The most overrated band in History....

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
paulbunyon said:
I mostly agree with your observations Chuck. I love the Stones but, you're right, they've overstayed their welcome about 20 years ago or at least since their '89 Tour. That should have been their farewell tour.
Funny thing...my friend was wearing a "crew" tee-shirt from this show yesterday at work, the "Steel Wheels" tour. Remember the not-so-funny line about that tour, "The Steel Wheel Chairs" tour? And this is 17 years ago.

Aerosmith is hard to listen to post 1980. And that song that everybody "loves", Dream On" has got to be one of the worst rock ballads of all time. Heck, all those "ballads" just bite.

Gavy

springsteen

you guys are missing the point about springsteen. he is (was) a storyteller. that story was growing up on the jersey shore. once he grew up, the story was over. i remember my older brother telling me stories about jumping onstage at the pony and grabbing clarence's sax. and stories about seeing bruce on the seaside heights boardwalk throwing a jacket over his head so he wouldn't be recognized. these were in the born to run days.

Sheryl Crowe has to be the most over rated female singer in history. I do not know whose dick she sucked who got to put his dick in her ass to get a record contract but she is and will be forever terrible.

ChuckUFarlie said:
I'm late getting in on this but I just love to talk trash.

Post Roger Waters Pink Floyd----Now I mention this cause I put Floyd right up there next to the Beatles as my favorites of all time. However the Elevator and Aquarium music they put out without Waters was just sooo fucking awful. I like Gilmour's voice and he is a great guitar player but it seems the guts behind Floyd has been Waters. But the funny thing is that Waters needed Gilmour to make his work more listenable and really make it work.
Post Water Floyd simply was NOT Pink Floyd.
Waters needed Gilmour to make his work more listenable and really make it work????.....NO WAY.
Pink Floyd needed Waters and Gilmour to be Pink Floyd.
Waters continued and continues to blossom since.

justme

homo economicus
Ozzy said:
My ATF band is Floyd.... My ATF song is Shine On... problem is, because of all the parts of that song there was only room three other songs... Welcome to the Machine, Have a Cigar (which is sung by Roy Harper) and Wish you were here.
That's my favorite Floyd album.