Favorite Deli Sandwich

That sounds amazing, some context though please (since you're not quoting a post).
Where do you get this sandwich?
I get it at any deli i got to. I tell them exactly what i wrote. But so far the best place i found that makes it is Seaqua Deli in Seaford. I even ask for a little extra gravy on the side. I used to get it at Bright Bay Deli in Bay Shore, but they took it off the menu. But they will still make it if you ask for the Frank Sinatra. There are a few people that still work there that know what it is.

I don't think I have had Subway in like 7-8 years, they went downhill so fast. Quality just all went to shit, not that it was best quality to begin with. But it was passable at a time.

Jersey Mike's is a go to for me regarding any of these chains. Although I haven't been in months (really cut my cold cut and processed food in-take last 6 months) At least the meat is cut fresh to order, although the quality of the product they cutting is very low grade. It's better than a Subway. Plus Gota love the "Juice" and seeing Danny DeVito with his face pushed up against the plexiglass glass eye fucking a sub makes me chuckle.

Nothing beats an old school German or Italian style deli for me, (They're a dying breed, more the German style then Italian) .
But seeing all that "Real" food in the cases and the old school groceries on the shelf is nostalgic for me. These places knew how to do legit potato and macaroni salads, not the shit out of a bucket. Black Forest Pork Store in Huntington is a favorite for sure.

Times have 'dun changed 'fa show!

I don't think I have had Subway in like 7-8 years, they went downhill so fast. Quality just all went to shit, not that it was best quality to begin with. But it was passable at a time.

Jersey Mike's is a go to for me regarding any of these chains. Although I haven't been in months (really cut my cold cut and processed food in-take last 6 months) At least the meat is cut fresh to order, although the quality of the product they cutting is very low grade. It's better than a Subway. Plus Gota love the "Juice" and seeing Danny DeVito with his face pushed up against the plexiglass glass eye fucking a sub makes me chuckle.

Nothing beats an old school German or Italian style deli for me, (They're a dying breed, more the German style then Italian) .
But seeing all that "Real" food in the cases and the old school groceries on the shelf is nostalgic for me. These places knew how to do legit potato and macaroni salads, not the shit out of a bucket. Black Forest Pork Store in Huntington is a favorite for sure.

Times have 'dun changed 'fa show!
Places like Giordanos on AveX are gone forever. The kids grew up and didn’t want to do this anymore. The Igram presence has kept some good places in Brooklyn on the map.

I remember the first and last time I had that $5 foot long and something about the chicken wasn’t right. Not a real breast. It was some kind of artificial genetically modified mc nugget. Texture was just so wrong. Never ever again
I don’t doubt your assessment @Bricktop, because of your vast experience and knowledge of “breasts.” (LOL)

Subway has not only gone down hill but they continue to change and get rid of menu items that they have had forever. I have a couple of go to sandwiches at Subway that I crave once in a while. But everytime I end up going they got rid of something I enjoyed. They changed the "chipotle southwest" sauce to "baja southwest"- completely different taste. Then last time they told me they discontinued the brown mustard and the sweet peppers, messed up my whole sandwich. I know they change things to try and attract new customers but it also at times can hurt the business by turning off existing customers.

Then everytime I pay and start eating I'm reminded how I could have gotten a way better quality sandwich from a deli, for the same price.

Jersey Mike's is decent but if you get a giant you are easily dropping around $18 on a sandwich.

Subway has not only gone down hill but they continue to change and get rid of menu items that they have had forever. I have a couple of go to sandwiches at Subway that I crave once in a while. But everytime I end up going they got rid of something I enjoyed. They changed the "chipotle southwest" sauce to "baja southwest"- completely different taste. Then last time they told me they discontinued the brown mustard and the sweet peppers, messed up my whole sandwich. I know they change things to try and attract new customers but it also at times can hurt the business by turning off existing customers.

Then everytime I pay and start eating I'm reminded how I could have gotten a way better quality sandwich from a deli, for the same price.

