The Yankees Suck

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by vegasjim
I figured they would have trouble with Oakland but not the Angels!
I expect to hear this sort of nonsense in New England. An astute baseball person would recognize that the Angels have been tougher on the Yanks over the last couple of years( they have a winning record) than the A's. They employed traditionally Yankee strengths( pitching, defense, patience at the plate and tough at bats) to win. This series points out that they are now the Yankees' weaknesses.
hp

Last edited:
All the arrogant Yankee fans deserve it, 50% of which are bandwagoners who didn't know who the Yankees were before 1996. The previous successes of the Yankee franchise were never enough for those fans; they still needed to degrade Red Sox and Met fans. Karma does comes around sooner or later.

After a very successful 20th Century, the Yankees are now the doormat of the 21st Century because of the choke of all time against Arizona last year and this embarrassing series against the Angels that included blowing a 6-1 lead. I'm neither a Yankee or Met fan, but if I had to be one, I'd pick the Mets right now.

So to every single arrogant Yankee fan (and you all know who you are): THE YANKEES LOSE; THEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES LOSE.

I will never say the words the Yankees S***.

They played as well as they could. The offense tried to do their best to win this but the pitching was not there. And we all know pitching win games. Even if your offense sucks, pitching wins. It helped us win the in 96,98,99,2000.

One thing I noticed about this years post season was that we didnt see Mo. Maybe once?

And the scores were all high. We hardly allowed more then 7 runs in the entire 98 WS and we averaged that per game in the ALDS.

This isnt the team that could come from behind and perform a miracle.

Missing are Chuck, Tino, Paulie, Scott, Jim Leyritz, Louis Sojo. Soriano was very disappointing. Jeter was in "Mr. October" mode. But one man cant win games. Boston learned that when they tried to put the entire future of their team on Pedro.

The yankees dont suck.. they are just not the Yankees we have come to know and love over the past 7 seasons.

This is a whole new team.. a whole new ball game...

Its over, life goes on..

As they say..Maybe next year..

Originally posted by Kimmie
I will never say the words the Yankees S***.

The yankees dont suck.. they are just not the Yankees we have come to know and love over the past 7 seasons.

Its over, life goes on..

As they say..Maybe next year..
Your right Kimmie I was just upset by the way they played in this series with the Angels. Hopefuly the Giants will win today and I will feel better. Sorry Dee I know you want Dallas to win.

I believe four issues to consider in the Angels winning the series:
1-First of all, the Angels played extemely well. They hit better, fielded better, and pitched better the Yanks. The Angles played near perfectly.
2-Secondly, it was the wrong time for the Yanks to have a 3 game losing streak. They booted balls, hit into double plays, and stranded many runners. Like the base-loaded in the 8th yesterday. Remember-a homerun at that time-makes the game very tight. Even a double-sparks an uprising.
3-Finally, I believe Paulie O was seriously missed. Yes he kicked a few water-coolers, etc. However, he did have a way of inspiring the bunch. Also, Brosius and the others-did know how to win the big games.
4-Lastly, the Yanks had won the last few championships based on pitching and defense. They currently do not have the defensive team they had in the past. While Giambi is a wonderful hitter, he is no Martinez in the field. Additionally, I think that Soriano has great potential as a hitter, but his mistakes in the field yesterday doomed the Yanks. Think back to hard hit double down the line on Friday Evening. Possibly-Tino catches that and snuffs the rally out. Giambi is a fair fiedler at best. And then last of all, the pitching just sucked.

The Yankees have had a Long and illustrious career.
From the time they came from the Baltimore area, as the New York Highlanders to the present as the New York Yankees, there will always be those that say "the Yanks suck".

Most don't like the Yanks, for what they have done in this time, and stand for, for a fan.

Some were fans, and bailed out when the Yanks had bad seasons. Only to return when the W's were on the scoreboard again. I would now assume that they'll bail again.

Other don't have any idea where they stand or just like shooting off their mouths.

For the True Yankees Fan, you stick with the team. Through the Great times the Good times, and the Bad times.

Being a Fan since 1956, through Great(s), Good(s), and a lot of BAD times. This atrocious lose will pass.
The Yanks played ball in this series.

They did not play good baseball.

The pitching was poor
The fielding was poor
The bats didn't count when they were needed.
And the Spark in the dugout was less, than in the few years past. Why?
Some of that spark left with some players.

On To Next Season, as the YANKEES have always done.

Remember, there is Good, Great and Bad in everything.
You go with the Good
Relish in the Great
and Eat Crow with the Bad.

except in the case of the Redsox............ :)

GO YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
always a Yankees fan.

rollin

Last edited:
hahaha oett..well none the less it was a great game..even after the loss i went grocery shopping in e rutherford sporting my cowboy hat..i got comments but i got praised for being brave enough to wear it

Jealousy and ignorance

Yes the Yankees defeat in the opening round is very unfortunate to fans such as myself. But to say the Yankees suck? Get real.

The Yankees ended the regular season with the best record in all of Baseball. Again, yes they lost. The last time I checked The Angels were a professional ball club. If the Yankees won every year, baseball would be a dull sport to watch. Even for us Yankee fans.

However for you jealous Mets fans. The last time I checked the Mets too are a professional ball club. Then tell me why they looked more like a second rate college team this year?

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes
Originally posted by rollin
The Yankees have had a Long and illustrious career.
From the time they came from the Baltimore area, as the New York Highlanders to the present as the New York Yankees, there will always be those that say "the Yanks suck".
You know, even most Yankee fans have no idea that the Yankees were originally Baltimore's team. The American League brought them to NY because they thought they'd need a team there in order for the league to survive.