Favorite Deli Sandwich

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Yays or Nays for Chick fil A

I see no reason how those can justify standing in line for what imho is a average sandwich
If you’re ever sick, they have the best chicken noodle soup on the planet.

Chick fil A is worth the wait for 1 main reason - your chances of your order being wrong are very slim. Their expectations of their employees and staff are very high. And it shows. Service is always friendly. consistency and efficiency are way above average !

I see no reason how those can justify standing in line for what imho is a average sandwich
The lines move incredibly incredibly fast. Whether I’m in the city or the drive through one by the hotel that shall remain nameless. Never waited more than 5-7 minutes

And I’ve seen them make those shakes. Real vanilla ice cream. No powder. Who else does this today?

A pastrami on rye and a knish at Sarge's on Third Ave. Always been one of my favs. [I still owe Slinky for intro'ing me to that place. Up until then I was all about Katz', which is still good, but Sarge's was better, bigger menu and at a better price as well, and you can sit down to eat... which you can almost never do at Katz']

A pastrami on rye and a knish at Sarge's on Third Ave. Always been one of my favs. [I still owe Slinky for intro'ing me to that place. Up until then I was all about Katz', which is still good, but Sarge's was better, bigger menu and at a better price as well, and you can sit down to eat... which you can almost never do at Katz']
If you’re near little Italy, Parisi’s on Mott has an excellent Italian chicken cutlet hero.

Personally I love the pastrami on rye at Katz. The way they make it in front of you and give you a sampling. Just love the experience even if it has become very tourist like. I will have to check out some of these other suggestions on here tho. I do always like a good reuben or chicken cutlet hero around the island.

TJ’s hero in Mastic Beach (believe they also have another location in Patchogue)

Was out in the area visiting a friend and was recommended this place. Did not expect much being the town it was in but it was probably one of the better sandwiches ive ever had on the island. The place is really nice as well.

a Giant wall of custom sandwiches and i went a sandwich called the ‘b52 bomber’ which was a really tasty and well made version of a philly cheesesteak.

highly recommend!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Although not a deli, I have to admit that sometimes Jersey Mike's hits the spot.
I used to love them but some locations are starting to slip.

The Freeport location might have had some of it's business syphoned off by opening one in Oceanside, so they are not as busy.
The result being stale bread sometimes, a big turnoff.

One note about the Freeport location; if I'm in the area and want to grab a quick lunch I like sitting by the window and watch the mongers going in and out of the AMP across the street.
It hasn't been reviewed in a while but looks busy.

https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/42e-merrick-road-freeport-929-253-8222.55562/

Another note; if the Atlantic Deli a few blocks away is open it's a better option.

I’m a very big fan of a good veal cutlet parmigiana hero. But it’s a delicacy not many Italian eateries cater to. And to find it in a deli is next to impossible. But I did find a place recently, it’s a little pizzeria in Lindenhurst called Dominick’s. Not bad at all. Since I found it, I’ve ordered 3 veal parm heroes this month from them.

It’s like finding a good looking , willing and able SW who hangs around the same street corner every day. You know she’s there, and the temptation is to great to resist.

I’m a very big fan of a good veal cutlet parmigiana hero. But it’s a delicacy not many Italian eateries cater to. And to find it in a deli is next to impossible. But I did find a place recently, it’s a little pizzeria in Lindenhurst called Dominick’s. Not bad at all. Since I found it, I’ve ordered 3 veal parm heroes this month from them.

It’s like finding a good looking , willing and able SW who hangs around the same street corner every day. You know she’s there, and the temptation is to great to resist.
Great hero but few get it right these days.

This week had The Godfather at @billyS spot - Atlantic Deli in Freeport. I have a nice cold cut hero maybe once a month and since he told me about it this place has been my go to. There are not many straight forward good old school deli’s left this is one of them.
My other deli when im in the Farmingdale area is Petes Deli.