Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Billions of dollars spent on developing the vaccine in record time with global participation and cooperation.

Ad running on TV lately promotes a new cancer cocktail that may prolong life by 2-3 months when compared to traditional chemotherapy ( as small print suggests).. The ten of millions of dollars spent to promote and develop this. advertising it! - Invest the money distributing to the not so fortunate !!

One of the points I am trying to convey- The health care system is broken-
Profits, greed..
I do believe that of the same time effort and money were spent to to find a cure cancer for example, it would happen

Sorry, but sometimes a post just rubs me the wrong way.

Genius is stepping up on his soap box.

Billions of dollars spent on developing the vaccine in record time with global participation and cooperation.

Ad running on TV lately promotes a new cancer cocktail that may prolong life by 2-3 months when compared to traditional chemotherapy ( as small print suggests) The ten of millions of dollars spent to promote and develop this. advertising it! - Invest the money distributing to the not so fortunate !!
If your talking about Verenzio, about $12K/mo buys about 7 months additional survival rate. Besides the $ cost there are some major side effects.

IMHO, perhaps women who have the drug available to them may have a different point of view than you do as to whether "The ten of millions of dollars spent " to promote and develop this. advertising it!" and whether they would rather see the have seen the company "Invest the money distributing to the not so fortunate !!"
Just sayin

One of the points I am trying to convey- The health care system is broken-
Profits, greed..
your terminology (and not mine) of Profits and greed is, IMHO, what built this country into the greatest county in the world with people from elsewhere literally risking life and limb just for the opportunity to be part of it.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the USSR and East Berlin, but leaders of their society forbid "profit and greed" — but for some reason had to build a wall, not to limit too many people to share in such a utopia, but to try and prevent their citizens from escaping it. They had armed guards on the wall and actually shot and killed those climbing over it. Go figure.

Again, just sayin
I do believe that of the same time effort and money were spent to find a cure cancer for example, it would happen
Right now (and in past decades) there are many really smart people investing their careers and billions of $ being invested to "cure cancer" The problem, of course, is that there is not one type of cancer to cure. Many types have already obtained a very high cure rate (childhood leukemia comes to mind) and even better catching it before it even starts such as colon cancer.

And now we have a remarkable new method of producing vaccines, that instead of trying to guess a year in advance what strains of virus will occur, the new method can be adjusted quickly and made available as soon as new strains are identified.

There will be new plagues in the future, unfortunately sooner rather than later, and we will be able to deal with them.

Genius is now stepping down from his soap box.

Sorry, but sometimes a post just rubs me the wrong way.

Genius is stepping up on his soap box.

If your talking about Verenzio, about $12K/mo buys about 7 months additional survival rate. Besides the $ cost there are some major side effects.

IMHO, perhaps women who have the drug available to them may have a different point of view than you do as to whether "The ten of millions of dollars spent " to promote and develop this. advertising it!" and whether they would rather see the have seen the company "Invest the money distributing to the not so fortunate !!"
Just sayin

your terminology (and not mine) of Profits and greed is, IMHO, what built this country into the greatest county in the world with people from elsewhere literally risking life and limb just for the opportunity to be part of it.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the USSR and East Berlin, but leaders of their society forbid "profit and greed" — but for some reason had to build a wall, not to limit too many people to share in such a utopia, but to try and prevent their citizens from escaping it. They had armed guards on the wall and actually shot and killed those climbing over it. Go figure.

Again, just sayin
Right now (and in past decades) there are many really smart people investing their careers and billions of $ being invested to "cure cancer" The problem, of course, is that there is not one type of cancer to cure. Many types have already obtained a very high cure rate (childhood leukemia comes to mind) and even better catching it before it even starts such as colon cancer.

And now we have a remarkable new method of producing vaccines, that instead of trying to guess a year in advance what strains of virus will occur, the new method can be adjusted quickly and made available as soon as new strains are identified.

There will be new plagues in the future, unfortunately sooner rather than later, and we will be able to deal with them.

Genius is now stepping down from his soap box.
Certainly don’t mind the soap box!!

what irks me...

“If your talking about Verenzio, about $12K/mo buys about 7 months additional survival rate.”

12 k per month!!! Of course one cannot put a price on life, and I do not want to delve to deep into this but if it were I, and had to spend the last 100k of my savings to add months to my life as opposed to going to the other side or giving it to family, the latter would be the choice....

What I was also trying to say in previous post.. The ad was targeted of course to those suffering from a severe lung cancer. I would think that if they are receiving care from a competent oncologist the Dr. would be in the know, as opposed to the person sitting on the couch seeing this and and picking up the phone asking for these meds..

Ty for your feedback :)

Just started reading Walter Isaacson's book "The Code Breaker". It's about the woman who helped develop the technology of gene editing and the science itself. Basically we are close to the ability to play God. With this CRISPR technology which was used to make the vaccines, diseases will become a thing of the past. It also opens up a host of ethical question such as designer babies, extremely long lifespans and creating more inequality between rich and poor. So far it's a good read as are all of Isaacson's books.

