Stupidest Woman in the US. Contest

Re: A complete aside...

Originally posted by alterego
My favorite cookbook of all time is still the original edition of the Joy of Cooking.

The chapter on game is absolutely hilarious. The section entitled "About Squirrel" is particularly funny (with accompanying diagrams showing white-gloved hands and high-heeled feet stepping on the squirrel during skinning)

æ
It is SO WEIRD to find someone else who thinks that (even down to the favorite section).

Originally posted by pjorourke
Okay, now I'm afraid to ask. What is it made from?
It's made from the head of the pig. The book, "Little House on the Prairie," explains the process in detail.

JL? Alterego? I think you've gone way beyond weird, and stumbled into a whole other dimension of relativity...

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
I don't know who she is, but I'll be that she is not the stupidest person in the US.

(More seriously, you can't tell if a person is smart or dumb based on what he/she knows because different people are exposed to and pay attention to different things. For example, I have no idea who "Kramer", aside from a character on a TV show I have never seen, because watching TV fell off my priority list about 20 years ago, but just because almost everyone else around me does know, I don't consider myself dumb.)

-Ww

Re: Re: A complete aside...

Originally posted by justlooking
It is SO WEIRD to find someone else who thinks that (even down to the favorite section).
That's really funny. I honestly thought I was the only person since the 1940's who had ever even looked at those diagrams.

æ

Re: Re: Re: NEWS FLASH!

Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
Oh, I get it, alright. And I have long maintained the same point, about what men think they know, about the women know...

Men know their women.... They're just in total denial (to themselves) about what they know.

justme

homo economicus
Sweetbreads.

Ignorance isn't stupidity. The converse holds. However, there are some profoundly stupid people out there (which doesn't mean that they aren't without value).

Anne Coulter?

At a New York restaurant so famous and expensive that I'm ashamed to tell you I took a Stripper Friend there:

STRIPPER (looking at my plate): So sweetbreads are brains, right?

ME: No, pancreas. Want one?

STRIPPER: Um, no I think not, thank you.

OTOH one of her colleagues loved the head cheese (called testa cuz it's Italian) at Lupa. Even after I explained what it was and how they made it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by justlooking
At a New York restaurant so famous and expensive that I'm ashamed to tell you I took a Stripper Friend there:

STRIPPER (looking at my plate): So sweetbreads are brains, right?

ME: No, pancreas. Want one?

From Stern to Thymus.