would deal Cabrera straight up for Murphy if I was GM.

I think that they will sign Verlander To a two year deal.
I think they should deal Cabrera for sure, not sure I would for Murphy though. Is he the guy who hit 250 this year, or the guy who hit 216 the year before? I would want more for Cabrera, but I do think he should be moved.

Verlander isn't coming to NY, IMO. I'm ok with their rotation, Montas cant be that bad can he? I'm ok with Schmidt as a potential starter.
They need a catcher, a left fielder, lets hope not a right fielder, bullpen, and have to figure out 3B. Can't have Donaldson there in 2023, just cant.

3B to me is a glaring hole, an absolute must be addressed position.
If you don't move Cabrera I am ok with him being the LF.

Wow - you guys are really down on Trevino. Not only did he win the gold glove - he won the platinum glove as the best defensive player in the AL. He hit a bit too. There aren’t many better than him. Who do you want instead?
I like Trevino a lot, think he is the perfect backup who can be a starter for long stretches if the starting catcher gets hurt. If Contreras was an option I would take him any day over Trevino and to keep him out of the Astro's lineup.
Yanks also have the Ben Roqvert guy they got in the Donaldson trade, but he can't hit for squat. Higgy was an automatic out last year. I don't expect Trevino to do what he did last year, this year.

I think they should deal Cabrera for sure, not sure I would for Murphy though. Is he the guy who hit 250 this year, or the guy who hit 216 the year before? I would want more for Cabrera, but I do think he should be moved.

Verlander isn't coming to NY, IMO. I'm ok with their rotation, Montas cant be that bad can he? I'm ok with Schmidt as a potential starter.
They need a catcher, a left fielder, lets hope not a right fielder, bullpen, and have to figure out 3B. Can't have Donaldson there in 2023, just cant.
FWIW - Murphy actually received MVP votes nd his performance was substantially better than the year before. Plus he threw out runners stealing at 32% I don't know, he's passed my eye test. I think he's really good.

If we acquire Verlander, and they almost did last year, you have two studs in the post season and would have the best starting rotation in baseball with Montas as your #5.

Wow - you guys are really down on Trevino. Not only did he win the gold glove - he won the platinum glove as the best defensive player in the AL. He hit a bit too. There aren’t many better than him. Who do you want instead?
I was just going to post basically the same thing. Even on the radio, Yank fans are down on him and want a catcher. I don’t get it.

Probably because he hit 4 home runs and only drove in 16 runs after the all star break. A little more pop would be nice I guess...but he handles the staff well.

deGrom to Rangers 5 yrs $185 mil... clearly went for the $$. Rangers aren't going to win dick...lucky if he lasts 5 yrs.What a joke...not bad for 82 wins in 9 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.