2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland change their name to the guardians, what a stupid name, almost as dumb as the Washington football team.. Anybody could’ve came up with a better name than that.
How about the other shitty baseball team in Ohio. :)
Heyyy I don't cast aspursions at my Cincy Red-stockings. What did they ever do to you?
FYI That's what the "Reds" is short for. So No issues for us with the indigenous.

I have been hoping they would go after Robbie Ray. I would have to say that if they strike out on any top tier pitching it will be a disappointing offseason. Their strategy couldn't possibly to NOT sign a #1 or #2 starter. Right now - Cole, Severino, Monty, Cortes, Taillon/Gil??? Maybe Michael King? German?

PLus they need to get one of these shortstops.

I have been hoping they would go after Robbie Ray. I would have to say that if they strike out on any top tier pitching it will be a disappointing offseason. Their strategy couldn't possibly to NOT sign a #1 or #2 starter. Right now - Cole, Severino, Monty, Cortes, Taillon/Gil??? Maybe Michael King? German?

Not a Ray fan, I think he peaked last year in his contract year nonetheless.
Maybe they making a last ditch effort for Scherzer?

I like King a lot, he has great stuff. I like him more in the pen, back end.

I would trade Cortes while his value is sky high. The league will figure him out.

With any luck we get Mullins and Olsen

Time for Cash to start moving these assets.

billyS

Reign of Terror
With any luck we get Mullins and Olsen

Time for Cash to start moving these assets.
Love Mullins. He's Mickey Rivers with power.
He's the same age and same stage of his career as Rivers when the Yankees got him from California.

Olsen is also a perfect fit.

Shit, those two plus Seager and all of the sudden you have a balanced lineup.

Then sign Scherzer for six years $50 million a year, give Ray ten years for $45 million a year.

Trade Sanchez to the Reds for Castillo.

Then at least we can compete next year.

Ray signed with Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.