2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
To me ---- it completely obvious that Monty had nothing. He was continually getting in trouble and he left him in there.
Okay got it. So you wanted him to burn the bullpen with no off days for another week.

Jeez, this wasn't the seventh game of the World Series.

Besides sometimes a pitcher will figure it out and straighten things out.

Okay got it. So you wanted him to burn the bullpen with no off days for another week.

Jeez, this wasn't the seventh game of the World Series.

Besides sometimes a pitcher will figure it out and straighten things out.
there are 8 guys in the bullpen. You have a couple of long guys too. Unlikely you would burn out the pen. Most of the starters have been giving decent length recently too. I guess you are fine with losing games. Let's agree to disagree.

I hope last night wasn't a tease but the entire offense was aggressive and key hits were abundant. Andujar looked good last night (two line drive hits) except for an awkward catch in left field.

Assuming Torres starts tonight, not sure where or if Odor plays. Possible DH? He's a good player and made a great defensive play last night turning a double play and saving Taillon from further damage in the second inning.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I hope last night wasn't a tease but the entire offense was aggressive and key hits were abundant. Andujar looked good last night (two line drive hits) except for an awkward catch in left field.

Assuming Torres starts tonight, not sure where or if Odor plays. Possible DH? He's a good player and made a great defensive play last night turning a double play and saving Taillon from further damage in the second inning.
The way they rest players I see Oder getting a few starts a week.

If Andujar starts hitting I see Frazier taking a seat. I don't see him getting demoted because the outfield is thin.
I think they will live with Andujar learning left field on the fly if he hits like he did as a rookie.
Last night could really boost his confidence, he really looked like his old self.
Hopefully he is in the lineup tonight so he can continue what he started.

Status
Not open for further replies.