Why bother getting married in this day and age.

seems like they are summonsing Lucifer
Not to sound elitist in anyway but 6 figure aint what it used to be. Any schmuck with two brain cells can hustle and fluff his way into a 100k job after just a few years of college (or even without a degree these days). It depends where you live to, but assuming a major metro, mid 6 figs is the new 6 fig- ie. at least 300k-500k is the new 100k, sadly. And the bigger that number is, the more leeway on the dick/height categories.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Not to sound elitist in anyway but 6 figure aint what it used to be. Any schmuck with two brain cells can hustle and fluff his way into a 100k job after just a few years of college (or even without a degree these days).
Hard to sound like an elitist when you use "aint". Lol.
But given the whole post I see where you are coming from now.

Sometimes I just feel left out
Met an old acquaintance recently with whom I have not seen in a couple years- He is close to 50, average looking, makes a very healthy 6 figure income but not the sharpest tack on the board…

Last encounter, he has a GF, half his age and a looker—

She is gone, now he has another beauty who just turned 23- even better looking from the pictures he showed me..

She must like his $$ and presumably big dick

smh
Was going to say he eats a mean puss or he’s a tripod!

My understanding is girls dont care for dick size, i mean anything avg checks the box.
If anything, its: is he financially secure/stable? And does he treat me good/mentally stable/will he cheat on me? Some girls i know, mostly non asian get all curious and excited about dick size but it was never something they considered as a criteria for a keeper. If anything it makes them less likely to consider a big dick guy as husband materials but usually they only hear about it through their other slutty friends. Had one friend who told me her friend sent her a pic of a guy with a 9” dick and she met up with him for a hook up to satisfy her curiosity. Of course i could be wrong in my opinion/ limit experience of chatting with girls.

To the point of divorced guys remarrying - there is no one size fits all either.

Priorities and what you are looking for changes over time so what you are looking for will probably
be quite different in your 20s vs your 50s.

Kids are really what changes the situation. Once you have kids with a women - married or not-
the Kids have to be the priority no matter what. You will have some sort of relationship with her
for a long time whether you like it or not - good or bad.

To the point of divorced guys remarrying - there is no one size fits all either.

Priorities and what you are looking for changes over time so what you are looking for will probably
be quite different in your 20s vs your 50s.

Kids are really what changes the situation. Once you have kids with a women - married or not-
the Kids have to be the priority no matter what. You will have some sort of relationship with her
for a long time whether you like it or not - good or bad.
Yup agreed, kids complicate the shit out of it. At least for those who want to be involved in the kids lives. Ive heard so many nightmare stories and never heard of any truly amicable ones where kids were involved. The only winners are the attorneys.

For us gently used older mongers, it was a given back in the day :
Meet a girl ( of the same religion and race)
Date exclusively
Get married
Move in together only after marriage
Have kids
Live happily ever

Nowadays, anything goes

without going off topic here, I think the absence of many of those factors contributes to why many choose not to tie the knot

Not to sound elitist in anyway but 6 figure aint what it used to be. Any schmuck with two brain cells can hustle and fluff his way into a 100k job after just a few years of college (or even without a degree these days). It depends where you live to, but assuming a major metro, mid 6 figs is the new 6 fig- ie. at least 300k-500k is the new 100k, sadly. And the bigger that number is, the more leeway on the dick/height categories.
How many guys on UG do you think of making three to $500,000 a year

For men there is more downside than up.
As long as a man has a stable career and isn’t a Total jerk off = Nice guy so he can get women.
women’s stock declines over time. They will only be under 30 for so long, only be able to practically bare children and so on. How many bitter divorced women don’t get it, they want to complain about their Ex didn’t give them this and that and they think they are entitled to monetary compensation for giving up their best years, which IMHO they are not. Sad because if women shifted the narrative a bit there may be less divorces and happier marriages.
Is it true married guys live longer?

You'd be surprised. But I wouldn't call the guys between 100,000 and 299,999 schmucks like @Stockbroker did..
Please let me clarify - I wasnt calling ppl making under 300k schmucks, especially bc i would certainly fall deep into that category. What i said was, ‘any schmuck can make 100k when you live in a big city like nyc.’ Most college graduate salaries at any bank or major tech firm starts around 85-95k for back office, while front office, youre looking at 150-200k. And those who arent so fortunate can still find something junior requiring basic skills at 50k and flip jobs every 18 months for 25-30% bumps (assuming accumulate some skills and can talk a decent interview game) and theyll break 100k in a few years. Hence, @billyS when they say they want a man who makes 6 figures, adjusted for inflation nowadays, they probably mean 7 figures or high 6 figures.

How many guys on UG do you think of making three to $500,000 a year
but based on my reverse calc, the amount of guys who drop $20-25k per annum on the hobby are quite a few here and doing the math, thats ~$40-50k pre tax, and probably estimate 5-10% of gross income would be $400-800k. And there are guys here who drop $50-100k+. anyways hope i didnt offended anyone,or go too far off topic - apologies if i did.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I know a woman (a teacher) who made a bit more (his legal business was mostly off the books so it looked like he made less) than her husband and had to pay alimony to him.

There are also things called prenups that trump divorce courts.
Pre ups get successfully challenged all the time.

billyS

Reign of Terror
In the last few months I've heard a rather large number of complaints about boyfriends with big dicks.
Probably because those guys don't know how to use them.
Some guys think a girl will cum if you just absolutely pound her and they forget about foreplay.
The problem is made worst proportional to the dick size.

300k-500k I doubt is the new 100K plus anyone generating that kind of income lacks a lot of free time, thats a 24/7 salary

300k-500k I doubt is the new 100K plus anyone generating that kind of income lacks a lot of free time, thats a 24/7 salary
A bloomberg article came out recently that ranked best and worst cities based on cost of living on a $100k salary. And it showed that big metros like NYC LA SF, a $100k is the equivalent of ~$35k due to high real estate, taxes, cost of transportation etc etc. In NYC, When a 800sqft condo can cost $1.5M and half gallon organic milk costs $8, it hits your pockets hard, So I believe it. If I could, I would have certainly explored Vegas or Miami or texas, where 100k goes a lot further.