The more you pay the better it gets

Originally posted by Judge Crater
jl:

Not to worry. Mommy and Daddy still think you're special. So does your wife.

I think you're siblings and relatives hold a fairly toleratnt view of you as well.

Your secretary, however, has a voodoo doll.

After you've been brusque with her, she sticks it with pins.

(That would explain the headaches.)

It's anybody's guess what the rest of the office thinks.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater
envy is so unattractive jc.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by h. von bingen
ww
are you implying that i was?
I am implying that "the girl can't help it.".

-Ww

PS - Actually, I don't know what I meant; the quote just popped into my head when I read your exchange with jl.

envy is so unattractive jc.
But I'm not envious. Frankly, the last time I was envious of another male was in 1966. I went shopping in Newark with my older brother and father.

I was envious that my brother was getting a new suit. Then my father beat my older brother in public for not liking the suit that my father choose for him.

I am above envy of other males.

My last experience with sexual jealousy was in 1975. I am similarly above such feelings.

you know jc, some people are special and some aren't and no amount of howling will change one into the other.

thanks ww. re: flirting, i just really enthusiastically hold my opinions. well if some people find that irresistable, i can't help it.

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
thanks ww. re: flirting, i just really enthusiastically hold my opinions. well if some people find that irresistable, i can't help it.
If you could help it, it wouldn't be so damn irresistable.

-Ww

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by justlooking
It's probably bad form to comment on people's commentary on you, but I'd say that it isn't exactly that I'm ethically opposed to giving in to hedonism. It's that I'm ethically opposed to giving in to hedonism when it causes you to do things you'd otherwise think are immoral (which it doesn't have to do, but does in this case).

Contrary to what Wwanderer seems (with some justification) to think, I really don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with feeling good or enjoying yourself.
This is basically what I meant. Everyone has hedonistic tendencies and pleasing yourself isn't itself a 'bad' thing (although I'd find it difficult to say it was necessarily a 'good' thing, either). The reason I called yours viscious is because I think that you find it difficult to forgo the temptaion of self-indulgence, even when it comes at the expense of your principles.

(Also, see pending reply to WW)

Originally posted by justme
Everyone has hedonistic tendencies and pleasing yourself isn't itself a 'bad' thing (although I'd find it difficult to say it was necessarily a 'good' thing, either).
making yourself happy can indeed be a good thing. compassion toward others is impossible without compassion toward oneself.

hvb:

I've got the monopoly on the weird.

For a guy in pinstripes and regimental tie with two kids and a wife who is otherwise boringly ordinary, that's sufficent for me.

Whenever things get dull around here, I shit on the carpet, vomit and/or do impressions.

In some of my lighter moments, I came up with a rather useful General Theory of Commercial Sexual Behavior and a play.

And I know how to screw women in a wide variety of ways being a variety of men.

Not too shabby for a stuffed shirt like me.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater (a/k/a Ward Cleaver)

hvb:

I've got the monopoly on the weird.

For a guy in pinstripes and regimental tie with two kids and a wife who is otherwise boringly ordinary, that's sufficent for me.

Whenever things get dull around here, I shit on the carpet, vomit and/or do impressions.

In some of my lighter moments, I came up with a rather useful General Theory of Commercial Sexual Behavior and a play.

And I know how to screw women in a wide variety of ways being a variety of men.

Not too shabby for a stuffed shirt like me.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater (a/k/a Ward Cleaver)
i understand how desperately you want to be special. you have my sympathies. but truly you are not. besides it's not something to crave. if you don't believe me ask jl. if it's any consolation, you have more heart.

Last edited:
jl:

Would a similarly funny sensitive smart guy who paid what you pay get more or less what you get?

Think about your answer carefully before responding.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater
I'm confused. What's the purpose of this question exactly? And what would be the variable in this situation that would determine whether or not said similarly funny sensitive smart guy who paid the same would get the same bang for his buck? Looks, sexual prowess, access to trendy night spots?

More from Voice of jl's Subconscious: ("Bad fat jl. Bad fat sometimes gets to screw skinny young no assed women who pretend to like him because he's so funny senstive and smart but are really only with him for the money and act that way with all funny sensitive smart guys jl. Bad fat endlessly ironic but used to be young and relatively innocent jl. Bad fat starting to laugh at himself more now jl.")
Oh no! JL is only attracted to no-assed women? Drat. Maybe he'll buy me that stairmaster I want for my birthday

Danielle:

The purpose of the question was to ascertain whether jl still recognized how fungible he was to any woman willing to have sex with him for money. A john needs to know such things.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater