Topless bars of yesteryear we miss

With John past it’s going to be very hard for someone else to carry it on unless someone else was involved as a part owner. They changed the laws for strip clubs on the island around 8-10 years ago to mess with one of its owners from expanding.
clubs that were grandfathered in were fine, but anyone looking to buy out, or inherit would have issues. Especially in terms of both cabaret and liquor licenses, as well as the re zoning of what these clubs could be around.

Club NYC in Woodside I heard is now open. I remember going there around when they first opened back in 2012/13 I believe. The girls were HOT and extremely accommodating in the VIP rooms. It was difficult choosing that’s how many honeys they had. I was having my way with some gorgeous girls but the prices always fluctuated depending on the girl. Some asked for $$$ for anything you wanted, and this one time on Valentine’s Day this cute Russian one told me to just give her $100 because she didn’t have a date. I even had takeout from there from this young black girl who’s ass was from the gods but resembled Alfalfa. She was a sweetheart though and we had some good times “in and out” of the club. I stopped going because I got involved with someone and when I went back a few years later the quality of talent had changed. They went from dimes to nickels with the occasional cutie. I’ve been tempted to go check it out. Wonder if anyone has any Intel.

Soon all the smaller places will be gone in Nassau. There are none that I know of but I think there maybe one on hempstead Tpk in Hempstead. "A Taste of HOney" ... is that it? There may be others but I don't know of any more.

Scouted this place out a few times. Cheap cover of $5, some decent looking dancers, but lap dances are terrible. Similar to Carousel in that there is no touching allowed. I'm getting tired of these bar only strip clubs. Other than Gossip it seems that all of these clubs are just a bar with no other lounging area. I'm not as happy with this type of set up.
I bet you're a young guy because when Long Island had a decent amount of strip clubs they were all bars. Then in the 90's Cafe Royale (Mirage) opened and was an upgrade and in the late 90's Gossip opened and brought that NYC corporate style strip club to LI. That time coincided with the best looking strippers LI ever had, whereas right now could be the worst. Which is probably why your not happy. Settings don't matter to me. Whether I'm in a nice glitzy club or a shithole the only thing that matters to me is the quality of the girls.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I bet you're a young guy because when Long Island had a decent amount of strip clubs they were all bars. Then in the 90's Cafe Royale (Mirage) opened and was an upgrade and in the late 90's Gossip opened and brought that NYC corporate style strip club to LI. That time coincided with the best looking strippers LI ever had, whereas right now could be the worst. Which is probably why your not happy. Settings don't matter to me. Whether I'm in a nice glitzy club or a shithole the only thing that matters to me is the quality of the girls.
True, in the 70's and 80's we didn't have "clubs" we had topless bars.

We didn't have lap dances the girls as actually danced on stage topless to earn their tips.

Totally different vibe.

I was a child in the 90s so I don't know much about the strip clubs then. I like the vibe and club scene at Gossip but it doesn't have to even be that much of an upscale club. Even the Scene, Oasis, and the Crazy Diamond (are any of these even still open?) had the stages separate from the bar.

Even the Scene, Oasis, and the Crazy Diamond (are any of these even still open?) had the stages separate from the bar.
Oasis went out on kind of a forced order by the county and was bought out. The Scene was one of my favorite clubs on the island - its location, setup and the girls. Not really sure what is going on with it but at this time it is closed. The building is still the scene and nothing is being done with it.

gaslight & gentleman’s quarters come to mind of being my favorites that had a separate area from the stage. I think it’s off putting and with the stage behind the bar - however that’s what gets the girls tips. From a business standpoint it only makes sense and keeps out cheap dudes. I mean you are at a a strip club after all.

gaslight & gentleman’s quarters come to mind of being my favorites that had a separate area from the stage. I think it’s off putting and with the stage behind the bar - however that’s what gets the girls tips. From a business standpoint it only makes sense and keeps out cheap dudes. I mean you are at a a strip club after all.
If that's the case then just charge a cover to get in. That's what the Scene did, it's what Gossip does, etc. It feels weird charging a cover at Blush when it's the same bar style strip club as Carousel which has no cover. I'm not a cheap guy so I'm happy to pay a $20 cover to get into a nicer club that isn't just a round bar with a pole in the middle. I know a lot of guys on here wouldn't agree with me but we're all different.