Things I hate waiting for

billyS

Reign of Terror
This thread is inspired by comments by @trader1 and @Bricktop in another thread about patience.

Waiting on line for cold cuts. One of the biggest wastes of time in life. Especially when you're four or five people from the top and some fat ass Karen is not only ordering two pounds of about six or seven items but she has to taste every one of them and or give a piece to the fat little kids she has in tow. That and watching the loser who hates his minimum paying job walk back and forth, wrapping and unwrapping each meat or cheese.
Luckily I don't eat cold cuts too often any more and most places have presliced ready to go.

Any type of drive thru, bank, fast food.
Besides wasting gas (even before the current crisis I didn't like it), I won't do it unless it's the only option.
I mean come on, park the car, get off your ass and walk into the place.

Carwash, I'm glad I'm not one of these people obsessed with having a shiny car all the time.
But those times when you need to get the salt off after snow storm is torture for me.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Waiting in line to check out at Victoria’s Secret @ Roosevelt Field! They have the best selections generally. Talk about making me angry though… the line is always long when I go, I’m surrounded by a ton of people which makes me incredibly anxious, then They want to talk too much, see who helped you, wrap everything in tissue paper, take off every security tag, see if you’re a card member, see if you want to become a card member… like shut the hell up, throw the stuff in a damn bag and let us go!

This thread is inspired by comments by @trader1 and @Bricktop in another thread about patience.

Waiting on line for cold cuts. One of the biggest wastes of time in life. Especially when you're four or five people from the top and some fat ass Karen is not only ordering two pounds of about six or seven items but she has to taste every one of them and or give a piece to the fat little kids she has in tow. That and watching the loser who hates his minimum paying job walk back and forth, wrapping and unwrapping each meat or cheese.
Luckily I don't eat cold cuts too often any more and most places have presliced ready to go.

Any type of drive thru, bank, fast food.
Besides wasting gas (even before the current crisis I didn't like it), I won't do it unless it's the only option.
I mean come on, park the car, get off your ass and walk into the place.

Carwash, I'm glad I'm not one of these people obsessed with having a shiny car all the time.
But those times when you need to get the salt off after snow storm is torture for me.
Hits a very raw nerve

Waiting on line for something caused by inefficiency, incompetence or selfishness

- Recent trip to airport. The queue at TSA way backed up because of the morons who cannot follow instructions and empty their pockets/bags of water bottles and other objects which sets off alarms.
- The selfish bastard who jams up the aisle of the plane while boarding to reach/unreach/reach etc her overhead bag before everyone can board. I opened my mouth and almost got into a altercation

- Any type of checkout line at a box store where there are only a couple registers open and lines ten deep, while store employees gather down the aisles to chitchat about nonsense

- The driver who clogs up the express lane or left lane on 495, obeying the speed limit to a ..t..

- Having a meal at a restaurant and needing to ask for the server repeatedly because he/she is overwhelmed ( falls under inefficiency)

-ANY type of phone call to customer service, asking to hit #1,#4,#7 only to be asked by the same non English speaking first language representative, the same questions all over again.

- Hypocrisy in any form!!

Ty @billyS for getting me worked up thinking about these issues.. looks like I’ll be headed for some extracurricular stimulation now before I head to work

Waiting behind people at stoplights who seem like they're busy making sandwiches instead of paying attention to the enormous green light that's shining above their cars. I'll flash my high beams a few times at them, and only afterwards will I lean on the own if they haven't yet moved.

Truth be told: I've been guilty of doing that a few times myself, so I apologize to anyone who had to wait behind me while I remembered what the hell I was doing in the first place.

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

This may seem gross,
but when I get that painful rumble in my stomach, and I need to go to the bathroom;
I hate waiting if there's someone in there.

Especially if we're in a restaurant and they don't have multiple stall accommodations.

You know that person in there is most likely taking their time, acting like they're at home, and making me suffer pain and embarrassment as I stink up the hallways

Another one:
Traffic

Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on any thoroughfare for no apparent reason. Or, otoh, having a road crew block off 2 out of 3 lanes ( notorious on SSP) to fix potholes.. Don’t ya love passing by 7 trucks, with crew of 12 only to see one guy stamping the road and the 11 smoking cigarettes

last one

Traffic lights- untimed

A routine trip down Sunrise highway takes triple the amount of time it used too- red light, green light, red light green light.. Tried slows speeds, excessive speeds- every fucking light changes randomly

1-The car in front of me going 2mph to make a right hand turn. 2-Being behind a car at a red light that is making a left turn, who stays at the corner when the light turns green instead of moving to the middle of the intersection (which is what you're supposed to do) so I can get around them to go straight. This is pretty much everybody and it's a disgrace how many people don't know how to drive.

Waiting in line to check out at Victoria’s Secret @ Roosevelt Field! They have the best selections generally. Talk about making me angry though… the line is always long when I go, I’m surrounded by a ton of people which makes me incredibly anxious, then They want to talk too much, see who helped you, wrap everything in tissue paper, take off every security tag, see if you’re a card member, see if you want to become a card member… like shut the hell up, throw the stuff in a damn bag and let us go!
Someone needs a gummy :)