The Matrix

Re: Re: These aren't the droids you're looking for

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
When Count Dookoo (sp?) comes on in the last movie (ep 2), you feel the presence of a real actor (played Saurimon in LOTR). The contrast to the other players is so severe. It really makes your point.
Christopher Lee. And yes.

Re: Re: These aren't the droids you're looking for

Originally posted by Psychosis
1 James Earl Jones did not act in SW, he did the voice of Vader and acting is more than doing a voice although I think James Earl Jones is a fantastic actor.
I can't imagine the original Star Wars without James Earl Jones' voice as Darth Vader. The voice IS the only real acting that the Vader character does, since he's behind a mask the whole time.

Anyhow, I'm not arguing that movies should return to the past and have all the special effects done with cardboard cut-outs. I just think it'd be nice, given all the effort that's put into special effects in big releases these days, if they paid some attention to the acting to go along with it. I don't think effects and acting have to be an either/or thing.

æ

Re: Re: Re: These aren't the droids you're looking for

Originally posted by alterego
I can't imagine the original Star Wars without James Earl Jones' voice as Darth Vader. The voice IS the only real acting that the Vader character does, since he's behind a mask the whole time.
æ
Neither can I, thats why I am glad that he is doing the voice again for SW3 when Anakin becomes Vader. Jones also did the introduction of the Sly Stone movie Judge Dred and sounded great in that also. He has a very commanding voice. He made a movie many, many years ago when he was young about a boxer that is involved with a white woman and I think it is one of his best movies. I cant remember the name but he was fantastic in it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: These aren't the droids you're looking for

Originally posted by Psychosis
I cant remember the name but he was fantastic in it.
I think it was "The Great White Hope".

Glad to hear he's going to be the voice of Vader again!!!

æ