.....12 k per month!!! Of course one cannot put a price on life, and I do not want to delve to deep into this but if it were I, and had to spend the last 100k of my savings to add months to my life as opposed to going to the other side or giving it to family, the latter would be the choice....

Ty for your feedback :)
Sure.

However even though you are sitting here not in danger of imminent death (I assume) and as I believe I have at least more than a few more years before the final curtain, no one really knows how they will react in such circumstances, i.e., paying a lot of $ for 6 more months.

If you are absolutely sure, I will tip my hat to you as you are a better man than I.

Pregnant women are at higher risk for serious illness vs non pregnant women. Clear?
I agree, cause of some limitations on medications for pregnant women, they are at a slightly higher risk if they contract a serious illness, not just covid.

If stated that instead of saying " pregnant women are at a higher risk of getting covid. Should of made yourself more clear.

I agree, cause of some limitations on medications for pregnant women, they are at a slightly higher risk if they contract a serious illness, not just covid.

If stated that instead of saying " pregnant women are at a higher risk of getting covid. Should of made yourself more clear.
The statement that he said " pregnant women are at a higher risk of getting covid." should have been: " pregnant women are at a higher risk if they get covid." to make sense.

End of story.

I think most people got the gist. I know women understand.

Hey fellas,been long time since I went to a place just mainly read post now. March of 2020 Was last session At H&M’s foot care. Thought i got some uti infection from a hot dirty clean up towel lol it came back negative. Then was told by dr maybe u need a std test which scared the crap out of me. Came back negative as well. But I made promises to myself and others mainly man above that I need to stop.
Then covid hit and i was out all together. I got both shots this past month but still very nervous about going even to a legit spot. I know, I’m a fuckin weak man when it comes to this hobby. You think over a year I wouldnt have the urge no more. I know the risk is always there to catch something But really do miss massages. Anyone else having hesitation about starting up again With covid out there. Be safe fellas

oh yeah - I stopped too around March of last year. Friday is two weeks from my second shot and I am definitely looking to monger that day. Probably an AMP and probably just a R&T. No hesitation. It's just a handy.

Hey fellas,been long time since I went to a place just mainly read post now. March of 2020 Was last session At H&M’s foot care. Thought i got some uti infection from a hot dirty clean up towel lol it came back negative. Then was told by dr maybe u need a std test which scared the crap out of me. Came back negative as well. But I made promises to myself and others mainly man above that I need to stop.
Then covid hit and i was out all together. I got both shots this past month but still very nervous about going even to a legit spot. I know, I’m a fuckin weak man when it comes to this hobby. You think over a year I wouldnt have the urge no more. I know the risk is always there to catch something But really do miss massages. Anyone else having hesitation about starting up again With covid out there. Be safe fellas
You aren't that weak when it comes to this hobby cause you let the pandemic stop you. People were going full tilt the whole time.

So give yourself more credit.

Many of the ladies have gotten their shots. Wear your mask and have fun

Update on Asians I've been with in past 6 weeks:
Since I got my 2 shots plus 2 weeks I've returned to mongering (god, that was a reallllly long dry spell!)
7 girls
3 said (most recent of the 6) said they had both shots. I showed them my card.
4 said they had 1st shot and next shot was 1 week, 2 weeks (X3),

None would take off masks although the 2 shotter's had no problem with me taking off mine

I did not take off mask for remaining 1 shotters.

1 was HE only place for legit type massage (1 shotter)

remaining 5 would do CBJ but eyes went wide with fear when I suggested BBBJ.

4 had no problem with BBFS (I asked but I don't do that — if they say ok I do not do oral on them.)
1 was really confused when I asked her if BBFSCIP was ok and when she said ok and saw me put on condom. She said couple times that "it's ok - I wash after"
It was almost like she preferred BBFSCIP instead of with condom.

Update on Asians I've been with in past 6 weeks:
Since I got my 2 shots plus 2 weeks I've returned to mongering (god, that was a reallllly long dry spell!)
7 girls
3 said (most recent of the 6) said they had both shots. I showed them my card.
4 said they had 1st shot and next shot was 1 week, 2 weeks (X3),

None would take off masks although the 2 shotter's had no problem with me taking off mine

I did not take off mask for remaining 1 shotters.

1 was HE only place for legit type massage (1 shotter)

remaining 5 would do CBJ but eyes went wide with fear when I suggested BBBJ.

4 had no problem with BBFS (I asked but I don't do that — if they say ok I do not do oral on them.)
1 was really confused when I asked her if BBFSCIP was ok and when she said ok and saw me put on condom. She said couple times that "it's ok - I wash after"
It was almost like she preferred BBFSCIP instead of with condom.
At this rate, you may run out of talent
Welcome back to the saddle

To mask or not to mask..
Just curious to know how many of you are continuing to wear masks while entering those stores and venues that the CDC or State Governments do not require ...
I for one do not- Unless clearly posted or asked to