Jersey Mike's is decent but if you get a giant you are easily dropping around $18 on a sandwich.
How much sodium do you figure is in that $18 Nitrate bomb?

billyS

Reign of Terror

I agree with a lot of points here.
No sweet peppers is a deal breaker for me, that was one of the attractions to their sandwichs.

I agree you have to keep adding new things to build a new base of customers but if you delete other items and loose customers isn't that a net 0?
It's like pizza places constantly coming up with different toppings to attract Gen z or whatever the next generation is, but sometimes people want pepperoni on a pizza not chipotle pineapple.

Jersey Mike's is expensive but then again one of my go to subs at the Freeport deli is up to $14.99. I just realized it the other day when a $20 bill didn't cover my drink, chips and sandwich.

Had a pretty good French Dip the other day from Charlie's Butcher in Oceanside. Across the street at Farmer Joel's the Herman Munster with bacon is my favorite. And across the street in the other direction is Sons of a Butcher, where I get all my meats.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Had a pretty good French Dip the other day from Charlie's Butcher in Oceanside. Across the street at Farmer Joel's the Herman Munster with bacon is my favorite. And across the street in the other direction is Sons of a Butcher, where I get all my meats.
Any parking around there?

New country deli in Syosset. Robins lane exit 42a off the LIE is great. Everything is delicious, portions are generous and prices are the best around. I used to eat there all the time back in the day, it was called something different than. I would highly recommend if you are out that way.

Hope you have had Brennan and Carr's french dip. much more than pretty good imho

I agree with a lot of points here.
No sweet peppers is a deal breaker for me, that was one of the attractions to their sandwichs.

I agree you have to keep adding new things to build a new base of customers but if you delete other items and loose customers isn't that a net 0?
It's like pizza places constantly coming up with different toppings to attract Gen z or whatever the next generation is, but sometimes people want pepperoni on a pizza not chipotle pineapple.

Jersey Mike's is expensive but then again one of my go to subs at the Freeport deli is up to $14.99. I just realized it the other day when a $20 bill didn't cover my drink, chips and sandwich.
Sal Kris and Charlie's in Astoria. Under 13 for a Italian or american combo that will blow away every single deli on long island 5 fold easily.
Despise the food and their prices on long islamd. Piss poor pizza is 20 plus a pie ( by me its 30 plus)I can get a difara pie for 35 one of the best in thebl county or head to CT for a 20 dollar pie which is the best in the country or eat shit pizza for the same if not more smh.

billyS

Reign of Terror
New country deli in Syosset. Robins lane exit 42a off the LIE is great. Everything is delicious, portions are generous and prices are the best around. I used to eat there all the time back in the day, it was called something different than. I would highly recommend if you are out that way.
I've gotten sandwiches there and I agree.
In fact the first time I had roast beef and Cole slaw was there.

In fact I would use that deli when heading over to the Meadowbrook Motor lodge

It's over by Bev Francis where one of your SA scores works out.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Sal Kris and Charlie's in Astoria. Under 13 for a Italian or american combo that will blow away every single deli on long island 5 fold easily.
Despise the food and their prices on long islamd. Piss poor pizza is 20 plus a pie ( by me its 30 plus)I can get a difara pie for 35 one of the best in thebl county or head to CT for a 20 dollar pie which is the best in the country or eat shit pizza for the same if not more smh.
Well your opinion of LI food being "piss poor" to totally subjective.

But price wise I'd agree with you. There is a deli in Briarwood, Green Valley, that has really good sandwiches, panini's and burgers for amazing low prices. I can order two sandwiches or paninis, both coming with a small bag of chips and have them delivered and even with a tip it's under $20.
As opposed to what I just wrote above about the Freeport deli.

They do have lots of regulars especially from the school and hospital. Haven't notice line skipping, the only problem I have is figuring which register is open. They changed ownership like 2 yrs ago. The previous owner was a buddy of mine since high school. He passed away earlier this year.