Soprano's Pool

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by thelastone
Originally posted by Hotpuppy
I think Ralphie set up Jackie Jr., only Im not sure why. Tony is definitely "handling" Ralphie, cant believe he is long for this world. Must protest how my second favorite character( first is Silvio), Furio, is being treated, every once in awhile he gets to beat someone up etc. , now he nearly gets his dick shot off. Gloria is not insane, fucked up, but not insane, Tony's "handling" of her was charming, but he did finally figure out that he chooses mistresses that mirror his mother. My question is, why did he ever choose Carmella?
HP
Furio did not get shot in the dick...If you look closely that doctor pulled the bullet out of his thigh. :)
Although I do agree with you on their usage of Furio. I friggin love that damn accent. 'fuckina stupida gamea'

last
Last,
Since you quoted my post, I have to assume you read it- I wrote "nearly" got his dick shot off, not "shot in the dick". If you remember there was at least one reference to Furios dick by a wiseguy, something to the effect: hey doc, why dont you give him a package- or "nearly" that.
take care hp

Looks like we are going to have to wait a YEAR for 2002 Sopranos. New episodes will start next April or May.

AAARRRGGGHHHH

I read a great article yesterday that says that if the show ends next year as Gandolfini and David Chase have said, it will end with Tony having to choose between his family and The Family. Tony will sing like a canary, realizing that he cannot live his life the way he has, and the show will end with his family going into witness protection.

it sucked.

one shitty thing happened and they built a lame funeral and show around it. thought for sure they'd put the russian in it. HBO fucks up everything. thats why they'll never be like a real network when it comes to producing weekly series.

it just goes to show how they drag their ass's making this show. it went off the air in march and yet they only got around to filming last jan (they had the giant/ravens super bowl). this season looked just like they rushed thru it.

tony should skip the military school and beat that fucking kid(AJ) off every wall in that house.

take meadows credit cards away and teach that spoiled bitch some fucking respect.

the show sucked....especially the last 5 minutes....what the fuck was that.

they should have been filming me this past friday morning/afternoon while i was jumping off bridges and wandering around in the jersey swamps in newark. i didn't find any bodies though.................don't ask!

Really disappointing enterprise

but guess everybody who had it on good authority as to what was going to happen better re-check their sources. they ain't as good as you think.

sorry - disappointing episode not enterprise

though it would get exciting when they showed Paulie Walnuts running at the funeral - thought may be the Russian was back, but alas it was just the coppers

My two cents

It appears that the reason why it takes so long is that the writers actually think about what to write and to keep the writing true to the characters..

Best lines....(those of you with children will appreciate it..and those of you without should understand..)

Tony to Dr. Melfi about AJ "How we gonna save this kid?" Cut to Jackie's coffin

Carmela looks at Jackie's coffin..cut to bedroom where she snuggles next to Tony.."Ok Let's try it your way".

I get it, I get it.

my way is quicker and more to the point. it's also cheaper......unless you bust a few holes in the walls with AJ's head.

it's funny...the kid basically tells mom to go fuck herself and dad slaps him.....mom looks on ih horror at what her husband did. maybe if he slapped that little fuck around when he first got tossed from school he would have learned. shit if i ever spoke to my perents like that...i wouldn't be here right now.

Carl M

Hanging by a thread
Too Many Loopholes and Low Body Count!

Geez, to say it simple, the finale was for shit! Jackie is the only one to get it when Ralphie, Paulie and Chris could have bought it too! Too many things are up in the air! Tony is on the outs with Chris and Paulie. Paulie meanwhile could go with the NYC syndicate and also must be looking over his shoulder for Ivan! Meanwhile Adrianna next season will spill her guts to that FBI lady and down the road we could see Chris possible becoming a turncoat! Not a good finale!!

Too many things are up in the air..

Kinda like life, huh??

Don't you hate it when these sitcoms neatly tie everything up in a package after 22 minutes (or hour dramas after 48 minutes)?

You knew they couldn't get to everything in one show.

This episode made me believe that next year is the last year as the creators have been saying. Paulie's gone, Tony dissed Chris last night, Adriana has a new best friend in the FBI and Tony doesn't want to see his kids live the life he has (he blames his father).

Tony sings like a canary (or is that a soprano in the choir??) next year.

i didn't expect everything to come together but more than ONE thing....and the one obvious thing that everyone knew was going to happen, after last week. when the second biggest plot of the night(with all the cliff hangers to use) is AJ cheating on his test........

the show sucks.

even the way he got wacked was pretty lame.

hmmmm

I must agree that the season finale absolutely blew chunks. I didn't like anything about it. Even with Meadow's "conflict of conscious". There was too much about Tony's family and not enough about Tony's Family.

However, on a brighter note, with the addition of Fairuza Balk (as the lady FBI), next season should be more interesting. I do have a bit of a hardon for gothic types which Ms. Balk is used to playing...So seeing her dark contenence along with Adrianna should produce interesting...uhhhh...visual scenes.

Although I must say, she has got to get rid of that hair!

And I have one question...
When did Artie get back together with that friggin wife of his???????!?!!?!? I thought they were in the middle of divorce proceedings. Yet at the wake, he was standing there with his arm around his wife and staring longingly at Adrianna.

Plot loophole? Editing mistake??

hmmm, maybe I'm forgetting 5 min. of last episode???

last

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I think this was a bit of a ripoff from HBO. This was not a season finale, but an hour long teaser for next season. there was a little sizzle ( very little ), and no steak. They left all the interesting issues open ( the Russian Commando and the whole Russian "thing", Pauli and Chris, Pauli and NY, Arti and Adrianna, AJ's issues, Meadows issues, yada, yada yada ). I think part of the reason for this is that many contracts are up at the end of next season, and they are not sure if the next will be the last one.

What should have been the culmination of excitement that had built up from the past episodes was not a crescendo, but a refrain in anticaption of the next act. I think this is what happens when you let the marketing guys have influence over the creative process.

[Edited by slinkybender on 05-21-2001 at 06:12 PM]