Favorite Deli Sandwich

billyS

Reign of Terror
This week had The Godfather at @billyS spot - Atlantic Deli in Freeport. I have a nice cold cut hero maybe once a month and since he told me about it this place has been my go to. There are not many straight forward good old school deli’s left this is one of them.
My other deli when im in the Farmingdale area is Petes Deli.
Holy shit, I had the Godfather yesterday!

I wanted to switch it up and went with the cold sub yesterday.

If you're ever there in the morning I recommend the 'double mess' sandwich, if you're really hungry go with the 'triple mess'.

Also the Sandwich I recommended, the Southern Comfort, the guy has been making it for me with a chipotle mayo. Excellent!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Happen to agree-
The Philly cheesesteak is excellent-

Can’t imagine it’s a very healthy option
I like Jersey Mike's, closest thing to the old Manhattan version of Blimpies, but I tried their Philly cheese steak and I was disappointed.
Tried it at the Freeport place as I watched mongers going in and out of the AMP across the street.

Maybe because I'm picky about my philly cheese steaks but I thought the bread was stale.

Holy shit, I had the Godfather yesterday!

I wanted to switch it up and went with the cold sub yesterday.

If you're ever there in the morning I recommend the 'double mess' sandwich, if you're really hungry go with the 'triple mess'.

Also the Sandwich I recommended, the Southern Comfort, the guy has been making it for me with a chipotle mayo. Excellent!
Sounds great!

Blimpies vs. Subway

I like Jersey Mike's, closest thing to the old Manhattan version of Blimpies, but I tried their Philly cheese steak and I was disappointed.
Tried it at the Freeport place as I watched mongers going in and out of the AMP across the street.

Maybe because I'm picky about my philly cheese steaks but I thought the bread was stale.
Yep- Stale bread can make all the difference in a good hero

Not a first choice go to, but when I get a hero at Subway, and their bread is fresh out of the oven, the sandwiches can be good—
Can be very inconsistent though

billyS

Reign of Terror
Blimpies vs. Subway

Yep- Stale bread can make all the difference in a good hero

Not a first choice go to, but when I get a hero at Subway, and their bread is fresh out of the oven, the sandwiches can be good—
Can be very inconsistent though
Subway went downhill a long time ago.
The problem with them is their meat is stale, it sits in precut portions under the counter where as Jersey Mike's meat is cut like a deli,
as you order the sandwich.
Also anytime I had a hot sub from Subway it was a huge disappointment. Again pre-packaged reheated meat.

I would go with Jersey Mike's over Subway anytime. The only bad experience was the Philly cheese steak.

billyS

Reign of Terror
missed each other by a day!

I am amazed there is still a blimpies in East Meadow
When I was a kid our parents used to take us to the Blimpies by Rockefeller Center.
From our seats we could see that topless place that advertised "topless waitresses".
The same place that was featured in the closing credits of the Odd Couple where Oscar would try to peer in and Felix would pull him away.

Happen to agree-
The Philly cheesesteak is excellent-

Can’t imagine it’s a very healthy option
I found their Philly too be salty, maybe just the person who made it.
But I will crush a number 2 or number 7 from them any day. There products are cut in front of you and fresh. Shit from subway is literally pre cut and out of a bag. Can't be good. I haven't been to subway in a decade, they went downhill long time ago.

I had a dope meal at a place in RVC over the weekend it was a 'chopped cheese' in some diner. Place was fucking packed. Sandwich was all prime rib, melted in my mouth. My girl had a brunch thing and she devoured it. Chopped Cheese was on point.

missed each other by a day!

I am amazed there is still a blimpies in East Meadow
Only Blimpies I remember was the one on NY Ave in Huntington Station, many many moons ago. I think it was an Arthur Treachers prior to that, and it became a Blimpies. Either way, was never busy, and now is a Taco Bell I think.

Quiznos was the best. Remember they had that prime rib hero? I don't know why they went out of business, I loved their toasty sandwiches.
I think they went out of business after those weird commercials came out with those rat looking creatures that would sing in a creepy voice. It was a BAD marketing campaign....

billyS

Reign of Terror
I found their Philly too be salty, maybe just the person who made it.
But I will crush a number 2 or number 7 from them any day. There products are cut in front of you and fresh. Shit from subway is literally pre cut and out of a bag. Can't be good. I haven't been to subway in a decade, they went downhill long time ago.

I had a dope meal at a place in RVC over the weekend it was a 'chopped cheese' in some diner. Place was fucking packed. Sandwich was all prime rib, melted in my mouth. My girl had a brunch thing and she devoured it. Chopped Cheese was on point.
Was it the Golden Reef on Sunrise Highway?