Favorite Deli Sandwich

I went to this sandwhich shop in Hauppauge called Capriottis last week. I got the American Wagyu Cheesesteak with Golden sauce. It was delicious! The large was also 18" hero, thing was massive. Thats their first LI location. Second LI location to open in Selden then they are headed out toward Nassau the gentleman behind the counter told me. Looked it up, they also have 2 locations in NYC. But keep an eye out for one. Definitely a sick sandwich shop!
Please keep us I mean me posted whenever they open up shop in NC hopefully sometime this year il keeping my fingers crossed and toes!

I had my first Jimmy John's experience today. Certainly not in the same league as a family run deli, but certainly a better experience than Subway which I detest due to cost/value of product. JJ's bread was very good, I went through a drive thru so ordered quickly as I had cars behind me. An 8" sub ran me $10.00. They offer a 16" as well. Not sure if I would go back as the sub was over 800 calories, but I was curious of the product because of the funny commercials featuring Brad Garrett.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I had my first Jimmy John's experience today. Certainly not in the same league as a family run deli, but certainly a better experience than Subway which I detest due to cost/value of product. JJ's bread was very good, I went through a drive thru so ordered quickly as I had cars behind me. An 8" sub ran me $10.00. They offer a 16" as well. Not sure if I would go back as the sub was over 800 calories, but I was curious of the product because of the funny commercials featuring Brad Garrett.
Where are they located?
Subway is pretty far down on the list because they precut and pre measure the meat and cheese so when you order it's just slapped on.
I stopped going to Subway years ago because their meat tends to be stale. Of those pre cut portions aren't used they just cover them up and use them the next day. I know this for sure because I know a woman who married a guy who had a Subway franchise and she worked with him in there.

Roast beef, fried eggplant, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, brown gravy, on a toasted garlic bread hero. Its my go to when i have a hangover. (Hot sandwich)

billyS

Reign of Terror
Roast beef, fried eggplant, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, brown gravy, on a toasted garlic bread hero. Its my go to when i have a hangover. (Hot sandwich)
That sounds amazing, some context though please (since you're not quoting a post).
Where do you get this sandwich?

Where are they located?
Subway is pretty far down on the list because they precut and pre measure the meat and cheese so when you order it's just slapped on.
I stopped going to Subway years ago because their meat tends to be stale. Of those pre cut portions aren't used they just cover them up and use them the next day. I know this for sure because I know a woman who married a guy who had a Subway franchise and she worked with him in there.
JJ’s - Norwalk, CT.

John Oliver did a segment about how bad Subway treats their franchise owners.

Where are they located?
I agree, Subway often has inferior ingredients, and could never match up to the authentic pride of a true sandwich-grinder-sub shop.

Having said that, I just put down a Subway egg salad sub a few moments ago.

It was tasty, especially in a foreign country, where an American taste is hard to come by and you are bored of the local cuisine.

I grew up eating Subway in Connecticut. My father’s friend, Fred DeLuca opened his first shop as Pete’s Subs, in Bridgeport, way back in the 60’s, and changed the name to Subway.

Back in the 70’s there was one across the street from my house.

It was really great because there was no limit on the amount of toppings you could pile on your sandwich. That was their schtick back then. That separated them from other fast foods. It was 99 cents.

Fred told my father back then that he is opening these sub stations all over the world. At that time, he had a couple of shops in Connecticut.

And then Jared Fogle skyrocketed their success by eating Subway as a mainstay and losing massive poundage.

Unfortunately, he traded addictions, and finds himself in the slammer.

billyS

Reign of Terror
If the model is same as dd you are pressured to open multiple shops in short time or else
But I've never seen a DD go out of business.
Heck, I've never walked into one and been the only customer. I have two within a half mile of my house and two more within a mile.

That's why I got the app and always order ahead of time, I can't stand waiting on line behind some fat ass ordering 100 doughnuts and picking each one individually.

But I digress. What does this have to do with deli sandwich's? It doesn't.
But their new Avocado, bacon, sundried tomatoes on toast is pretty good.

But I've never seen a DD go out of business.
Heck, I've never walked into one and been the only customer. I have two within a half mile of my house and two more within a mile.

That's why I got the app and always order ahead of time, I can't stand waiting on line behind some fat ass ordering 100 doughnuts and picking each one individually.

But I digress. What does this have to do with deli sandwich's? It doesn't.
But their new Avocado, bacon, sundried tomatoes on toast is pretty good.
They don’t go out of business they get squeezed out and force sale to another franchise. I digress. In such a high overhead corporate atmosphere the food will never be worthy.