Traffic in Flushing

So I was driving home last night and decided to take a ride through downtown flushing.
Did anyone see all the new street signs that changing the direction of traffic with a lot of do not enter signs? So all these changes made it hard for me to drive through and I wanted to see if anyone was out.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
So I was driving home last night and decided to take a ride through downtown flushing. Did anyone see all the new street signs that changing the direction of traffic with a lot of do not enter signs? So all these changes made it hard for me to drive through and I wanted to see if anyone was out. I parked my car on the corner of prince and 40th rd. That short stroll has cardboard house for the homeless. I walked down 40th and with in seconds 4 lady was asking if I wanted a massage. I kept walking and when I’m almost to the corner of main I see this lady with a nice body standing looking out to Main. I walk up to her and she turned around and wow I actually knew her from a spot in Corona. So I was standing there talking with her and she then said longtime I haven’t seen you. So I walk back to her place . Handed her $60 same as past as I didn’t want to start negotiating and her service has always been good. I’m sitting on the edge of the table and she sucking and licking for a good amount of time and I didn’t want to pop so I stop her.

I bent her over the table and go at it , then flip her over for standing mish popping in the bag. We clean up with some wipes and chat about before. She told me I was last one and she was going home. Offer her a ride but she decline. Glad I found her as some of the other ladies I seen have moved on to different places in Corona and Jackson Heights which I hate going in that area due to no parking.
Sounds like the anti-car nuts are ruining another neighborhood. Thanks to Transportation Alternatives and NYCDOT with their "congestion on purpose" agenda NYC is now the worst traffick in the United States.
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/06/30/new-york-city-worst-traffic-in-the-country/

But let's blame the added pollution and increase in accidents on evil cars and not these failed policies.

Don’t forget the farting cows.
The traffic has gotten so bad that it is severely limiting my travels to/from flushing. During the week (and w/o any accidents in which case it is almost impossible) there is a narrow window to Flushing from exit 49 on 495 or NS) just before 10am and returning at noon. When I am returning I see the west bound 495 is always down to a crawl but east bound is still acceptable at 30-40 mph until Nassau line then it goes back up to 55-60. The situation is exacerbated by the idiots who some how think that swerving in and out of lanes at the slightest lane gap (and then jamming on their brakes when that lane stops and the lane the lane they just left goes from a slow crawl to a faster crawl and passes them by) actually gets them ahead. This is every week day. Sunday morning is acceptable with morning hours TO and returning no later than just before noon and there is usually street parking.

Thursday is now the new Friday in terms of rush out of the city (for those people still living in the city of course).

IMHO, the situation is so bad because commuters are not taking mass transit LIRR and subways and overloading the highways. I also notice that the majority of cars have only one occupant which was not the case in normal times (precovid).

So I was driving home last night and decided to take a ride through downtown flushing. Did anyone see all the new street signs that changing the direction of traffic with a lot of do not enter signs? So all these changes made it hard for me to drive through and I wanted to see if anyone was out. I parked my car on the corner of prince and 40th rd. That short stroll has cardboard house for the homeless. I walked down 40th and with in seconds 4 lady was asking if I wanted a massage. I kept walking and when I’m almost to the corner of main I see this lady with a nice body standing looking out to Main. I walk up to her and she turned around and wow I actually knew her from a spot in Corona. So I was standing there talking with her and she then said longtime I haven’t seen you. So I walk back to her place . Handed her $60 same as past as I didn’t want to start negotiating and her service has always been good. I’m sitting on the edge of the table and she sucking and licking for a good amount of time and I didn’t want to pop so I stop her.

I bent her over the table and go at it , then flip her over for standing mish popping in the bag. We clean up with some wipes and chat about before. She told me I was last one and she was going home. Offer her a ride but she decline. Glad I found her as some of the other ladies I seen have moved on to different places in Corona and Jackson Heights which I hate going in that area due to no parking.
DOT is trying to alleviate traffic congestion. Sometimes when I’m walking to a spot over there I can’t believe the crazy people that drive there

I had a situation a few years ago where I was backing into a parking spot on upper east side. As I was backing in a woman in a BMW convertible pulls into the spot.
I pull along side her and open my window.
She says "I need this spot more than you"
I say " I guess you do. I admire your chutzpah . I don't have the never to do that as I would be afraid that I would do it to some lunatic and when I got back to my car I find it keyed and two tires by the curb slashed."
she says: "Are you threatening me"
I say: "Do I look like a lunatic? Then again what does a lunatic look like"
She sits in her car contemplating our discussion for a few moments and pulls out of the spot leaving it for me to park there.

