Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

I've had both my shots, the second one being a week ago. I'm going to continue to wear my mask until about Thanksgiving, I would think. Not because I'm afraid of contracting Covid, but because I don't want the "how DARE YOU not wear a mask in public?" looks. Besides, after a year or so of wearing the mask, I'm used to it. I don't wear it in the car, unless I'm with someone who I don't know has had their shots. When I go hiking, I take my mask off and only put it on when I see I'm going to be passing someone fairly close.

And if anyone asks why I continue to wear my mask, I'll just tell them that I have really bad breath.

billyS

Reign of Terror
To mask or not to mask..
Just curious to know how many of you are continuing to wear masks while entering those stores and venues that the CDC or State Governments do not require ...
I for one do not- Unless clearly posted or asked to
Not a bad topic but let's leave out the judgemental shit.
I see that only heading to where I'm going to have to delete a bunch of posts.

I've had both my shots, the second one being a week ago. I'm going to continue to wear my mask until about Thanksgiving, I would think. Not because I'm afraid of contracting Covid, but because I don't want the "how DARE YOU not wear a mask in public?" looks. Besides, after a year or so of wearing the mask, I'm used to it. I don't wear it in the car, unless I'm with someone who I don't know has had their shots. When I go hiking, I take my mask off and only put it on when I see I'm going to be passing someone fairly close.

And if anyone asks why I continue to wear my mask, I'll just tell them that I have really bad breath.
Any side effects after the second shot? Getting my second shot June 9

Personal experience and from speaking with others—
A bit lethargic for a day or so after receiving the 2nd dose. I do know of some people that ran a very mild fever and had the chills - Similiar feeling I’m told after a bad sunburn. A couple of Tylenol and good as new the next day

Personal experience and from speaking with others—
A bit lethargic for a day or so after receiving the 2nd dose. I do know of some people that ran a very mild fever and had the chills - Similiar feeling I’m told after a bad sunburn. A couple of Tylenol and good as new the next day
I am getting it in the morning and already put in too take the next day off from work just in case I feel like crap.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Side effects of Covid vaccines are unknown due to there being no trials and incomplete data, you're going into uncharted waters. Experimental gene therapy could rewrite your genetic code and make procreation a hum dinger!

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Good news, hybrid strains of Covid are popping up constantly, the latest being the Indian and U.K. strains hybrid! Biological warfare agent on the lose now and it looks like masks 4ever and yearly booster vaccinations!

I'm not wearing mine. If a business requires it to enter then I will. Close to 60% of NY adults have been vaccinated but everywhere I go whether it's the gym, store, restaurant, I would say 90+% of people are still wearing theirs. To each their own but I hate the fuck'in things.

same sore arm at the shot site for a day or two (pushups really helps 1st thing in the morning). I had Moderna; other than sore arm little side effects after 1st shot; with 2nd shot, day after, felt like I had little energy and just hung around the house; ok after 2nd day other than typical sore arm. Many people I talked to said they had similar experience after 2nd shot. It's no big deal and the relief you get knowing that you can monger again, be with friends, restaurants, etc. and most importantly IMHO, not be concerned that if you visit your elderly parents or grandparents you could infect them and be responsible for their death.

Side effects of Covid vaccines are unknown due to there being no trials and incomplete data, you're going into uncharted waters. Experimental gene therapy could rewrite your genetic code and make procreation a hum dinger!
I know of several people who went into charted waters, i.e., death — happens to everyone eventually, from the virus.

same sore arm at the shot site for a day or two (pushups really helps 1st thing in the morning). I had Moderna; other than sore arm little side effects after 1st shot; with 2nd shot, day after, felt like I had little energy and just hung around the house; ok after 2nd day other than typical sore arm. Many people I talked to said they had similar experience after 2nd shot. It's no big deal and the relief you get knowing that you can monger again, be with friends, restaurants, etc. and most importantly IMHO, not be concerned that if you visit your elderly parents or grandparents you could infect them and be responsible for their death.
Thanks!

The people who check you out at the grocery store or any frontline person working indoors will appreciate you wearing a mask. I'm on the team to help others, and I do not view it as much of a burden regarding putting on a mask. I do not wear one when walking outside, unless the streets are crowded.