Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

I'll go to my grave without a Covid shot.
Maybe you will.

Or maybe you will be like a 28 year, normal weight and fit person I know who ended up with inflamed heart and debilitating headaches. Headaches were so bad she went to ER (this was at beginning of COVID pandemic) where they gave her an MRI to investigate. She also had a COVID test and when results came bad (took couple of days then) she had COVID. She was bedridden for couple of months and a year later can barely walk to the bathroom w/o being exhausted.

Or maybe you will just get mild flu like symptoms for a couple of days.

I'll Already been at deaths door from booze and drugs, .......
Yeah, just the kind of person that should be giving medical advice as to the dangers of the vaccine.

Can anyone tell me of a disease/virus/sickness that you can still get after you had the vaccine? People getting and transmitting Covid despite having the vaccine doesn’t seem right to me. I thought once you get a vaccine for something, that meant you were immune to that said something.

Any help would be appreciated

Can anyone tell me of a disease/virus/sickness that you can still get after you had the vaccine? People getting and transmitting Covid despite having the vaccine doesn’t seem right to me. I thought once you get a vaccine for something, that meant you were immune to that said something.

Who knows, everyday it's a different story. At first it was your immune, then it was you can still catch it and spread it but you will be asymptomatic. Now today I see in England 40% of hospitalizations are people who are vaccinated.

Not necessarily….
No medical expert here, but take the flu for example… Well documented that the vaccine will not prevent influenza, should one contract it, the symptoms and severity of illness may not be as severe when compared to someone who has not received the vaccine.
I am sure there are other vaccines that behave similarly…

Who knows, everyday it's a different story. At first it was your immune, then it was you can still catch it and spread it but you will be asymptomatic. Now today I see in England 40% of hospitalizations are people who are vaccinated.
Hey, can you post a link to where you read that 40 percent of hospitalizations info?

Looks to me that you misread the statistic; the story I saw said "cases in vaccinated people rose by 40%." which can be a very small percentage of total number of people hospitalized. Note that those with only 1 dose of the 2 dose vaccines are included in the vaccinated category.

For example if you have a bag of 1000 marbles and 990 of them are red and 10 are blue and you put another 4 blue ones in the bag, the percentage increase of blue is 40%; but there still is a very small percentage of blue out of the total.

Getting back to COVID:

According to figures from Public Health England (PHE), one dose of AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine reduced the risk of catching mild symptoms of COVID-19 by 35%.
However, even one dose of vaccine protects against the more severe risk of COVID-19, reducing the risk of hospitalization by 80%.
Two doses of vaccine were much more protective, reducing the risk of having mild symptoms of the disease by about 80%, and the risk of hospitalization by 96%,

This doesn’t happen frequently. The results are still better than if you did not get the shot. The body is an amazing thing and everyone is different.

Learn something new every day. At least we will be better prepared for the next one

Which means 40% are vaccinated, thus my original comment.
I see your correct logic and indeed 60 percent are unvaccinated. However it's not that simple (never is). the definition of unvaccinated they are using is that of people with no shots and those with 1 out of the 2 shots and those with 2 shots and less than 2 weeks from the 2nd shot lumped into the vaccinated category.

As I recall from my Moderna shot it was only partly effective after the 1st shot ( 0% effective right after you got the 1st shot and gradually increasing to 50% 4 weeks later) and the full efficacy of 95% didn't happen until after 2 weeks after the 2nd shot.

So the real question (in my thinking anyway) is what % of those hospitalized had both shots plus 2 weeks.

Ps I didn't think unvaccinated is a word. Should't it be you are vaccinated or you are not vaccinated?

We need to watch these numbers from England. 60% and 40% is pretty close, only 10% away from 50/50 which would tell me that the vaccines are useless. I would sleep better if it was 90% to 10% then you would know the vaccines are highly effective.

Small pox, polio, measles, etc. You get the vaccine and "break through" infections are extremely rare, almost zero. The Flu is different. The Flu vaccine is based on a guess on which Flu will be the big hitter in a given year. Guess wrong and the Flu vaccine that year is useless. Guess right and it is very effective against that flu, but there is usually more than one Flu running around and you can catch one of the others. These vaccines have been around for decades and have had many many years to be tweaked and perfected.

COVID is new and like nothing we've seen before. The COVID vaccines are our first attempt. While effective, it is not going to be perfect or as refined as the ones that have been around for 50 years. While COVID break through infections are low, they are still higher than any other of the things we vaccinate for. Which is why it makes the news. This will be a long process of study and constant refinements. I am sure there will come a time when COVID will be no more troublesome than the Flu.

Let's not worry about England. I just heard on CBS news that Florida is suffering a substantial covax uptick, but 95% of hospitalizations are unvaxed !
Agreed, I'm not terribly concerned about England, but I am concerned about what's happening here. Surging cases in the south. It's been reported that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths are among the unvaccinated along with 97% of all hospitalizations.

I don't understand why the masks rule was lessened / stopped knowing that the virus is still out there and that the VAX is only 65-70% affective against. With not much clinical study on the effects of the VAX and the variant, why remove the mask? Now is NOT the time for local gov't to feel pressure from the public to let go of the mask rule. As long as you allow people to have fun and make money, should wearing a mask really be an issue?

I actually have gotten used to it and don't mind it, plus it hides my triple chins. If there were only masks for the midsection that made me look more svelte. A cat can dream....

Seriously, stay safe out there gents!

I don't understand why the masks rule was lessened / stopped knowing that the virus is still out there and that the VAX is only 65-70% affective against. With not much clinical study on the effects of the VAX and the variant, why remove the mask? Now is NOT the time for local gov't to feel pressure from the public to let go of the mask rule. As long as you allow people to have fun and make money, should wearing a mask really be an issue?

I actually have gotten used to it and don't mind it, plus it hides my triple chins. If there were only masks for the midsection that made me look more svelte. A cat can dream....

Seriously, stay safe out there gents!
Bc the regular mask that everyone uses are useless. Fauci said it and emailed it himself. The cdc stats are even more useless.

I went into the hospital 6 weeks after recovering from covid for gallbladder. The tested me for Covid per protocol somehow got a positive test with no symptoms.

So for a gallbladder procedure I’m adding to the covid statistics after already recovering.
Who knows if the test was even really positive. The hospital could be just saying that to collect $$$. I was supposed to be $1k out of pocket for the procedure but ended up being fully covered under covid. Not complaining but if the hospital isn’t billing me that means they made out like bandits.