We’re you there? It’s like the old days in CT with the Ghost shadows and the Flying Dragons.
I wasn’t there but it was well covered by the local news. I grew up in the ghost shadows and flying dragons era. It was violent but they didn’t do crazy driving. And from my experience, the crazy driving in flushing or all the CTs are done by non chinese. They just not used to the traffics in CT. The chinese understand and just chill about it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And from my experience, the crazy driving in flushing or all the CTs are done by non chinese. They just not used to the traffics in CT. The chinese understand and just chill about it.
Totally disagree. Whenever I'm in Flushing I see Asian drivers do whatever they want regardless of the traffic signals. Asian pedestrians also.
The color of the traffic light is meaningless.

Totally disagree. Whenever I'm in Flushing I see Asian drivers do whatever they want regardless of the traffic signals. Asian pedestrians also.
The color of the traffic light is meaningless.
Not to sidetrack this thread, but I agree with this - I also seem to think many Asian drivers in general, drive “outside the lines”.. No disrespect intended here

There was a outdoor two-level parking lot in between Union Avenue and Main Street that's now being torn down. That's only exacerbated the already free-for-all traffic situation on that block. Whenever I have to go to that part of Flushing, I park on Parsons Blvd. and walk an extra ten minutes because it's worth it so that I don't have to deal with that zone of idiocy.

I had a situation a few years ago where I was backing into a parking spot on upper east side. As I was backing in a woman in a BMW convertible pulls into the spot.
I pull along side her and open my window.
She says "I need this spot more than you"
I say " I guess you do. I admire your chutzpah . I don't have the never to do that as I would be afraid that I would do it to some lunatic and when I got back to my car I find it keyed and two tires by the curb slashed."
she says: "Are you threatening me"
I say: "Do I look like a lunatic? Then again what does a lunatic look like"
She sits in her car contemplating our discussion for a few moments and pulls out of the spot leaving it for me to park there.
I've gotten into a heated argument with a guy when he did the same many years ago. I knocked on his window. Smh young and too much energy.

Disappointed there was no martial arts involved.
"revenge is a dish best served cold" (its also a lot safer).
No matter how good someone is at martial arts thy are no match from a bullet. IMHO, getting into a heated argument over a parking spot or other perceived traffic transgression is just plain stupid.

Ps. improperly taking another's parking spot is strategically stupid; the person whose spot is stolen knows exactly where the spot is and what car is parked there whereas that person does not know where the person whose spot was stolen eventually parks their car.

Also, genius is a considerate and concern citizen; whenever he sees a screw, nail or especially lag bolts lying in the street he picks them up; screws and nails are thrown into the bushes or storm drain or trash receptacle; lag bolts are saved in a little bag in his console for future possible use.

"revenge is a dish best served cold" (its also a lot safer).
No matter how good someone is at martial arts thy are no match from a bullet. IMHO, getting into a heated argument over a parking spot or other perceived traffic transgression is just plain stupid.

Ps. improperly taking another's parking spot is strategically stupid; the person whose spot is stolen knows exactly where the spot is and what car is parked there whereas that person does not know where the person whose spot was stolen eventually parks their car.

Also, genius is a considerate and concern citizen; whenever he sees a screw, nail or especially lag bolts lying in the street he picks them up; screws and nails are thrown into the bushes or storm drain or trash receptacle; lag bolts are saved in a little bag in his console for future possible use.
I was more joking about it in a predominantly asian community.

But thanks for the tips on discarding nails, screws and lag bolts. Greatly appreciated.

There was a outdoor two-level parking lot in between Union Avenue and Main Street that's now being torn down. That's only exacerbated the already free-for-all traffic situation on that block. Whenever I have to go to that part of Flushing, I park on Parsons Blvd. and walk an extra ten minutes because it's worth it so that I don't have to deal with that zone of idiocy.
I used to park on Parson too but unless I timed the street sweeping expiration time around there were times when I spent a lot of time looking for a spot. BTW, I used to park on Parsons and Beech when I used to visit with Helen (Helen & Amy fame) at her apt on Beech — long moved away.
There is a very large and almost always empty (except when there is a Mets, tennis open game) parking area off of East rd just before (W of) it meets I678. No pigeons crapping on your car and your car will be in full view of people including park police and NYPD driving by and there will be no car right behind and right in front of you arriving after you street park and blocking you in. There is a large opening in the fence between East Rd and the CubeSmart parking lot and it is a .7 mile walk (accord to gmaps measurement I just made) to 40th rd and main.

If the weather is bad (rain or too hot) I park in Skyview parking garage, probably the cheapest garage in Queens, ($3 for 3hrs). Park on the 2nd level (you won't have to take stairs or elevator to mall) and walk thru the mall to front CPt entrance which is a 2 block walk to Main st. If I'm low on condoms or minutes on my burner I buy them at Target in the front of the Mall (for cash of course) at the self checkout (so I don't have to deal with cashiers).

I was more joking about it in a predominantly asian community.

But thanks for the tips on discarding nails, screws and lag bolts. Greatly appreciated.
The nails and screws I pickup and discard I do so because I'm a mensch about certain things; the lag bolts I keep for further use I keep because sometimes I am not one.