Tiffany at Showworld

Wrong, misdemeanors are crimes. Violations (disorderly conduct, for example) are not.
Misdemeanors are, in deed, crimes. A crime can be a felony or a misdemeanor. Whether disorderly conduct is a violation as opposed to a misdemeanor, I do not know and think that all of these distinctions are not the important point. The important point is the overall risk.

Last edited:
Listen to me very carefully...
Waa, Scriper hurt my feelings. Waa! I would join a separate thread on the 'honorable' question, although I think I've ended it right around here. I did not expect the consensus building for proof that being a John was in fact a crime because I never really knew or cared. I have no care about any illegal thing anyone here may do, my statement was just a posting on a thread to help to express my point, and RuffToy missed it. That is, until I posed it in a more direct way...and you became an animal.

You may not want to be my friend....but you certainly do not want to become my enemy.
My statement was rhetorical, your threat feels and looks real to me. If you're an IP hacker and your threat is real, then come over to my home, I'll be there until 2pm Monday, I'll show you some dangerous ground up close. Then I'm going to see Tiffany.

Wrong, misdemeanors are crimes. Violations (disorderly conduct, for example) are not.
{emphasis added}

NYS Statute S 240.37 Loitering for the purpose of engaging in a prostitution
offense.

1. For the purposes of this section, "public place" means any street,
sidewalk, bridge, alley or alleyway, plaza, park, driveway, parking lot
or transportation facility or the doorways and entrance ways to any
building which fronts on any of the aforesaid places, or a motor vehicle
in or on any such place.

2. Any person who remains or wanders about in a public place and
repeatedly beckons to, or repeatedly stops, or repeatedly attempts to
stop, or repeatedly attempts to engage passers-by in conversation, or
repeatedly stops or attempts to stop motor vehicles, or repeatedly
interferes with the free passage of other persons, for the purpose of
prostitution, or of patronizing a prostitute as those terms are defined
in article two hundred thirty of the penal law, shall be guilty of a
violation and is guilty of a class B misdemeanor if such person has previously been convicted of a violation of this section or of sections 230.00 or 230.05 of the penal law.

3. Any person who remains or wanders about in a public place and
repeatedly beckons to, or repeatedly stops, or repeatedly attempts to
stop, or repeatedly attempts to engage passers-by in converstion, or
repeatedly stops or attempts to stop motor vehicles, or repeatedly
interferes with the free passage of other persons, for the purpose of
promoting prostitution as defined in article two hundred thirty of the
penal law is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

========

In this example of NYS statute law we can clearly see the use of the word "violation" being used in connection with a misdemeanor offense [in this case, specifically, a Class B misdemeanor offense].

{emphasis added}

========

In this example of NYS statute law we can clearly see the use of the word "violation" being used in connection with a misdemeanor offense [in this case, specifically, a Class B misdemeanor offense].
NO, what you see in that example, is the first time you do it, you're guilty of a violation, and the second time, it's a class B misdemeanor.

Ok, but doesn't that go exactly to the point I was originally making...

That a first offense is not a crime, but a violation [offense].

We are not, at least not in NY, NJ, or Ct, criminals. We are offenders.
I simply, apparently, misused the term "misdemeanor" under NYS statue [not my strong point. I am much better with codified statute than old english common].

Last edited: