2019 Yankees

Remember Brien Taylor? There were many. However ... whenever all of the scouts gush over somebody like this, more often than not they become very good players. They were very high on Sanchez at the age of 16. Same thing with Vlad Jr. If he can stay healthy, hopefuly he will be patrolling centerfield in a few years and we can get rid of this hack Hicks.

"The Yankees used nearly all of their allotted $5.4 million for international free agents on Dominguez. The reported figure of $5.1 million would obliterate the franchise's previous record for an international player, which was set when it signed Dermis Garcia for $3.2 million in 2014. "

Dermis Garcia, though only 21, has hit .234 in about 1200 plate appearances and is currently in single A ball. This will be his fifth season.

Seems like an absurd amount of money.

"The Yankees used nearly all of their allotted $5.4 million for international free agents on Dominguez. The reported figure of $5.1 million would obliterate the franchise's previous record for an international player, which was set when it signed Dermis Garcia for $3.2 million in 2014. "

Dermis Garcia, though only 21, has hit .234 in about 1200 plate appearances and is currently in single A ball. This will be his fifth season.
I wanted to edit my post but ran out of time. I will say that Garcia's slugging and OPS has steadily improved year by year. He is still light years away from the majors though.

Goes to show how gifted young guys like Soto, Acuna, Vlad Jr and Torres are.

Yes. But he didn't make it because he tore up his shoulder in a fight in the off-season. It wasn't because he bombed talent wise.
That Taylor Was on his way, bar fight and it was all over.

Almost every scout gushes over this Dominguez kid, AKA the "Martian"
Farm system is loaded, thats what is important. If he becomes half of what Trout is, I take that in 5 years.

How can we sweep Tampa Bay, Take 3 of 4 from Houston, then sweep Boston and then lose to the Mets? What a disgrace. By the way .... Encarnacion is not doing very well.